Brothers Darkness Unfolding Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny Nny

Okay folks, it seems like I've been getting several requests for doing smooth and organized unfolds. (After starting off with Raziel1981's models)

If you have an obj or pdo file that you want me to unfold. Post here instead of PMing me. But read the rules first.

I'll be posting the files here as a central area when I get permission from the model maker (if you're not the original).

Mind you, I'm not a psychotically quick unfolder, but what I do is efficient in the long run for the builder.

After my first day of doing unfold request for random people. I have decided to make up some rules if you wanna request something:

1. Know the scale you want me to unfold it at, unless it already is unfolded and you want it redone at that scale, and just post it with the request.

2. Always check the first post after a couple hours if I haven't PM'd you to let you know it's done. And yes, I said a couple of hours.

3. If I cannot get permission from the modeler I will not be posting it in the main thread, and will only pm you the files. And unless you get permission, DO NOT post the files in your own thread.

Thank you :D

**************FINISHED**************

th_MarkIV.png

Rundown's Halo Wars Mark IV

(Now smooth and about 5 pages less)

th_BigDaddyDrill.png

Deadalus Thron's Big Daddy Drill Bit

th_DrillHandle.png

BioShock 2 Drill Handle for SIT by Deadalus Thron

th_Zero.png

JTM1997's Zero Anime Helmet

th_HDMarkVIShoulder.png

Mark VI Left Shoulder by Robogenisis Re-Unfold

Mark VI Right Shoulder by Robogenisis Re-Unfold

th_N7.png

Mass Effect 2 N7 Helm by Deadalus Thron + Belakor Just helmet

th_N7Faceplate.png

Mass Effect 2 N7 Faceplate by Deadalus Thron + Belakor Just faceplate

th_N7Combined.png

Mass Effect 2 N7 Helm combined with faceplate by Deadalus Thron + Belakor

th_IchigoMask.png

Ichigo Hollow Mask By North_Star

th_Hazop.png

Halo Reach Hazop v2 by TorsoBoy

IronMan Files Done for Finhead are waiting on permission before posting. But trust me, they're done.

************BEING WORKED ON***************

Rhinoc's HD ODST Helm

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, you've created your unfolding thread :D might as well go in here if i need some obj files to be unfolded... lols

Hahaha or you could always post them in your thread, or just link me.

I've got a watch on both threads now.

Bahahahahahahahahahaha <<<< maniacal laugh.

It's thanks to you after all that I started doing these things.

I just realized I should edit my sig to show my thread.

>.> *goes to do so*

I think we're gonna be stuck in an endless loop thanking each other. Either way, it's awesomesauce.

tumbucu said:
hey there brother do you think you can take a crack at this one please thank you aloha http://www.4shared.com/file/226113230/17c66887/Braireos_Helm_Final-rough.html?s=1

O: <<<< My jaw hitting the floor after I opened a 10 mb pdo.

Is there a specific scale you were looking for?

*Edit: Tumbucu, this is going to have to wait until I can get my desktop up and running, I don't have nearly enough RAM for my laptop to handle this file. As soon as I got that up and running, I'll start on it.

The biggest problem with this file is that it has a whooole lot of polygons, like way more than I've seen on anything previously. It's sexy and really high-definition, but it might be a pain in the rear to build in the long run. I'll do it, it will just have to be on the back burner for now.

Any chance you would want to take a stab at the lower sections of Ironman? I'm refering to Clarx's files Here I would love to continue on with my build and these seem like the nicest out there right now. If you think you want to do them can you start with the COD and down first? This would be awesome cause your unfolds are super clean. :cool

Finhead said:
Any chance you would want to take a stab at the lower sections of Ironman? I'm refering to Clarx's files Here I would love to continue on with my build and these seem like the nicest out there right now. If you think you want to do them can you start with the COD and down first? This would be awesome cause your unfolds are super clean. :cool

Edit: same questions minus the last one :D

S.I.T said:
hey i was woundering if you could take a shot at this please and thank you

Just got a couple questions, will they scale the same? If so, what scale? And finally, are they your files? :D

Brothers Darkness said:

Just got a couple questions, will they scale the same? If so, what scale? And finally, are they your files? :D

i got it from dylanmyrax's bioshock 2 armor thread i dont know the scale for it

Looks like I've got a another favorite unfolder around... :p

Seriously though, it's nice to see another member whose willing to unfold some of these great pep models... and on par with MrOreo, Ral Partha, and others.

