Cerberus: The Hound Of Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheHow7zer's WIP thread + Fan-film progress

Hey there 405th!

I have recently restarted work on my armour project; a mongrel spartan. Here are some pics of my most recent progress.
40995_461416435750_692610750_6802692_4493702_n.jpg

gallery_17512_1606_1846339.jpg
The ugly looking helmet on the left was my sad attempt at a homegrown cardboard EOD helmet, buuut it just didn't look right. So I pepped up the one on the right, now I can really see the difference.

So,

This armour I am building will (hopefully) appear in a couple of short films that a couple of friends and I are working on. The story will follow a certain Spartan (name is yet to be determined) III that has gone crazy. And when I say crazy, I mean berzerk. He goes so far as killing all the other members in his squad before dissapearing near the Damascus testing facility on Chi Ceti IV. ONI brass has sent out their top men to repossess thier failed Spartan to no avail, he can't be found. No information has been found as to the reason for Cerberus' madness (Cerberus was a nickname given to him by other Spartan candidates during training), although it has been speculated that it may have something to do with the experimental AI that was installed into his dually experimental armour.

It [will] most resembles the EOD variant of the Mark VI armour, but with a couple of differences:

*torso resembles the old Mark IV variant

*shoulder armour consists of a broken peice of an Elites power armour, and the Mark IV variant

*shin armour resembles an ODST's

*boots are of an old variant used by Spartan III's on Reach

Cerberus' armour has been retrofitted to support an AI as well as superior armour strength and shielding while still retaining viable stealth capabilities. His armour has also been painted dead black as a personal preference, saying that he "wouldn't want to be seen if active camouflage failed during battle."

looks pretty good, nice pepping and a good idea.Hope you build it, and it comes out how you want.

But to be a grammer nazi for a second.

The ugly looking helmet on the rightleft was my sad attempt at a homegrown cardboard EOD helet, buuut it just didn't look right. So I pepped up the one on the right, now I can really see the difference.

Or you have two rights, and need to go on tour to make some extra cash. :p

A_Guardian said:
looks pretty good, nice pepping and a good idea.Hope you build it, and it comes out how you want.

But to be a grammer nazi for a second.

The ugly looking helmet on the rightleft was my sad attempt at a homegrown cardboard EOD helet, buuut it just didn't look right. So I pepped up the one on the right, now I can really see the difference.

Or you have two rights, and need to go on tour to make some extra cash. :p

*Fixed*

Thanks dude, you really are a_guardian! :p

sorry, couldn't help my self. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
charlieiscool12 said:
i like it! looks like you used normal paper. for better results and less warping, try card stock.

Yeah, I don't have the blessings of a printer that can handle cardstock, so I'm left with 90 pound. Tis not to bad though, works for what I need it for.

TheHow7zer said:
*Fixed*

Thanks dude, you really are a_guardian! :p

sorry, couldn't help my self. Thanks again.

No prob, im here to help.

*strikes super hero pose and jumps off a roof.*

*forgets he cant fly and falls three story's onto a car.*

Owwwwwwwwww....

A_Guardian said:
No prob, im here to help.

*strikes super hero pose and jumps off a roof.*

*forgets he cant fly and falls three story's onto a car.*

Owwwwwwwwww....

Here's to hoping you were wearing Mjolner to cushion that Fall, I'd hate to Reach all the way down to pick you up.

"Cause I don't do bits an' peices."

TheHow7zer said:
Yeah, I don't have the blessings of a printer that can handle cardstock, so I'm left with 9 pound. Tis not to bad though, works for what I need it for.

i agree... its one of the better normal paper peps ive seen

charlieiscool12 said:
i agree... its one of the better normal paper peps ive seen

Yeah, its not perfect but it does its job. I still wish I had thicker stuff to work with.

not to sound negative but RvB did something REALY similar to that. If you can pull off a live action thing that'd be pretty sweet but its a pretty worn out subject. thats just my oppinion though. best of luck to you. :)

Sgt Whoopass said:
not to sound negative but RvB did something REALY similar to that. If you can pull off a live action thing that'd be pretty sweet but its a pretty worn out subject. thats just my oppinion though. best of luck to you. :)

I know what you mean (the Meta), but this is a lot different in story and its not a worn out subject.

Update time!

Just thought I'd go and let everyone know that I finally have Agbates Mark IV chest armour printed off. Now its just a matter of time before its all pepped out!

