Drgnfyre4 Mk Vi Progress Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drgnfyre4 said:
name William Candy to my armor...any full blown sci fi nerds care to venture a guess as to the origin of the name and number?

"Hi! I'm Chief Master Sergeant William Candy (Arnold schwarzenegger with a texan accent)" Hooray for Terminator 3 easter eggs!

What about this?

"I don't know about that accent..."

"We can fix it."

Anyway, epic pose. Looks awesome! Now I just need to get off my hind end and work on my armor. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
testfit1.jpg

The parts fit you so well. I love the paint job and battle damage especially the scratch on the left (your right) of the pectoral area. Great job

Every time you make an update, I see exactly what I expect to see.

Still, on each visit I'm just blown away by the quality of this suit. Simply amazing.

Thanks guys! If I get caught up on customer work this weekend I will start on making my molds for the belly and back latex parts. Might tackle a nice latex neck seal as well. Would give me a welcome break from sanding and primering.lol

Drgnfyre4 said:
Thanks guys! If I get caught up on customer work this weekend I will start on making my molds for the belly and back latex parts. Might tackle a nice latex neck seal as well. Would give me a welcome break from sanding and primering.lol

VERY good! You may have gone a wee bit heavy on the post-shading, but that's really just my personal opinion. This is looking very clean!

Boba Fett said:
VERY good! You may have gone a wee bit heavy on the post-shading, but that's really just my personal opinion. This is looking very clean!

Thanks Boba,

I tend to try to be a little heavy on shading and weathering because one thing I have learned over the years, convention lighting coupled with flash photography tends to wash a lot out. My crappy digital still in apartment lighting does make it look very heavy on the shadows, but I think once its under harsher lighting it will even out.

Been a while since I have had free time to work on this...I now haz codpiece!
It came out a bit warped but I know I can fix that.
codpep.jpg

Thanks Amancue, I really want it done for SDCC but I am swamped with other peoples costumes right now, I think at best I will have it done for DC.

finally got a break from customer work that had to be done in time for Dragoncon. Took the weekend to make another part for my own armor. Used some styrene to make a master for the belt pouch. This was done using the pep parts as a guide and styrene was glued sanded and puttied to make a nice smooth mold master. This will go under silicone later tonight so I can make two nice resin cast ones for my suit.
beltpouchmaster.jpg

One word! "WOW"

I love the paint work you did on the chest piece! Looks FANTASTIC.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back