Official Halo Reach Beta Reference Thread (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForgedReclaimer

sorry, no new reach content to grab here yet.

Commandeering this thread

i was thinking there should be a thread for this, to help the modelers in the quest for reach.

Bungie has already said that save films and screens are in the reach beta, so, when your playing the beta maybe you could help the modelers out and if you see a piece of armor or weapon or anything you would like to build in pep before the games release, grab some screens. while most modelers can grab them themselves they cant get it all, and anything could help to get as much reference as possible before reach falls. and you know you want a full set of reach armor for that release don't you :D . im not saying just get screens and don't play the game, just grab one or two or maybe more. if you have the shots post them here.

remember any angel helps, but if you would like accurate try to get it from front, side, back, etc. straight as possible. anything helps.

posting this a bit early so people will know ahead of time, not 2 days before lol.

ForgedReclaimer said:
sorry, no new reach content to grab here yet.

i was thinking there should be a thread for this, to help the modelers in the quest for reach.

Bungie has already said that save films and screens are in the reach beta, so, when your playing the beta maybe you could help the modelers out and if you see a piece of armor or weapon or anything you would like to build in pep before the games release, grab some screens. while most modelers can grab them themselves they cant get it all, and anything could help to get as much reference as possible before reach falls. and you know you want a full set of reach armor for that release don't you :D . im not saying just get screens and don't play the game, just grab one or two or maybe more. if you have the shots post them here.

remember any angel helps, but if you would like accurate try to get it from front, side, back, etc. straight as possible. anything helps.

posting this a bit early so people will know ahead of time, not 2 days before lol.

Yeah I can't personally wait for the beta. Everyone is going to play matchmaking while I am spending 5 hours in theater mode getting every angle and every shot before the beta disappears so I can model it. I AM SO EXCITED!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, some posts in this thread definitely got wiped...

Before that, though, someone (and I can't remember who, sorry!) was taking reference shots inside the beta, and said they could get me some frontal/rear shots of the shin piece for the model I'm doing for the Noble Reach Collaboration...

I would go get the reference myself, but I'm without Live, a TV, or a decent enough internet connection at the moment. Pity party, anyone?

Nicktendo said:
Dang, some posts in this thread definitely got wiped...

Before that, though, someone (and I can't remember who, sorry!) was taking reference shots inside the beta, and said they could get me some frontal/rear shots of the shin piece for the model I'm doing for the Noble Reach Collaboration...

I would go get the reference myself, but I'm without Live, a TV, or a decent enough internet connection at the moment. Pity party, anyone?

That was Ruze I think. I can jump in the beta shortly and see if I can grab some pics if there's none by then.

I've got a few up in here but it's mostly weapon stuff right now... I couldn't seem to get the pics to upload at first (must have been due to the servers being overloaded)

4578788763_f3ff33be38.jpg

(Click for gallery)

Edit: I've got a bunch of pics of the shins, I'm just waiting for them to appear online. Might be a few hours if it keeps going as it has been.

Yes that was me...

Here's those shin shots, bnet's screenshots were acting up for me this weekend and I couldn't get half of them to upload, retook these tonight.

If you need anything more specific just let me know.

th_reach_266226_FullSHIN.jpg

th_reach_266324_FullSHIN.jpg

th_reach_266325_FullSHIN.jpg

th_reach_266333_FullSHIN.jpg

th_reach_266496_FullSHIN.jpg

th_reach_266582_FullSHIN.jpg

I took these screenshots in Halo: Reach because I wanted to make a model of the Mark V helmet, and I thought that someone else could also make use of them for something. Maybe using them as a reference for details.

Helmet_Front.png

Helmet_Side.png

Helmet_Back.png

Sweet! This will help a lot!!!! If you could do reference pics of the chest, shins and biceps, you would be my hero! I am already a huge fan!! Excellent thread!

Could you maybe take a reference pic with the model visor part that exstends the visor of the helmet to almost make it like a full Mark 5. I have the Chest and backpack pics on my profile gallary and my Halo Reach Screen Shots.

How pray tell did you get screenshots onto the computer? :D. I wanna get some of the Focus Rifle. :D.

And the shoulder varients.

Cheers, Dave.

Brandon McClain said:
Sweet! This will help a lot!!!! If you could do reference pics of the chest, shins and biceps, you would be my hero! I am already a huge fan!! Excellent thread!

I'm glad these screens could help! I may eventually take reference screenshots of each piece of the Mark V armor.

drgon47 said:
Rocket launcher if you dont mind ;)

I'll consider it.

SOF Spartan said:
Could you maybe take a reference pic with the model visor part that exstends the visor of the helmet to almost make it like a full Mark 5. I have the Chest and backpack pics on my profile gallary and my Halo Reach Screen Shots.

I wanted the screenshots to be of armor that didn't sport any add-ons. I don't have the visor element purchased anyways as of right now.

XxCALIBERxX said:
How pray tell did you get screenshots onto the computer? :D . I wanna get some of the Focus Rifle. :D .

And the shoulder varients.

Cheers, Dave.

After you have saved a screenshot to your hard drive via Theater, the screenshot is uploaded to your Bungie.net account. The screenshot will be in your recent screenshots on your Halo: Reach profile page on Bungie.net which you will be able to download to your computer's hard drive.

As everyone has already said, GREAT job.

And for anyone that hasn't noticed, there is now officially a Reach reference gallery. Upload your shots there too!

EDIT: My mistake. No officially Reach gallery yet. I saw wrong...

I was going to do this actually, I'm glad someone else wasn't lazy like me. I've been trying to finish my Reach Helmet, and I'd just fire up the game and go into a theater clip for my reference.

Before the Beta Closes, I should have all of the armor pieces purchased, so I'll be sure to snag shots of everything: all the helmets and their add ons, all the chest and shoulder pieces.

Commandeered this thread so it's not the "Official" Reach Beta reference thread, blueprints/schematics are cool too ;) It'll do the job until there's a proper gallery :)

I'll merge any other reference threads I find too, that way it's all in one place and none of them get buried in other sections of the forum.

Having heaps of trouble getting all the screenshots I take uploaded but what I have been able to get is in the gallery link up above in post #5:

Belakor said:

4578788763_f3ff33be38.jpg

(Click for gallery)...

Belakor, that gallery is fantastic. Exactly what I needed for my big summer project!! Seriously, these pics are a huge help. HUGE!!!

Brandon McClain said:
Belakor, that gallery is fantastic. Exactly what I needed for my big summer project!! Seriously, these pics are a huge help. HUGE!!!

No problem :) I'm capping whatever I can before time runs out, wont have much use for it myself but it's always handy to have references :D

Also, I created a new set just for weapons and the other one has been updated a few more times.

4587553021_13df2e1957.jpg

(Click for gallery)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back