Reach Armor By Spartan-029

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your files look really nice, if one wanted to learn how to use Maya, what would be their best starting point? What would you recommend?

i'd probably suggest getting a PLE version and follow the basic tutorials. ONce you know how to delete faces, move, vertices, cut edges and extrude, you can literally model anything

i actually need someone to unfold them actually. haven't been able to get a hold of Jason02 to work on them. i have pepakura but not the purchased version. i may have to look into that if you think it would be more beneficial to you guys.

Hey, so I just finished unfolding the thigh, but I need a password to save it, so would you mind giving me your e-mail, unless you wouldn't mind just giving it to me here? =/

I managed to unfold the gauntlet (great model by the way), but I had to edit the 3d model slightly in order for it to unfold in pep properly. I tried just unfolding the .obj file you've got there, but I was getting some strange geometry. The modification of the model probably won't even be noticable from your .obj file to the finished .pdo since the only modifications I made were where so minor. Since I had to modify the 3D model, I'll wait for your permission to release it, but here's a quick pic of the unfold screen...

gauntletpic.jpg

I also made a lower def size tester using your model as a base, if you'd like that released as well. Let me know.

sure, as long as credit is given i'm cool with that. thanks for the unfold. i got a body armor as well that i've got ready for unfolding. if you're interested.

Hey dude when you gonna release that DMR?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! It looks AWESOME!
Your models look great!

sure, as long as credit is given i'm cool with that. thanks for the unfold. i got a body armor as well that i've got ready for unfolding. if you're interested.

Cool, here are the links...

The gauntlet: http://www.4shared.com/file/xgg3c9Jl/Gauntlet.html
The size tester: http://www.4shared.com/file/lImNP-FL/Gauntlet_Size_Tester.html

I've actually started building this gauntlet, and I will be replacing the gauntlets I have built for my Carter build. They're not too bad as far as high def peps go, so enjoy this one everyone.

Edit: Here's a couple of pics of the first physical model...

DSC04102.jpg

DSC04101.jpg

Not at the moment, but I could after I finish up a few other projects. I just saw the gauntlet, and that it was by far the most accurate one I've seen, and thought it would be great for my Carter build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back