*The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IM not sure, if this is the right thread (by the way, this thread has been a lifesaver, thanks ruze!!) any way i was wondering if you could reuse molds for mold making

Yes, this is the wrong spot for that. Not to be rude, but it is titled Reach PEPAKURA FILE thread. check out the mold making sub forum in the Armor, Uniform, and Prop Making forum.

I hate to be a pain, but like most people, I need just a little help. Im prepping the design for making Kats shins, forearms, biceps and shoulders, Noble Six's thighs, boots, and HD chest. I found somewhere in this thread, a place to download "Halo pep all in one", but no place to find a right way to scale it. my pieces always come out odd, mainly too small. Is there a new method to use for all these pep files made by various people? Because im only used to Fraz's scale formula but thats only good for his Spartan II armor.

I seriously need as much help as anyone can lend, because this is actually a senior project that Im trying to finish. Much appreciated.

Alright, barrel added to the laser.
rl1.jpg

http://www.4shared.com/file/ND1sllHS/fat-hi555_Reach_Spartan_Laser_.html
First laser post also updated with this link.

I hate to be a pain, but like most people, I need just a little help. Im prepping the design for making Kats shins, forearms, biceps and shoulders, Noble Six's thighs, boots, and HD chest. I found somewhere in this thread, a place to download "Halo pep all in one", but no place to find a right way to scale it. my pieces always come out odd, mainly too small. Is there a new method to use for all these pep files made by various people? Because im only used to Fraz's scale formula but thats only good for his Spartan II armor.

I seriously need as much help as anyone can lend, because this is actually a senior project that Im trying to finish. Much appreciated.

Yeah, this a real bugger...I've had the same problem. the best way to work around it is to measure your body part, say, height of the piece you want, then look carefully at the height of the piece in the pep file. I did this with the pelvis. Now remember in most cases this will be from the lower most piece to the highest piece of the armour, *in a straight (vertical) line* it won't take into a/c the curves of your body. so you have to guesstimate a bit for your body measurement. I found working in front of a mirror, with someone helping to hold the meas. tape. Then maybe allow about 2 cm extra as a fudge factor.

Adjust the height of the piece to match your body part height in that area. It doesn't have to be height, but as long as you can get at least one fairly accurate measure of how long (or wide or high) you think the piece will need to be. then match the corresponding length (or whatever) in the scale menu. This has been about the best approach for me. so far I've had about 7-8 false starts, but only had to do the pelvis twice, the second time using this measure I got it right. I wouldn't allow too much extra, I found the models had enough extra built in for my frame. I'm 5' 8" and fairly slender.

PM me if this makes no sense, maybe I can help.

Hey, is anyone in the process of unfolding any of the unfolded female spartan armor? Because my friend wants to make a suit as I make my suit and help her, but some of the file are not unfolded yet.

Hey, is anyone in the process of unfolding any of the unfolded female spartan armor? Because my friend wants to make a suit as I make my suit and help her, but some of the file are not unfolded yet.

Try out this thread
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/26156-Reach-for-the-ladies!

Hey ruze i was interested in building your Carter Helmet, and i started looking at some screenshots to get an idea of what i needed to do. I put you model next to a screenshot and i noticed that to me it seemed that the chin area was a bit to wide. heres the screen shot.
Untitled.png

the screenshot of carters helm has a narrow chin.
i havent gotten to pep the helmet out just yet so i mean to ask if the chin just looks that way in pepakura viewer.

Also has any one edited the carter forearm attatchment?

Try out this thread

Hey ruze i was interested in building your Carter Helmet, and i started looking at some screenshots to get an idea of what i needed to do. I put you model next to a screenshot and i noticed that to me it seemed that the chin area was a bit to wide. heres the screen shot.
Untitled.png

i havent gotten to pep the helmet out just yet so i mean to ask if the chin just looks that way in pepakura viewer.

Also has any one edited the carter forearm attatchment?

Thanks. Also I think Ruze and I already had this talk a while back, but can't remember how it went

oh well alright. another thing i failed to mention is that the helmet itself(ruze pep model) is a bit to narrow. it seems (to me) that the the overall width of the helmet is a bit small in comparison with the screen shots. i don't believe that its anything major just some tweaking if its needed.

Try out this thread
Untitled.png

Well, actually the chin detail you speak of IS there, just not highlighted in the model. here is what I mean.
Untitled-2-1.jpg

It is a bit narrow, but the discrepancy is negligible.

so it is pepakura that makes it look that way. thank you all for the help. much appreciated.

another question. how do you take screen shots of the pepakura model like that?
i know this question doesn't belong in this thread so if some one can send me the answer in a pm

another question. how do you take screen shots of the pepakura model like that?
Press the Print Screen (PrtSc) key on your keyboard. Open either Photoshop or MSPaint and then press Ctrl+V to paste the image of your screen. Then crop and adjust your pic and then save it.

can anyone point me in the right direction of a better version of the EVA helmet on this website? I have been going through here, and all I have come across that's close is Emiles helmet, which I would rather not attempt due to the excessive clear visor work at the top/back area, so the EVA suits me perfectly, but the copy I view on this wiki has pieces off the pages and some overlapping. I would have to pay $38 just to save the version I cleaned up with the designer trial.

hey people i have a favour to ask if anyone can help me out with it im having abit of trouble getting hold of some reference pictures for emiles right arm and left thigh attachments so i was wonfering if anyone can help me out with it please?

hey people i have a favour to ask if anyone can help me out with it im having abit of trouble getting hold of some reference pictures for emiles right arm and left thigh attachments so i was wonfering if anyone can help me out with it please?
emile's forarm attachment is already released its called "EmileAddOn6Shells" and is probly somewhere around here
i don't know about the thigh attach though...

from what i have been hearing - model extraction is possible for reach
i think theres an image here http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/318550-new-ascension-plugin-thread/page__st__15

possibilities...
CJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back