Need Slush Casting Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorens

Jr Member
Dear 405th fellows,

This is my first time post here. I have a pepped war machine armor. I'm a little indecisive about what resin to use; but somehow I would like to try to use Smooth On Cast 300. Can anyone help me how to slush cast a large piece especially my torso or any pepped items with more than one opening? I have been watching BenSteepers rondo tutorial, but I'm a little confused. Smooth Cast 300 slush method seems like it's only good for any item with one opening like a helmet. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Zorens

You can slush parts with multiple openings, just be careful when you are rolling the peice around. If you use some masking tape to build a small barrier around the openings it helps as well. You may also want to do several small batches.

I have used BenStreepers rondo method and I have used it on EVERYTHING so far. Sometimes, you will have to do it in sections due to the dripping and the possible warping. Like when I did my belt piece for my hayabusa armor, I did the back half first, let that dry then did the front half.

It's good to do it in sections for some pieces like the torso because while you start to roll it and get to the point where the part you just casted is at the top, the weight from whatever you are using to sluch cast could pull down and cause the piece to collapse in on itself. Make sense?

And just like BenStreepers tutorial, it's good to use a paintbrush to get the slush cast stuff into some of the smaller areas so that you don't need to try and roll everything around to get it into the corners and have it possibly spill over the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back