Alright 405th! It's about time for another update.

I have a bit of progress on Agbate's HD Mark IV chest piece, and wow, it is crazy!
45612_461416525750_692610750_6802696_7415718_n.jpg

What you see is what you get. The armour is not yet connected in the back, so don't worry. You're not missing out on any epic-ness.
45612_461416530750_692610750_6802697_3076062_n.jpg

Next step,

Get it all connected and work in the rest of the detail.

Also, in other news:

I got my girlfriend interested in my film project and convinced her to make a Halo suit as well.

So far we only have a CQB helmet (pepped) to show for it, with a torso on the way.

Pics as soon as she can send them to me, and Halogoddess's female Mark VI variant parts will be used.

Enjoy your evening (or whatever! lol)

Hey, got some new updates on some more armour!

The GF's CQB helmet:
45654_461416080750_692610750_6802671_8125321_n.jpg

ignore the flash ^^
photo.php
45654_461416090750_692610750_6802673_2329923_n.jpg

gallery_17512_1606_8478.jpg
And the new work I got done on the Mark IV chest...
(file lost to time)
will be updated later when I find a camera with batteries. lol

The story itself sounds rather interesting. I particularly like the mix'n'match missing Spartan with the Elite armour piece.

Jedi Spartan said:
The story itself sounds rather interesting. I particularly like the mix'n'match missing Spartan with the Elite armour piece.

Yeah, I have always wondered why none of the marines/Spartans in any of the fiction jump at the chance to collect the far superior Covanent armour. Untill I learned more about Emile, turns out that is exactly what he does. This, in turn, prompted me to do (almost) the same thing witg my Spartan.

Alright 405th, I need your help with the script I am writing for this film.

As the story goes, a certian UNSC Spartan get captured (somehow) by the inssurectionists and is interrogated by them. My problem is that I need the Spartan to be able to speak (mostly) freely about the info that the rebels are trying to glean from him. But, as a loyal UNSC Spartan he would need an incentive to give up this secret info.

I have spent the last couple of days brainstorming but couldn't come up with anything beleivable.

Do any of you have any ideas to help out? I can't move on with the script untill I pass this stumbling block.

(btw, in this fiction: 49 years have passed since the Master Chief dissapeared,

the Covenant has left humanity alone [supposedly], the rebels have fought the UNSC back towards the inner colonies, UNSC is running out of resources, and possibility of a Flood resurgence.)

Thanks for helping out! ^^

Sorry for the double post, but I am really stuck! I need to get this fiction obstacle out of my way before I can plow through the rest of my script.

Could some of you take some time to comment on any ( no, really. ANY) ideas that might help me out?

TheHow7zer said:
Alright 405th, I need your help with the script I am writing for this film.

As the story goes, a certian UNSC Spartan get captured (somehow) by the inssurectionists and is interrogated by them. My problem is that I need the Spartan to be able to speak (mostly) freely about the info that the rebels are trying to glean from him. But, as a loyal UNSC Spartan he would need an incentive to give up this secret info.

I have spent the last couple of days brainstorming but couldn't come up with anything beleivable.

Do any of you have any ideas to help out? I can't move on with the script untill I pass this stumbling block.

(btw, in this fiction: 49 years have passed since the Master Chief dissapeared,

the Covenant has left humanity alone [supposedly], the rebels have fought the UNSC back towards the inner colonies, UNSC is running out of resources, and possibility of a Flood resurgence.)

Thanks for helping out! ^^

They tell him that they have information regarding a flood attack and how to stop it but they can only do it if they are in charge.

Thought thet real quick. How does it work?

Yeah, I thought about that. But why would the rebels capture a Spartan on a secret Mjolner testing facility instead of capturing a political prisoner who would have more sway. Also, the Spartan III's were made to be more like a fire and forget type of system, more disposable than your normal Spartan. Besides, if the UNSC and the Innsurectionists are in a full out war... wait... are you suggesting that the rebels have discovered some sort of immunity to the Flood that can be reproduced to a certain extent? ...and maybe they need the UNSC's science divisions to fully implement their discovery. Maybe a temporary call for alliance is required.

Thanks LT. Ty. I might be able to use that.

But I wouldn't mind if I had a couple of other ideas to throw around as contrast.

Does anyone have any other Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back