Been looking for a smoother version of the Halo Wars helmet... Thanks for doing this! :)

pooper said:
Looks like I've got a another favorite unfolder around... :p

Seriously though, it's nice to see another member whose willing to unfold some of these great pep models... and on par with MrOreo, Ral Partha, and others.

Been looking for a smoother version of the Halo Wars helmet... Thanks for doing this! :)

Means a lot comin' from you Pooper, I've admired your stuff since I got on here, your builds are always awesome, and I hope my work helps you out.

S.I.T said:
i got it from dylanmyrax's bioshock 2 armor thread i dont know the scale for it

I'll take a look and see what they're doing over there and get back to you later today :D the handle looks a little crazy but doable, and the drill looks like cake. But always remember, the cake is a lie.

Brothers Darkness said:

I have no idea about the scale I was just going to play around with it after I got a unfold. Maybe I'll look into another file. Thanks

Finhead said:
I have no idea about the scale I was just going to play around with it after I got a unfold. Maybe I'll look into another file. Thanks

Baha, alrighty, ignore the PM then :p I'm currently doing it to my measurements (which are a bit wider than normal.

The pieces should fit together without any alteration, with the 'blunt' end of the handle joining onto the base of the drill bit neatly.

On the handle, you've got the four wirey pieces coming quite far out, and some rings with these four wires as points on the circumference, should be wide enough to allow a forearm with padding, to fit through.

They're direct extracts from my Bioshock 2 files, and I've found that some of the scaling for the static meshes (i.e the drill bit) are 10x the size they should be, whilst the skeletal mesh files (i.e. the handle) seem much closer to 'real-life'.

I might also have a look at the Braireos helm if you need some help with computing power - my i7 920, GTX 285, 6gb ddr3, etc rig is going to waste, just modelling molecules, and writing lab reports.

CaptainImpactor said:
The pieces should fit together without any alteration, with the 'blunt' end of the handle joining onto the base of the drill bit neatly.

On the handle, you've got the four wirey pieces coming quite far out, and some rings with these four wires as points on the circumference, should be wide enough to allow a forearm with padding, to fit through.

They're direct extracts from my Bioshock 2 files, and I've found that some of the scaling for the static meshes (i.e the drill bit) are 10x the size they should be, whilst the skeletal mesh files (i.e. the handle) seem much closer to 'real-life'.

I might also have a look at the Braireos helm if you need some help with computing power - my i7 920, GTX 285, 6gb ddr3, etc rig is going to waste, just modelling molecules, and writing lab reports.

If you could take a look at that file, that thing kills my laptop, which is just a basic core2.

But the scale I'm talking about, would be the size in general, like gimme a size for the drill bit and I can translate that to the handle

I was going to look into adjusting that Braireos head and cannot output to 3d. It appears to have been created in Google Sketchup which means this is going to be a bear of a file to unfold given all the internal material and folds, not to mention that center monocle eye sticks back into the wearers face. Maybe someone can either output it to *.obj, find the original model or something.

Thats part of the reason I feel it was created in Sketchup which likes to create alot of solids and the polys are all mesh-smoothed into greater volume with the detailing done by attaching extra parts that will make the unfold (if I understand the process correctly) into a bear of a job with no chance of getting clean attachments. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The file needs to be converted to OBJ or 3DS format for cleanup certainly. I for one would like to get it just for my fan work. I've been a fan of the series since the original. However a rez of this for me would be ridiculous as I'm too short :p

BTW, if anyone wants really good ref images of both Briareos and Deunan Knute ESWAT Armor, let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back