Rhinoc's Halo Reach File Base

What should be made next?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow these files are good.

HaloGoddess said:
Now would these also be the same shins for Kat? I am hoping to maybe dress up as her for the release, but I still have NO clue what to do about that prosthetic arm! XD

the chest and backpack of the armor might be big enough for you to put your arm behind your back.

Last edited by a moderator:
HaloGoddess said:
Now would these also be the same shins for Kat?

sorry it took so long to reply to this.

*looks at reference pics* Slight difference, curves out at the bottom (as in the front, near the toe), an knee cap is smaller.

EDIT: coming from you Forged that is a HUGE compliment! thank you! I think that shoulder promoted me to Vet. I dunno

It has been MODELED :) (forearm)

Screenshot2010-03-04at54637PM.png

unfold will be tomorrow!

You should try to get less trianlges.

Every modeler hates to get it :/ First make a model in diffrent objects and then join them with bolean join afterwards.

So you have smoother surfaces. So it wouldnt make a problem to pep.

rundown said:
You should try to get less trianlges.

Every modeler hates to get it :/ First make a model in diffrent objects and then join them with bolean join afterwards.

So you have smoother surfaces. So it wouldnt make a problem to pep.

What is the problem with triangles? I have seen that people don't like them, but I never figured out why. It's not like a surface would be any flatter if made up by quads than tris, while tris have the advantage of always being planar so they won't bend.

example1.png

Here is what i mean with it can be cleaner...

The left is decent and will appear in pepakura as 1 face.

The right one is messy and has traingles. Wich would split it in pepakura. You cant print it out in 1 piece.

In 3d rendering it makes smoothed places look wierd to. Thats wy almost every modeler hates it.

Those triangles appeared because of where I put the light, when I put it in pep it looks completely fine in those areas! Just wanted to say.

PS: your slightly jacking my thread. its OK but Cant you send a PM to me about this stuff?

Edit: I also think that it makes it easier with the triangles because it makes more areas to cut and have small pieces instead of having one big piece that covers 2 pages. Just my thought

@ Rhinoc- Its a 3d model thread. The reason rundown posted in the thread was A: to give you some useful advice that you can build on and B: so that others who are looking at your thread thinking about getting into modelling can learn as well. If he were to talk about the new modelhe is releaseing or about something else entirely, it would be a thread jack. As it stands it is an excellent contribution to the thread, especially considering the nature of the source, he is one of the sites top modellers. Just my two bits.

A side note, if it is showing triangles in your lighting and not in the pep, it is most likely that the triangles do exist, just that the threshold in pep is low enough that you don't easily see it.

Brandon McClain said:
@ Rhinoc- Its a 3d model thread. The reason rundown posted in the thread was A: to give you some useful advice that you can build on and B: so that others who are looking at your thread thinking about getting into modelling can learn as well. If he were to talk about the new modelhe is releaseing or about something else entirely, it would be a thread jack. As it stands it is an excellent contribution to the thread, especially considering the nature of the source, he is one of the sites top modellers. Just my two bits.

A side note, if it is showing triangles in your lighting and not in the pep, it is most likely that the triangles do exist, just that the threshold in pep is low enough that you don't easily see it.

Sorry... I'm kinda still getting used to the site :eek to my eyes and from what I've seen with others jacking threads it seemed like he was jacking it. I now understand what it will mean and what to look out for when ppl jack other threads and mine. and I totally agree, I see it as an honor to have Rundown posting on my thread. You to Brandon! Your work is awesome! nwo to get Adam to post on my thread! MHUUUHAAHAAHAAA

Also I had the threshold up to about 178 and only a few showed up. in turn I will probably make this a smooth and easy build!

bobbio555- This may seem like a really weird question... BUT... with some of my models (i'll still release my version) could I unfold it then send it to you so you can make more pep friendly? if you dont want to I totally understand.

rundown- If you could do you think you could post up some Blender tutorials? like here and on Youtube. I think me and others will think that would be awesome!

Rhinoc said:
@bobbio555- This may seem like a really weird question... BUT... with some of my models (i'll still release my version) could I unfold it then send it to you so you can make more pep friendly? if you dont want to I totally understand.

No problem at all. All in all the shin took me maybe 30-45 mins, so not really a big deal. Always glad to contribute something. :)

I would just like to say thanks to EVERYONE working so hard on these files! There are MANY quiet members and fans who appreciate all your work.

Rhinoc, Love the shins:

for those about to pep the shin (we salute you!)

I suggest a height of 465mm ( I am 6'1" with size 12 feet, so I have to make sure the peps have a large enough opening for my feet to fit through)

Just downloaded the shoulders, hope to get them started soon.

Keep it up!

Sorry I haven't updated with a finished gauntlet and I probably wont for a while.

I thought I'd post it here because I dont want to make a new thread,

I'm taking a break for a while, on 3d modeling, my ODST build, 405th, dont fret I will be back... I just am going through a lot right now both at home and school.

For now, Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back