Odst Ace W.i.p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akademee

Ah yes 405th, another ODST build!

We all know about the usual crew: Buck, Dutch, Mickey, Romeo, Dare, and the Rookie, but there are others right? Well, I'm making up my own ODST character by the name, Ace. Obviously, I'm going to have a little fun with this and make make a fictional bad-ass of myself (who wouldn't), and add some more info along the way of this build.

Anyway, for the most part, I'm using Belakor's ODST files and I have found that although there are more pieces, such as the center plate is three small parts instead of one large one, this would allow me to move a bit better and would enable me to wear this suit for a long period of time. I will be working feverishly to get the pep done with so I can use the heat of the summer to cure my fiberglass (big mistake being trapped in the winter doing fiberglass! :( ).

So here are the first four pieces of the suit, I will hopefully begin doing shoulders next.

ODST002.jpg

Burke said:
Looks great. How long did it take you to pep the helmet? And can you direct link me to it?

The helmet, since I am slow :( , took me almost 12 hours from printing off the pages to having the helmet

I got a lot of my files, including the helmet HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks Great, Took me a day or 2 for my reach helmet... alas still in the resin stages. Keep up the good work!

I'm starting the stomach pads next. I would just like to note: even though some of these plates only take up one letter sized piece of paper, they take FOREVER to put together with all of the tiny folds and such! But that's why I signed on to the 405th!

I will have pictures of the stomach pads and back pads next, but in the meantime, I have just ordered some 1 inch black webbing along with a bargain for 50 1 inch buckles for each of gearing-up.

I do have a question for any person who has successfully built and worn an ODST suit. With respect to the back piece, which I have not built yet, I cannot tell how far down the back it goes. How to I make the back piece flexible enough that I can sit down and move as I fully intend to wear this for a very long time to certain events.

Thanks

Webbing, 25 yards:

51X1oBDH93L_SL500_AA300_.jpg

Buckles:

41SMA5NuKGL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

Well, I am deeply fearing the banhammer due to this GASP!.... Triple Post!?!?11!

Anyway, with the end of AP Exams and the school year winding down, time to kick it up on my summer projects!

I have done a lot more pep work on the ODST armor, yay for 15 hours with nothing to do!

Since the last picture, I have pepped:

All three stomach plates

Belt plate

Both back plates

One of the hip plates

ODST004.jpg

But my progress has been hindered since I have been hangin' with ma' peeps!

ODST006.jpg

Summer projects I am starting:

Sweeney Todd Custom Razor Blade

Jorge-052 Chain-Gun

Thanks, I've got SOOOOOOOO much more to go, and work has been put on hold since I slashed my finger open :(

Akademee said:
Thanks, I've got SOOOOOOOO much more to go, and work has been put on hold since I slashed my finger open :(

Pix or it didn't happen ;)! Did you need stitches?

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, the pics would be too gross! It was just small enough that they said I didn't need stitches, but it was still pretty bad, let's just say I probably went through maybe 1/2 to about 3/4 of a full roll of paper towels... :eek

Well, I am almost done with the resining, should have it all done within a week or so!

Then the Bondo-ing begins!!

Yes! In fact I am currently training 8 of them.

They are not taking the training very well, but hopefully I will have them up to speed before the next UNSC budget meeting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back