Chaos Space Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horgh

Jr Member
Chaos Space Marine Project

I guess it's about time I make this.

I'm embarking on a new and fantastical mission, to make a Chaos Space Marine suit, and thanks to everyone to helped make the space marine peps, I've got more or less everything ready to get me going. Though in true Chaos Space Marine style, I'll steal the armour and corrupt it to make it cooler.

Imma go for the Black Legion colour style:

wewr-2.jpg

Every update I'll just edit this initial post. It'll save you having to trawl through the topic to find the awesome and juicy pictures (of which there will be many).

I'm anticipating the awesomeness of this, and because it's a chaos space marine there's not much of a uniform to follow, so you can crazy with this (lol pun), whereas with halo, iron man and so on there are almost standards and guidelines to stick to. Chaos Space Marines; a spike here, a skull there, anything morbid and dangerous goes.

=================================

Got one of the shoulders done, took me the whole day at work.

shoulda.jpg

I plan on modifying it, putting spikes on it, maybe a few arrows (because they're pointy and thus evil or something)

Helmet worked on, quite proud of it.

helm-1.jpg

I went a bit sneaky with this if I'm honest. I took the pep (well, pdf) of a space marine from Dawn of War, blew it up to a suitable size, then stole some horns from another pep from World of Warcraft (death knight if you must know) and combined the two. They sit equally which is a big relief. I screwed up with some of the gluing as you can see, but when it's all complete no one will notice.

This will be possibly the dullest update ever.

But at least they're done.

arms.jpg

Tomorrow will be chest day, and more importantly, to see if everything sizes up well. Should have done the chest first to be honest (anyone who wants to make a space marine, follow someone who knows what they're doing, like not me)

Tester chest is done, everything is sized up and looking good.

wewr-3.jpg

I'll be redoing it in much thicker paper (300gm) for the final.

lol helmet looks awkward there, fits fine though.

holmot.jpg

DULLPDATE

dull-02.jpg

Other shoulder done, and man that was a dull day.

Working on the final chest though, that should be finished soon. Then I'll be working on the legs, which should be interesting.

Chest is finished, no picture because you know what it looks like D:

Now I'll be designing my armour!

Sup.

Right, I've had a few minutes worth of doodling in photoshop over a screencap of some of the 3d models in pep viewer. These are some of the designs I propose, of course I haven't done the helmet, backpack, legs, thighs or belt/belly yet because I'll be doing those from scratch (minus the helm of course). Although I will have to come up with some kind of design plan for them at some point, I won't bother now.

chest.gif

should1.gif

should2.gif
(legion print, maybe subject to change if I go Word Bearers)

arms-1.gif

I've come up with a slight ponder actually; what will the rest of you lads be doing about the hands? I don't have much of a clue apart from buying some gloves and sticking stuff to them. Any ideas?

farnsworth-1.jpg

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

I've made my very own pep in google sketchup. While I am proud of my handywork, it is pathetic

pep.jpg

Yeah it's rubbish, but it's the mouth grill I added in last night.

mouth.jpg

As you can see it's severely lacking something, like, the grill. This won't be added until after I've resined it, just for stability. Further plans and expansion on the grill are as follows:

head2.jpg

I'll be adding the almost mandatory chaos arrow to the head later on (shown in blue) and the grill will be some kind of grey/metal mesh with wood (or a similar sturdy material) vertical 'guards' (shown in green)

Ooooorrrrrrr...... I have been thinking, because this is chaos, warped by the.. warp, I could add teeth:

head.jpg

gead.jpg

Which would be a feat, but at the same time, potentially awesome. I'll decide at a later stage I think.

Looks good so far. Nice, clean pepping. Don't you think that your helmet is a little too... lo-def? It might turn out to be real pain when it comes to sanding and detailing...

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more of your progress!

P.S. Nice to see a traitor SM. This will probably be my second suit, the one after loyal. ^^

Looks to be a promising build. Are you aware that there is a chaos space marine helm floating around on here? I believe it to be Nintendudes, but I could be wrong...Good luck anyways!

Nintendude does have a Khrone helmet, but it's not like the chaos helmet with horns. Very good build though and are you planning to bondo the helmet after you're done?

Heretics!!! The whole lot of you!!! :p

It's really good to see the Warhammer 40k finally taking off here.

The low def might give you trouble. But it's Chaos which means any modifications are going to look cool no matter what you do!

chwbcc said:
Heretics!!! The whole lot of you!!! :p

It's really good to see the Warhammer 40k finally taking off here.

The low def might give you trouble. But it's Chaos which means any modifications are going to look cool no matter what you do!

u STAND FOR EVERYTHING IM AGAINST ILL DESTROY U CHAOS MARINE LOL JK NICE WORK MAN... BETTER WATCH YOUR BACK :p

Last edited by a moderator:
wuhu lol...

maybe you could cover the shoulder with skin from an imperial...

would look badass (even more when you`ld draw a tatoo on the skin

that shows the skin is from an imperial marine etc. (imperator clean

the universe or smth like that) my friend has this on his character = sweet

think about it...

lolcaps

And yeah, the helm is very low poly, but I'm not done with it yet. I'm going to add the mouth grill in manually as well as a few other things, and in it's final stages bondo the sh** out of it. Also, what's the English equivalent of bondo?

Well done so far Horgh. Any automotive body filler will do.

Can't wait to see more. What's next on the build list?

Next is the breast plate, I'm going to be printing it off tomorrow morning and taking it in with me to work to have all day making it (work at a call centre, nothing else to do with my hands) it'll just be a prototype to see if the sizing has worked, so the paper's not going to be the best.

Update: Arms

Nothing special. As I laboured over these my co-workers stared in mass confusion and awe. 'twas heartening.

Lookin pretty good. I see you are using the Judge's chest file. It's really nice one.

I see, that I need to do some work on my armour too. It's laying forgotten too long. ;p

Horgh said:
updated; test chest, fiddly as hell with that thin paper.

i want to see this chest dude and this build si comeing along nice bu till still own u :pjk your my best friend

Looking good. How well does the head fit in the neck? The photos make it look like the head is too big or the chest too small. But it's looking really really good.

chwbcc said:
Looking good. How well does the head fit in the neck? The photos make it look like the head is too big or the chest too small. But it's looking really really good.

The photo looks a bit awkward doesn't it? But no, it fits fine, almost perfectly, and completely by accident.

holmot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back