Stealth's Mark Vi Mjolnir Armor Build - Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealth

Hey Everyone.

I have planned on building the Mark VI Armor.

FILES CAN BE FOUND HERE

Thanks to SoullessSin.

I began building a version of this armor last March of 09' with some very good progress from what I had.

I completed the Helmet, Torso and a custom sculpted shoulder/bicep

here's a pic of what I had at the time ( First Pep Project -March 09)

DSC02822.jpg
DSC02999.jpg

I unfortunately lost interest in it and this project was brought to a stand still. I ended up selling the parts

I regretted selling the parts down the road.

I know Mark VI isn't the hottest build to do right now, but it will always look very heroic to me and I always wanted this suit to have.

This is a redemption build for me and I wanted to start fresh. Maybe it was a sign to create a more cleaner,detailed and all around better version

of the suit

This build with hopefully prove that.

I have the entire suit pepped out and built. A few parts will be molded and casted like the shins because they are pretty much symmetrical.

I've also used a lil' ingenuity to make the boot symmetrical as well by pepping half of the right boot and half of the left boot and merging them together.

Doing this will save me some time in the end.

The outside will be strengthened with Aqua-resin due to it being winter and I'm pretty much fed up with the hassle and would rather just strengthen my parts indoors and not have to worry. A local sculpture supply store carries it and this is good because they can't ship this item in the winter because it may crystallize.

The inside will be strengthened with Smooth-cast 320.

I want to do a custom paint job this time around. I want to go for a Gunmetal base color. I want a dark color but not too dark that it takes away from the details. I possibly will add the white accent details similar to the master chief version in Halo legends. With my own Number of choice instead of 117.

Also would like to use a silver reflective dual visor so that it goes well with the paint scheme

wish me luck :)

Helmet - Strengthend the inside with Smooth-cast 320. Visor has been installed temporarily. I'm going to be measure and cut some pieces to fill the gaps with cardstock then strengthening that part. This will save some trouble using bondo to fill the gaps.

DSC04261.jpg

DSC04253.jpg

Torso

DSC04268.jpg

DSC04267.jpg

Gauntlets -They were a Perfect length for my forearm but I had to cut a seam in the back to allow for my wrist to fit through. Once resined this will secure the seam that was filled with cardstock. I always use cardstock to modify my pepped pieces to make them work for me.

DSC04273.jpg

DSC04272-1.jpg

Modified Boot - Symmetrical (will be molded and casted into 2)

DSC04275.jpg

DSC04274.jpg

Cod/buttplate

DSC04277.jpg

DSC04278.jpg

Thighs

DSC04280.jpg

Shoulder/Bicep

DSC04281.jpg

Shin- (Will be molded and casted into 2)

DSC04282.jpg

DSC04283.jpg

Credit goes to:

Flying Squirrel

Robogenesis

Crackhead

MrOreo

Ral Partha

Thanks for the terrific models and unfolds

keep checking back for more updates.

Looking great bud! Everything is coming out clean and smooth... and this build will probably look better than your last MVI.

Awesome work! :)

This looks like a very promising build STEALTH, the peping is fantastic too. I like your use of ingenuity on the boots too, cool idea :) Looking forward to more updates!

I've noticed that not many people on this forum actually do their multiplayer armour. It would be great to see a custom armour every now and then. But this build looks very promising.

Fantastic work on your suit! Do you have a color picked out? (Or just MC green?) Nice to see a W.I.P. thread where there is plent of progress!

Cheers!

Sniperbaas392 said:
Fantastic work on your suit! Do you have a color picked out? (Or just MC green?) Nice to see a W.I.P. thread where there is plent of progress!

Cheers!

Thanks man

I want to go for a Gunmetal base color and add the white accent details similar to the master chief version in Halo legends. With my own Number of choice instead of 117.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't want to neglect my Mark VI suit

so I got around to resining the torso

Going to glass the inside when I have some time.

Note: I use a different Resin than most people. That's why is has a different look on the pepped parts than the traditional polyester resin method.)

DSC04348.jpg

DSC04349.jpg

^^ Agreed...

WOW! This is looking really good, and if the way I see things work around here applies to you as well: your second time working on this will be even better than the first. (which was amazing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back