Hughs Odst Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Hugh. Another great model. Which helmet addon will you be doing next. Also do you need and Referance pics for any of the hlemet addons? Can't wait to see more.

Andrew:

Wow, Hugh. Another great model. Which helmet addon will you be doing next. Also do you need and Referance pics for any of the hlemet addons? Can't wait to see more.

Andrew:

Thanks

Really, the more reference I have the faster I can get around to these things. I am probably going to knock out the plates that go over the ear section so everyone can upgrade their H3 ODST to Reach ODST.

Upgrade to Reach ODST

Alright, this wasn't difficult. Decided to sit down and try to make this set. It's a .pdo that will let you upgrade my V2 ODST helmet to the ones in Reach. Basically, it's just geometry built on top of the original model.

There are the major ear plates, which you will have to position and fill the gap in the front. Also, the cheek-like structures had to be extended so that is what the other part is.

Reachodstupgrade.jpg

Download ODST Reach Upgrade

In case anyone missed it don't forget to check out the ODST Sniper binocular attachment I released a couple posts back.

-Hugh

Alright, this wasn't difficult. Decided to sit down and try to make this set. It's a .pdo that will let you upgrade my V2 ODST helmet to the ones in Reach. Basically, it's just geometry built on top of the original model.

There are the major ear plates, which you will have to position and fill the gap in the front. Also, the cheek-like structures had to be extended so that is what the other part is.
I cannot thank you enough, i was going to free hand this but....sweet cheese. and i have my chest core build in my reach foam thread

Hugh, you are too awesome. Now you've put me in a dilemma, build a Republic commando helm over Christmas, or an ODST? DANGIT! Looks super though!

im 5 9 to 6 ft straight is the scale already to go for me to build or no ? cause if everything is in place then im good to go but i was wondering about the scale

I was just wondering if you were going to make any more reach odst parts
cause man let me tell you I love every modle you make

Holy cow, I don't check this for a few days and look what happens :p
Really liking all of the add-ons Hugh, especially the Sniper attachment. Top notch buddy!!

I cannot thank you enough, i was going to free hand this but....sweet cheese. and i have my chest core build in my reach foam thread

No problem man, I just checked out your thread. Awesome work! Jeez, you guys are making me want to rebuild some of my parts now :/

wow..... thats all i can say..... that looks like it would be hard to glue lol

Which part? A lot of the parts I downgraded. They seem a lot easier to put together, to me at least.

Hugh, you are too awesome. Now you've put me in a dilemma, build a Republic commando helm over Christmas, or an ODST? DANGIT! Looks super though!

I know what you mean man. I also think the RC rock. Never got around to doing anything SW though. If I ever do it would probably have to be something out of the extended universe.

Sounds swell Hugh! Do you plan to make templates for the back part as well?

I'm sorry Taylor, what do you mean again? If you are referring to the back details on the helmet they are there but just as floating faces.

I was just wondering if you were going to make any more reach odst parts
cause man let me tell you I love every modle you make

Thanks RedJak. Yeah I am actually about to model one of the Reach attachments but I probably won't get to it until tomorrow.

Holy cow, I don't check this for a few days and look what happens :p
Really liking all of the add-ons Hugh, especially the Sniper attachment. Top notch buddy!!

Thanks Matt,
Yeah the cold weather has forced me indoors so I've spent some time reworking and building models. The weather situation is getting old...

And thanks to everyone else for the motivation. It's awesome to see others building this stuff. You learn a lot that way.

If you haven't been getting the latest files check out the first post. I've updated the front page. At the bottom of the OP there is a section for the armor attachments and addons so if you need to direct anyone to the helmet attachments they can be found there.

Fullset1.jpg
Fullset2.jpg

I'm always looking for cool concepts and things to make for this set. So if you guys have a vision you would like to see realized feel free to send me or post concepts about what you'd like. I'm talking about helmet additions, custom shoulder parts, etc.

Good luck everyone

-Hugh

Well, one thing that would probably be very helpful is the "Halo 3 ODST" shoulders, not the ones from Halo 3. Confusing, eh? Might also be able to do the other shoulders too, like Romeo's sniper shoulder, Micky's, and the backpacks. While ODST's have become less popular since Reachh came out, I'm sure they'd get used.

Yesss! Come to the Star Wars side... or more accurately, the "dork side" :p we have mandalorians! Ah, gotta make fun of myself... much like with Star Trek, once you start speaking Klingon, you've gone too far. I'm almost there... :p

Well Hugh, the one thing that I think that would go great with armor your working on is the ODST backpack. I have not seen a lot of pepakura models for any of the odst backpacks and I think it would look awesome with the armor your working on already.

Andrew:

Well Hugh, the one thing that I think that would go great with armor your working on is the ODST backpack. I have not seen a lot of pepakura models for any of the odst backpacks and I think it would look awesome with the armor your working on already.

Andrew:

Well actually, there ARE some backpacks... but they're not that good. I think some might even be game rips. The only good one I've seen is Dare's backpack by forged reclaimer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back