Nick's Ultra-Hd Mk6 Shin Pep File

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicktendo

Greetings all!

A bit ago, after I learned (which I guess is old news) that you could export OBJs in Pep Designer 3, I started messing with crackhead09's HD shin file, adding some detail, changing a bit here and there.

Well I got his permission to release the modified file. (Thanks crackhead!) After a few obstacles in Maya, it's here!

ShinPortrait.jpg

(Just FYI, I was having issues, and asked for help, which is what the next few posts are referring to.)

rundown said:
flip all faces in the same way!

I'll give that a shot, but those faces that are giving me trouble were fine in crackhead's model, and I never flipped or modified them. But I'll give it a look-see when I get back to my computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you have some inversed face's. Does maya have an option to flip them? In 3ds Max you can just select that face and choose flip, and you can turn backfaces off (so you can see the gaps in the 3d view).

Or perhaps you have a corrupted/old exporter module?

WOW nice job, I like the top where Extra detail has been added in plus the calf curvurture.

Certaintly an A+ job,You should do more of this stuff more often.

WOW! I wish I had these shins a month ago. I was just going to go bondo up the details on the HD shins I currently have but after seeing this I really feel like rebuilding mines now. *Looks to see how much cardstock I have left*

Hey all, thanks for the kind words. This is my first pep model. Really awesome to hear you like it. :)

Many thanks, again, go to Crackhead09 for permission to use his file as a starting point.

Just wanted to let you all know the planned release date is this Saturday. I did some work the past few nights, fixed some goofy faces that were giving me trouble unfolding, added some optional floating details, etc. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised! It would be out sooner, but I am working two doubles in a row, today and tomorrow, so it has to be Saturday.

See you then!

Nicktendo said:
Hey all, thanks for the kind words. This is my first pep model. Really awesome to hear you like it. :)

Many thanks, again, go to Crackhead09 for permission to use his file as a starting point.

Just wanted to let you all know the planned release date is this Saturday. I did some work the past few nights, fixed some goofy faces that were giving me trouble unfolding, added some optional floating details, etc. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised! It would be out sooner, but I am working two doubles in a row, today and tomorrow, so it has to be Saturday.

See you then!

I'm looking forward to that day. I have shins to replace! :D

I just printed these out to my scale. I love how the valley folds and mountain folds are already color coded, saves me a lot of time because I usually go in there with my red and blue pencils and mark them all. I'm going to go at it tomorrow with the cutting and folding process, I'll post pics soon! Thanks again! :)

Edit: I've pepped my first shin! I took pictures so if you want to see how it looks in the real world compared with the old one here ya go :p I definitely like these new ones better. They dont look so fat from the front view and the details are way more accurate, I'll be building my 2nd one immediately! Oh and I trimmed off the bottom, it was never going to fit otherwise, I had to do it to the old one too. The only thing I think that has to be changed about it is the tabs that you have to fold. They are tiny compared to all the other pep models I've went through, after that Super HD Assault Rifle though anything is easier xD

Pic%20168s.JPG

Pic%20166s.JPG

Pic%20167s.JPG

Monicator said:
Edit: I've pepped my first shin! I took pictures so if you want to see how it looks in the real world compared with the old one here ya go :p I definitely like these new ones better. They dont look so fat from the front view and the details are way more accurate, I'll be building my 2nd one immediately! Oh and I trimmed off the bottom, it was never going to fit otherwise, I had to do it to the old one too. The only thing I think that has to be changed about it is the tabs that you have to fold. They are tiny compared to all the other pep models I've went through, after that Super HD Assault Rifle though anything is easier xD

Awesome! They look great.

Ral Partha said:
Here's my unfold, scaled @ 37cm:

Modified HD Mk VI Shin by Nicktendo

Very cool. I'll add this link to the first post!

Now THOSE are VERY nice! :D I'm all for extra detail! lol Any chance of a slimmer version? Say for a female? XD

Now, I CAN change it myself for a more female build, however, I wouldn't know how much slimmer to make it. That is my issue. I would be afraid to make it too thin and have it be way too tight on my leg. XD

@HaloGoddess, i know this may not help much, but try going in-game and take a look at Kat's Skeleton versus a normal spartan skeleton. Normally people base the original off the in-game stuff, and if you do Kat's, then you should be able to figure out by how much. If all else fails, use Modeling Clay and mold it around your leg and base on that

Pm me if you having trouble. i've done a few armor config's for women in the past and if i can, i'd be happy to help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back