How To Make A Helmet From Pep To Finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question, in the rondo part of the vid, you say you mix bondo and resin, and I need a little more specifics.... I bought bondo fiberglass resin and bondo professional gold premium body filler....is that what you used? if it isnt... what do I use, or will this work the same

Correct on resin, but I use regular bondo not gold.

Hey Ben. I was wondering, Can you cast a chest piece in Flexfoam that bends easy but keeps it shape?
I'm making a Piece that needs to let me move a bit.

I just started using Rondo. I cant beleive i never thought of mixing Bondo and resin. its the most epic thing ever! it makes things so much more easy! haha

Hey Ben. I was wondering, Can you cast a chest piece in Flexfoam that bends easy but keeps it shape?
I'm making a Piece that needs to let me move a bit.
yes you can, I've actually been experimenting with a combonationation of rubbers and flex foam to make such a part.

it depend on your application, but there is no question that fiberglass is stronger psi (per square inch). you would need about 3 times the volume of rondo to 1 layer of fiber glass mat (not cloth). It's about the same strength as fiber glass clothe

Mat, eh?

it depend on your application, but there is no question that fiberglass is stronger psi (per square inch). you would need about 3 times the volume of rondo to 1 layer of fiber glass mat (not cloth). It's about the same strength as fiber glass clothe

So it sounds like you prefer fiberglass matte, eh?

I put in about three hours re-reading threads here the other day... and I came away with the impression that for something that has a lot of corner and folds, fiberglass cloth would be better, because the matte doesn't bend itself as easily? I'm imagining myself trying to get it into all the nooks and crannies inside the various War Machine armor parts.

And I was just about to go out and buy some fiber cloth today, but I'll hold off for now. Got lots of resin work to do first anyways.

I put in about three hours re-reading threads here the other day... and I came away with the impression that for something that has a lot of corner and folds, fiberglass cloth would be better, because the matte doesn't bend itself as easily? I'm imagining myself trying to get it into all the nooks and crannies inside the various War Machine armor parts.

And I was just about to go out and buy some fiber cloth today, but I'll hold off for now. Got lots of resin work to do first anyways.
When it comes to small parts that are hard to get Fiberglass in I just fill it in with resin or bondo. Saves cloth an its still strong.

nope I like whatever takes the least amount of effort/money which tends to be rondo. However that wasn't his question and will always answer a direct question with a direct answer ;p

Hey Ben, I was browsing the 3D pep request thread and was hoping you might still have the pdo files for the Zelda shield and sword? Also, if you get a chance could you list the other files you have to see if you have any that are on my list because it's been very difficult tracking down most of the projects I want to tackle. Thank you so so much

Would it be too much to ask if you upload most of what you have? I don't want to come off sounding greedy it's just really difficult to find any pep file other then a halo file.

hey i know this is a thread about bondoing helmets, but do any of you guys have any idea how to attatch a shoulder piece to someone? i've tried elastic with good results, but at times it slips, and i was wondering is there a better method?

hey i know this is a thread about bondoing helmets, but do any of you guys have any idea how to attatch a shoulder piece to someone? i've tried elastic with good results, but at times it slips, and i was wondering is there a better method?

mark vi shoulder piece?
if so.. for mine i attached mine together (adams original suit does this also, thumbs up adam for that tip :p)
if you attach it at the top of the shoulder piece to the other shoulder piece at the same area then put them on like a backpack it holds them perfectly :)

if odst or anything else.. i have no idea haha

nat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back