Noble Six Helmet Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the start of my Noble Six helmet clay build. First I want to give credit to Backbone for coming up with this idea of pouring clay into a pep model.

So I started off by building rundown's pep model. going off of backbone's idea i started filling the pep model with Chavant NSP Medium clay, but im cheap

and didnt want to buy 20lbs of clay to fill the entire helmet, so I bought 12lbs and started melting it down one pound at a time and filling the helmet in layers

and after pouring in 11 lbs worth of clay I had a good inch to inch and a half layer inside which turned out way stronger than I thought it would.

so now im starting the carving process and thanks to fixing the warps and bends Before I poured the clay in I dont have a lot of extra work to do or fixing to do.

I will update as progress comes

Enjoy :D

Pep Model Built

IMG_0444.jpg

Clay poured inside

IMG_0447.jpg

Getting ready to take the paper off

IMG_0449.jpg

Paper off

IMG_04510.jpg

Carving in progress

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

Wow. It's really not bad. Not bad at all. Very good actually. I love this technique. Keep it up, I can't wait to see the final!

Oh wow thats pretty cool. If i ever get into molding I'll have to try that it seems relatively simple compared to other methods i've seen. Like dripping pouring rubber on the outside. How did you melt the clay?

Trigger said:
Oh wow thats pretty cool. If i ever get into molding I'll have to try that it seems relatively simple compared to other methods i've seen. Like dripping pouring rubber on the outside. How did you melt the clay?

Just picked up a cheap pot from a yard sale and sliced the clay up into little cubes on the stove.

Last edited by a moderator:
Granted, the Noble Six helm is quite impressive, but does anyone know what's happenin with all the other models???? I think i speak for everyone when i say im itching to make a full suit of Reach Mark V.

KevlarSpartan said:
Granted, the Noble Six helm is quite impressive, but does anyone know what's happenin with all the other models???? I think i speak for everyone when i say im itching to make a full suit of Reach Mark V.

i have Junes helm covered.

This looks awesoem, great idea for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted to put a quick update on. working in clay is easier than i thought it would be pretty relaxing to do, plus its a nice break away from the

bondo dust that im used to haha, well anyways ive been working and smoothing the helmet and taking the warps out and the hardest part getting it symetrical

but so far so good, im going to start more details in the next couple days. but if anyone sees something i should add or adjust or whatever let me know.

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

i think this should be stickied as "tutorial , easy way to make a clay helmet"

this is bookmarked i love it and will use this in future , i love this idea ;)

That sir is a genius idea!!!! Glad to see someone else get some serious work done on the helm!! Love how clean the clay is looking. There are soooo many details not in the pep, but it makes for a great base to start from, I am really looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

Hey thanks everyone for the comments! I hope others will use this idea too, its such a great way to do a clay build and really make it your own.

I will keep posing pics so everyone can see the steps and i do plan to mold an cast, so ill show those steps too

haha and yeah i didn't notice the evil cat in the background untill just the other day lol

great idea ! much easier and less mess at the garage.. haha .. do post updates ..i will keep an eye on this one ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back