Drgnfyre4 Mk Vi Progress Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're so talented man. :)

I love the Mark VI and the SPAWN!

Thanks Stealth! The kind words definetly help to keep me inspired. Been working on this off and on for so long I sometimes worry that the outfit itself will no longer be very relevant to wear once its finally done.

Like Stealth said, you are VERY talented! Can't wait to see M0AR!

BTW, if my memory is correct, didn't you say you were working on a Halo Reach undersuit?

Sorry if I'm thinking of the wrong thing. XD

Like Stealth said, you are VERY talented! Can't wait to see M0AR!

BTW, if my memory is correct, didn't you say you were working on a Halo Reach undersuit?

Sorry if I'm thinking of the wrong thing. XD
Thank you Taylor. The undersuit I am doing is for the MK VI armor actualy.

test fitting the parts I have done so far. undersuit belly is in place, sorry the pics were too dark to see a lot of the detail. I will try to get better pics maybe this weekend. Just a bit more to go and I will be ready for San Diego Comicon.
masterchief1.jpg

masterchief2.jpg

That looks great! Everything looks very well proportioned to your body. Nice one!

WoW, That suit fits you like a glove, make you look like a bad ass spartan. I always watch your thread im very impressed how its turning out. I know the pic is dark but from your previous pics we know how much time and detail work you have in it, can't wait to see the final project keep up the great job

Thanks guys, I have a few more parts to finish, but I am more and more excited about getting to wear this with each passing day. This test run really showed me some areas that need readjusting so they will sit well when moving around at a convention for long periods of time.

Great work!

I find the "ride height" of the cod-piece is critical for long term comfort when walking. The higher up you can get it, while ensuring it still looks good, the better. I had been experiencing some "chaffing" and was about to start trimming. But for my most recent trooping event I pulled it up an inch and that completely solved the problem.

But your torso undersuit may be your best achievement, so it'd be a shame to cover too much of it with the cod.

Great work!

I find the "ride height" of the cod-piece is critical for long term comfort when walking. The higher up you can get it, while ensuring it still looks good, the better. I had been experiencing some "chaffing" and was about to start trimming. But for my most recent trooping event I pulled it up an inch and that completely solved the problem.

But your torso undersuit may be your best achievement, so it'd be a shame to cover too much of it with the cod.

I am going to be bringing the whole belt and cod section up about an inch and securing it in places with marine velcro not only to assist with ease of walking but to also help with the proportion of the whole upper torso. I know what you mean about the chaffing, right now I walk a bit stiff because the cod is riding low and preventing me from easily moving my legs forward. Small tweaks here and there go a long way. lol

... but to also help with the proportion of the whole upper torso ...

Yes, I was amazed at how much placing the cod properly has improved the entire look of the costume. It's sometimes hard to remember that the Master Chief isn't anatomically correct, and we have to make adjustments for that.

Definitely one of the best suits on here! The quality of the finish pre and post paint is just phenomenal. For some reason, I'm really liking the white stripes you painted on the shoulder and thigh pieces. I was going to do something similar, but I just simply forgot to! :)

Really great to see the suit all together, can't wait to see it 100% finished with some clearer photos to really get a good look at it.

Definitely one of the best suits on here! The quality of the finish pre and post paint is just phenomenal. For some reason, I'm really liking the white stripes you painted on the shoulder and thigh pieces. I was going to do something similar, but I just simply forgot to! :)

Really great to see the suit all together, can't wait to see it 100% finished with some clearer photos to really get a good look at it.

Thanks! Thats quite a compliment! I hope to have the boots done sometime in the coming week, and more undersuit pieces.

This is amazing!!!!!!! How did you do the paint, i mean that as how u got the paint to look like that , with the parts of silver like that? it looks great, keep it up!!

This is amazing!!!!!!! How did you do the paint, i mean that as how u got the paint to look like that , with the parts of silver like that? it looks great, keep it up!!

After priming the piece I base coat it in silver. I mask the areas I want the silver to show thru using slipcast latex, I then paint the green, then airbrush some black over the masked areas, and then remove the latex.

I'm not sure how long the Elite Section is sticking around for, there may be plans to do away with it or change it up...
But until it's gone I'm moving this project into Elite.

Love this build Drgnfyre4! The attention to detail is excellent, and the proportions/ scaling looks spot-on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back