First Armor Wip Mark Vi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time is running out but I have more progress!

The helmet is finished! All padded up with a fan inside and ready to go!
Aug019z.jpg

Aug022z.jpg

Aug020z.jpg

Theres just one tiny little imperfection thats bothering me right now which is a mistake when I was dremeling out the old visor.

Aug021z.jpg

Is there anyway to buff out that scratch so its a gold mirror look like the rest of it? Its not a deep scratch, I can barley feel it where I ran my finger over it, but the mirror look is gone where it is.

I also modded the thighs one last time for the sake of comfort, kills some of the accuracy but now stairs wont hurt anymore xD

Aug023z.jpg

I'll have more progress tomorrow as I Great Stuff the inside of the chest armor, yeah I bought more of the stuff (Padding costs at Jo Ann Fabrics was ridiculous), and the shins are done I just forgot to take a picture of them I'll do it next update.

Edit: After some sleep and this thread: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31352-Visor-Install-amp-Detail-Tutorial I was able to fix that problem with the cut out visor. Etched a design on both sides, now the imperfection is gone and my helmet has more character lol

Aug024z.jpg

Okay its the day before Dragoncon and I'm happy to say that my test fitting went well with no problems! Also I guess its safe to say the armor is 100% complete. Maybe I'll add some LED lights on the chest and other parts for Halloween. I'm quite happy with the updates I did to it, the helmet has a more serious look with the visor gap removed and double visor. Padding also helped with the positioning of the chest and having the toe caps done on the boots really finishes the look.

PIC004z.jpg

PIC005z.jpg

PIC008z.jpg

PIC002z.jpg

See you guys at Dragoncon 2011! Bringing the Mark VI on Saturday and Sunday

Looks really good, and your fix for your visor turned out really good, If you didn't say anything had happened to it, I would never have caught it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back