New Hd Odst Game Accurate Pep Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirrou

UPDATED: 01/27/15 All of these files are on the 405th Archive.

Kirrou HD ODST Forearms

forarm_preview_05.jpg

Scaling: Measure length of your arm from bend in wrist to bend in elbow add a few cm to represent the elbow pad. Print first to pages of pep file and compare your forearm length to the tester strip and adjust "Depth Factor" accordingly. Then repeat until your forearm length matched the one on the tester strip.

Default Overall depth is at 33cm which makes the forearm tester strip length about 24cm

UPDATED: 07/31/10

Kirrou HD ODST Stomach Plate
It is super easy to build and it very accurate to the game. I included all the grooves and indents so it will need very little work once hardened.

kirrou_hd_odst_stomach_pep.jpg

Scaling: Its defaulted at 16cm high and 11cm wide which fits perfectly into the chest plate I created at default size (20cm high).

UPDATED: 07/22/10

Kirrou HD ODST Shoulder w/ Hinge
New shoulder file is the same as the old one but this one is two pieces and was designed to have a hinge/joint to combine the two pieces and increase mobility.

kirrou_hd_odst_shoulder_pre.jpg

If you place a bolt or peg through the center of the hinge/joint holes it will bend perfectly and only to a certain angle.

Basic instructions:
1. Build it without cutting out the hinge/joint holes.
2. Harden it the pep (make sure you don't paint over the hinge/joint holes.)
3. Using the hinge/joint holes as a guide drill through the center of each to make holes align and be the size of you bolt.
4. Insert bolt and fasten with a nut.
5. DONE!

Scaling: Use height as a base for scale.
* Hinged Shoulder is defaulted at 30.5cm (about 12in) in height.

For those of you who prefer only once piece the old file is right below.

Kirrou HD ODST Shoulder Plate Once Piece
This file is one single piece so you don't have to worry about how to hold it together.

* Single Piece Shoulder is defaulted at 29.5cm (about 11.5in) in height.

UPDATED: 07/20/10

Kirrou HD ODST Chest Plate Pep
New ODST Chest file. This is version 2. It is now more streamline and easier to build. (It uses floats for the front details)

kirrou_hd_odst_chestv2_01.jpg

*It is only one file now. I decided the tester wasn't really necessary for this one.*

Scaling: I would recommend scaling based on height and not width because this chest pep is curved so if you scale solely based on width it will probably be too large.

*Chest Plate is defaulted at 20cm (about 8in) in height.*

UPDATED: 07/19/10

New files up

Kirrou's HD Rookie ODST Helmet pep
I modeled a brand spanking new HD (Super Game Accurate!) ODST Rookie Helmet.

kirrou_hd_odst_helmet_01.jpg

I included all major detail that I could along with a few floats for details under the visor and behind the helmet.

Build tip-
*I would recommend tweeking the smoothing option in Pepakura to remove many of the folds on the front part of the chin area. It will make both the build and smoothing process much easier.*

Kirrou's Rookie ODST Tester Helmet
Also because this helmet is super detailed I created a tester helmet as well.

kirrou_tester_helmet.jpg

Its super low def but all the dimensions are the same so it will really help to get the perfect size for you.

*Both Helmet files are defaulted at 31cm in height *

Please let me know what you guys think. I hope these help out the ODST builders here at the 405. I have learned a lot here and I wanted to give back. Hope these files are useful.

the shoulder and the chest are awesome, finally something game accurate (no offense to the others) not even mine is accurate but then again it was from the live action short.

Hey thanks for the positive feed back guys. I am really glad to help out. If you guys build these feel free to post links to your build. I would love to see other people making and using my pep in their builds.

I might make a couple more pieces in the near future. Possibly the ODST Gauntlets I know a few new ones popped up recently but I haven't checked them out. The old one I found a while back wasn't what I had in mind. So I might make a game accurate HD one, but we'll see. Lol I'll keep you guys posted.

There are so many amazing files lurking in the forums. I really wish they were all in one place so people could see how many great files/models have been made. Those are amazing. :D

Hello 405th its been a while since I had an update but I have one for you.

I have been away do to life but I am back and I haven't been completely slacking. Here are some previews of what I have been working on.

As promised, a game accurate High Def HALO 3:ODST Forearm is in the works.

forarm_rough.jpg

Also I am working on a High Def HALO 3:ODST stomach plate. (I figure I should make one that fits perfectly to my chest plate.)

But I need some help from you guy. I need some nice in game front and side shots of the stomach plate. Oh and I check online but nothing beats taking them straight from the game.

stomach_plate.jpg

BTW the only reason I can't do it myself is cause my xbox live account recently expired. So I can't go into the ODST game and take reference pics I need. I have been working solely

based on the HD renders bungie release along with the game. So if anyone can get on their ODST game a snap some pics I would really appreciate it. (Front & Profile pics are what I really need but any other angles would be great too.)

Thanks everyone, I hope to have the forearm ready to go soon.

Man I wish I knew how to 3d model. Those models are some quality pieces that a lot of people have probably been waiting a long time for. Excellent job.

All I have to say about the forearm is.... PURE WIN! Looks like I have found a new file for the forearm! Besides, I am not a fan of the one I am currently using!? :)

Those look extremely game accurate, good work. I'm defiantly going to use these in my ODST build after i'm done with my marine build.

I will totally start updating my set after my next con, not enough time to start over on pieces, but I will definitely by swapping my shoulders after Acen, but mine are too far along atm.

Any ETA on the gauntlets?

BTW I tried to get a good picture of the center equipment plate... but because of how he stands I couldnt get a good pic without it being crooked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back