Easy Hd Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromed

Hey 405th! I am Chromed and I just recently joined this forum. I have no clue how things work here(I have read the stickies) and I hope that you guys will forgive me if I commit a mistake like breaking a rule. I believe all I need to do is to be nice and to play safe.

Anyways, I was wondering if there are easy HD Mark VI pep files. I know that noobs should start with a Low-Def pep file but I don't really want to make these Low-Def pep files because they lack so much detail. I really want to start with an easy HD pep but if there is none, what Mark VI pep files do you guys recommend for a noob to start?

Thanks

-Chromed

Chromed said:
I really want to start with an easy HD pep but if there is none, what Mark VI pep files do you guys recommend for a noob to start?

Thanks

-Chromed

whell thats the thing, there is no easy HD helmet or piece, probably the easyest HD piece to do is the MK.IV HD handplate but i wouldstart with a halo 1 marine or a halo 2 ODST helmet, these are the easyest and probablythe most detailed. (hope this helps and sorry for my bad english).

Last edited by a moderator:
estonianguy said:
whell thats the thing, there is no easy HD helmet or piece, probably the easyest HD piece to do is the MK.IV HD handplate but i wouldstart with a halo 1 marine or a halo 2 ODST helmet, these are the easyest and probablythe most detailed. (hope this helps and sorry for my bad english).

let me help makes things simple make a halo2 odst armor there got big parts and its really easy then do what i did work your way up after i did my odst i did my gundam and now im doing a great Space marine suit but if u feel like u got it then go for it start with something HD but then u might get mad or bored and give up so take it slow and easy hope this helps :) and welcome

HD peps are tricky but I wouldn't say hard. In a sense non of the pep file available are "Hard" they are just big puzzles and all the pieces are numbered. Kind of simple. lol

Its just HD's usually take a lot more time and patience to put together than a low def because you have so many more pieces. Anyone can make HD peps its just that most noobs expect amazing results in only a couple of hours, and HD peps can take days if not weeks to complete.

Also its good to practice on less complex pieces first. I am not saying go to the extreme super low def marine cause that might not really help but even if you made a throw away low def Mark VI you would get much needed peping experience and a good tester for scale. That way your HD helmet will be perfect scale and peped amazingly.

So if your going to jump head first into this, I would like to give you a little advice.

First scale your Helmet correctly. Number one noob mistake is a pep too big or too small to fit correctly.

Second and most important, be patient and TAKE YOUR TIME. Don't try to rush and just know when all is said and done you'll have something amazing.

Hope that helped and good luck.

i wouldn't start off with HD PEPs,i would go for something small first then work my way up like do an frag grenade first you know something small then work your way up.

When I started out last year, I did some of the smooth peps from MROreo123's MKIV page They were a simple build and they showed some promise, but i Ultimately abandoned the pep to make the Halo 3 ODST armor. They are simple, and pretty detailed patterns and shouldn't cause any problems. :)

Welcome to the Forums!

First of all, I want to thank you guys for replying. I have decided to go with MrOreo123's Smooth Unfolds since these are (I think) simple projects for me to start.

-Chromed

Not to contradict everyone, but my very first project was a rogue helmet. Let me tell you, not the easiest thing in the world. However I believe that just jumping straight to what I REALLY wanted helped motivate me and give me good experience.

Just my opinion.

It ultimately comes down to what you want. If you're just looking for some practice pepping, put anything together. As long as you take your time and you're patient, it'll be fine. Generally, I'd say don't waste your time pepping something that you don't want and will consequently never finish.

I know that puts the decision squarely back on your shoulders, but that's where it needs to be. We're here to help you figure out ways to build your armor, but you should make the choice of WHAT to build.

When I first started out I was honestly afraid to even do HD pieces. I started with low def and ended up working my way up. HD pieces aren't necessarily hard, they just take up a lot of time because of the many many MANY pieces and a lot of them are super tiny. :( Personally, maybe start with some small HD files first (like a hand plate) if you don't wanna do low def. to get used to everything and then start working your way up on larger files like the greaves, thighs, biceps, etc. Good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back