For Anyone That Designs Pepakura Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODST RICKOLAY

ive been trying to find a decent file for a ww2 german helmet, and i cant seem to find one anywhere, it wouldnt take that long to make, relativity simple design

please help a comrade out

I think your best bet is to just go and buy one from an army surplus store or online.

Getting a reproduction will probably be your best bet. An original WWII german helmet would cost more.

I also think you would just save money and time by just buying one.

My local military surplus store has assorted helmets for under $10. I would assume that most similar stores will have similar priced helmets. No German ones here tho. I agree that it would probably be cheaper to get a replica, since making it from pep would cost you around $20-40 in materials.

Try ebay or replica weapons catalogs, I know that Atlanta Cutlery has some helmets. There are lots of free helmet models out there if you cant find a replica, just google "helmet 3d model", you will come up with lots of them.

Hello All,

I don't remember where I got this file at, If you are the owner or know where to find it, please let me know so credit can be given.

The file belongs to rundown, please see his file base at Here

screenshot.jpg

Stilgar

Stilgar Hammer said:
Hello All,

I don't remember where I got this file at, If you are the owner or know where to find it, please let me know so credit can be given.

Download

screenshot.jpg

Stilgar

cough... My file. just redirect them to my file base. http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16786

Plz dont rehost my files without permission :)

Btw that isnt a ww2 helmet. Its a killzone 1 helmet and mask...

this is what he means:
helmsoldat2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
the killzone helmet is great and if i cant find any others im sure to use that, but i do mean German helmet.

as for spending more money making one, i wont , i have all the supplies needed to make a hundred pepakura helmets.

plus where i live, in port st Lucie fl, these isnt one army and navy shop till Orlando. which is too far of a drive to "hope" that they will have it.

This is your third topic about having someone make files for you or find them for you. Please keep it to one thread or just bump up the topic you had earlier on this exact same subject.

Why not try to find what you're looking for in a place that actually specializes in WWII props instead of pestering the modelers here? I'm sure if it's such a simple design, you could cram on some Blender tutorials and go to town with it.

Besides that but, who wouldn't want an all metal/steel helmet? You could do any kind of recreation or whatever and not worry about it breaking on you.(they also used helmets for cooking food too)

If you made one, you would have to reinforce the helmet a lot just to come close to the durability of a WWII helmet. Me and my father do WWII re-inacting and those helmets sure can save your head sometimes! :D

But this is your project, we are simply just giving advice.

so when you ever travel to germany, look for ww2 helmets, i know people

who sell them for 5 bucks cuz they`ve got so much of them

:D:D:D

in ebay you could also google for german firefighter helmets (year 1933-45)

they`re exactly the same (just with and leather neck, but its easy to remove)

and they`re cheaper (no replica, the real ones cuz i think they`re taken from

Wehrmacht)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back