Drgnfyre4 Mk Vi Progress Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Painted the shoulder/bicep armor...

shoulders1.jpg

shoulders2.jpg

masterchiefarms.jpg

Did some markings on it loosely inspired by the Halo Legends animation, just to make the armor a bit more personalized. I am going to add a raised relief emblem cast in resin to one of the shoulder pieces later on.

That sir looks fantastic! Nice clean details, they aren't muddled at all! Love what you have done with the biceps/shoulders! Any plans to cast them?

Brandon McClain said:
That sir looks fantastic! Nice clean details, they aren't muddled at all! Love what you have done with the biceps/shoulders! Any plans to cast them?

Thanks, and no, not going to cast this up. This project has been a spare time kinda thing between work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took a few days off from customer work to get some progress made on my chest armor...

chestsanding1.jpg

Slow going, but I am almost halfway done with the chest, then its on to the back!

Drgnfyre4 said:
Took a few days off from customer work to get some progress made on my chest armor...

chestsanding1.jpg

Slow going, but I am almost halfway done with the chest, then its on to the back!

well as I said before great job and :p

and your next project should definately be to join me and my buddy as SM's for D*C come on you know you want too :)

amancue said:
well as I said before great job and :p

and your next project should definately be to join me and my buddy as SM's for D*C come on you know you want too :)

Oh believe me I have been saving all the SM files so when I get the chance I can start working on one. Waaaaaaaaay back in the day over ten years ago I used to have the complete Space Wolves army, and even back then I always wanted a full suit standing in a corner somewhere.

Spartan-124 said:
that is some awesome work man, I like the color, and the scrap marks

Thanks! While I am finishing the smoothing and detailing of the chest/back armor I am giving thought to the battle damage I want to give it.

Finhead said:
Very, very nice. Real sharp and detailed, the standard all should be striving for IMO. :cool

Thanks Finhead! To be honest seeing your work on your Iron Man build keeps me pushing harder than I think I would normaly, in an effort to try and get results like yours!

So I am thinking I am pretty much done sanding and detailing the chest. I figure maybe an hour or so more of clean up and I can throw the base coat of paint on...

chestsanded3.jpg

You need bigger pics. :p I can see you added alot of detail just had to get up and bury my head in my laptop. :eek :cool Looking real good.

Finhead said:
You need bigger pics. :p I can see you added alot of detail just had to get up and bury my head in my laptop. :eek :cool Looking real good.

I need to get my hands on a decent camera...using the digital still feature on my video camera for the time being. I should take a better shot of the neck ring detail...it got washed out in these shots.

Got the paint and weathering on the chest done today plus I thought of my Master Chiefs call number and name As a nod to my favorite film I am going with 101 and adding the name William Candy to my armor...any full blown sci fi nerds care to venture a guess as to the origin of the name and number?

chestpainted1.jpg

csm101.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back