Dvine Infektion Mkvi Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey hey! im back, sorry for the long delay in posts, but alots beein goin on. On the upside i have completed the MKVI armor a while ago, was unable to post anything due to losing the internet for a while. without further wait heres the pix:

DSCI0595.jpg

DSCI0594.jpg

and the AR

paintedma5cAR1.jpg

paintedma5carcloseup3.jpg

paintedma5carcloseup4.jpg

and because its been a minute since i posted check out the WIP come together here:

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19702&st=0

Looks pretty good, but where are your biceps, ab plate, and boots? :lol Also, how did you harden your Assault Rifle, cause I'll be doing mines soon. Oh and if you want to make it better I would get or make a neckseal, it really completes the whole look.

Edit: Never mind about the assault rifle, just read the WIP :lol Just resin huh? No fiberglass needed? Guess that makes it easier but I'm planning to bondo mines up too, I cant stand warps even little ones.

Looks nice, you might want to spray some matte black on a rag and rub the recesses of your armour for that 3D pop effect.

Medic -Posted Today, 05:04 PM

Thanks you for the Recap... Looks good so fare, Red with the white nice pick of colors.

*Dvine* Thx i wasw goin for a darker red but this colonial was the closest they had.**

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monicator -Posted Today, 05:49 PM

Looks pretty good, but where are your biceps, ab plate, and boots? Also, how did you harden your Assault Rifle, cause I'll be doing mines soon. Oh and if you want to make it better I would get or make a neckseal, it really completes the whole look.

Edit: Never mind about the assault rifle, just read the WIP Just resin huh? No fiberglass needed? Guess that makes it easier but I'm planning to bondo mines up too, I cant stand warps even little ones.

*Dvine* In those two pix i did take the biceps off due to the fact i tore the holding clip inside during the party, was doing alot of moving up and down stairs while drinking, so i desided to lose the biceps before they got broke... the ab plate didnt fit right so i never attached it, it rode too close to the cod piece( a scaling issue of mine found out too late w/ the chest) and i did have a "neck seal" or yolk, but as stated i was moving alot and drinking so i wanted to be a little more comfortable. boots are on you just cant see them in this pic. As for the assualt rifle i just resined the outside to cast it up and help prevent warping, then i poured resin inside and sloshed it around til it cured. then i resined the outside again. when completed i had ONE tiny warp in the entire piece, the magazine well itself exspanded outwards a bit. but no fiber glass, i'll be sure to look in on your WIP if you make an AR. thx for the post **

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hellfire- Posted Today, 06:11 PM

Looks nice, you might want to spray some matte black on a rag and rub the recesses of your armour for that 3D pop effect.

*Dvine* Thx, i did rub some matte black on a rag and rubbed it down a bit, but when photographed the flash makes it look shiny. So i intend to go back and fix all the little details.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thx for the posts, i enjoyed making the armor, and plan on making another, this one will surly be placed on a manaquine and saved. Now that i know where ive made mistakes i should beable to breeze through my next make. thx again for the comments and crit.

Nice build! I've been waiting to see your work. Looks very, very good, especially since it is only fiberglass build and not bondoed.

Hey! I was wondering what happened to you. Good to see you managed to come up with a final product after all this time. And since you live in the area (and about 5 minutes down the road from me) you should try and attend the Motor City Comic Con wearing this! :pIt's May 14th-16th. I will be going on the 15th, it's a saturday. Maybe you should work on some of the details and fix your bicep pieces. You should hopefully be able to do that by then. I still need to paint my armor! XD

HaloGoddess said:
Hey! I was wondering what happened to you. Good to see you managed to come up with a final product after all this time. And since you live in the area (and about 5 minutes down the road from me) you should try and attend the Motor City Comic Con wearing this! :pIt's May 14th-16th. I will be going on the 15th, it's a saturday. Maybe you should work on some of the details and fix your bicep pieces. You should hopefully be able to do that by then. I still need to paint my armor! XD

Yea i finished the armor a few days before the ODST release, and wore it then, but i still having shoulder issues because ive finaly come to realize i mad the chest a lil bit too wide. and yea i only live a lil ways from you, im in Canton now. I was goin to reply to your wedding announcemnet saying id show up. BUT. i dont have my armor at the moment. im goin thru a divorce, and my ex kicked me out. So my all my collectable $#!T is in her house. Ive been tryin to get my stuff back for a few months now. so im hoping she grows up soon and just lets me get my stuff. if that is the case. then im totaly down. ive been wanting to work on a new armor set too, but i worked like 20 hrs a day for a few months to finish the MKVI, so i dont think i could complete another full set in time. as for the comic con in Novi, it sounds like a plan. I'd like to get my g/f and her son to go, so i'll ley you kno. and we'd prolly end up goin on saturday too. (mostly because her son is a die hard star wars fanatic, and theres alot of star wars $#!T goin on saturday)

anyways thx for the post. i'll let you know when i get my stuff back and if we're for sure goin or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spartan-124 said:
Nice build! I've been waiting to see your work. Looks very, very good, especially since it is only fiberglass build and not bondoed.

yea its been a minute since ive been on. had the armor done for a while, just been having marital issues lol. and shes holdin the armor and a few other things ransom. not cool. but yea it still needs a few tweeks, and it'll be good. although i did find out i scaled my chest slightly too wide, and it causes issues with my shoulders, and caused a holding strap to break, so im goin to have to figure out somthing. more than likly this will be a piece i put on display rather than wear. Im goin to start a new build. thinkin prolly an ODST. im unsure at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back