Hughs Odst Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy question, how do I acquire one of these ODST helmet kits you advertise in your signature and what exactly do they do for me? o_o

Also, the download on the site for the ODST shoulderplate isn't working, it says the file link requested is not valid.

OH NOES! the shoulders and shins are way to big for me.... oh wait, i'm 5.3 1/4.. :p
heh the shoulders cover nearly half my arm, and yet the chest core seems a near perfect fit (with some minor adjustments for my fat gut.. working one that, i really am!)
just looking and adjusting anywho, love this stuff.. so detailed out of the printer (well.. helmet aside really)
heres hoping i can figure out scaleing though...

any news on your build though Hugh? i'm dieing to see more!
i mean really, yours is the only build of note to compare to when working on this, so i'm running outta notes.. well.. more like i just want more to compare how it "should" look like, to what it does on my build as i go :)

Hey Hugh, I finally got around to finished that helmet I started a while back (just the pep phase though xD)
So if you could check it out, please do :)
It's right here, thanks!

Got a question about the spine and belt base...how exactly does that fit in the armor? doesnt look like its there on the photo?
late post is late

I thought I might post my ODST I finished. I used many of Hugh's files, and they turned out awesome. I used foam for the chest, and added spine armor.

5757135492_63608cbc47_z.jpg

5746731963_57cf1ae7a6_z.jpg

5747287712_9d7aaa8464_z.jpg

View the whole thread here

well that answered my question xD...also very well done...
what type of paint did you use? and is that a lightup name tag on your back?
also...is that a lining on the inside of chest?

@Sir Tsaboc
WOW... nice stuff, though is it just more or is your entire upper body armor.. kinda.. well.. small?
the ODST gear is kinda cramped up top in the game (and on WETA's version) yet yours has so much moving room! :)
interesting style with the spine and even the lighted space on the back. was thinking of ways to do that myself when i get really going (still testing sizes and such.. they're so close i just wanna cut small slits rather than resize whole parts though :p tough decision)

Got a question about the spine and belt base...how exactly does that fit in the armor? doesnt look like its there on the photo?
late post is late

the belt/spine fit beneath the armor as a sorta stomach/torso padding for Hugh's stuff.
unless you speak of the belts for holding the waist gear up, Hugh said a page or so back how he did that. A reg belt and suspenders IIRC.

Hugh,

I read somewhere in the forums that you mentioned building a judge gabranth suit. Do you have any base models or releases yet on that build? I'm dying to make one, but without a vacuformer, pepakura is my only option, and the game models are WAY too low-poly to do anything with. Sorry to drag the thread off topic man.

That ODST build however, looks slick. For sure.

first off great work Hugh, really loving your files right now. I'm currently working on the helmet. I have everything held together by butterfly clips. I was just wanting to know if I should go ahead and glue it all together then fiber glass it? or since I want to vacuum form the visor should I not glue that with the rest of the helmet, keep it separate? sorry if I'm not clear, also this is my first helmet.

Thx you for your files Hughs. They're really awesome. Took me 16 days to finish your build. It's still need more bondo but I need to use this on 18th this month so I need to finish it realy quick. Start building from 1st this month through today. I don't know what you guys think. I didn't wear this. It's my friend who does because I already have MC suit XD.

247005_233099523372761_100000181453136_1167045_2113304_n.jpg

248255_233099280039452_100000181453136_1167035_4547070_n.jpg

Didn't make thread about it yet I'll do it later after 18th and fixing + bondo all parts.

Best regards, Constrictor

Hi, guys it's Shock\Trooper. I've been having some scaling issues with the Shin & Knee Armor and Chest Core. About three weeks ago, I stumbled upon Halo Goddesses' Pepakura Scaling Method. I measured my Shin by measuring my ankle to an inch above my knee. I pepped it, but the shin was a bit too of a bulk. I cast away the Shin aside about a week ago. Before I move onto the Chest Core, and make the same mistake, how do I scale the Chest Core and Shin. Does the Chest Core and Shin & Knee Armor rely on the 'Height Factor'? If so, where should I measure to obtain the Perfect scale?

The Red spectacles mask, I have been looking up, down, left, right, and sidways for somthing from Jin roh or red specticles. I was thinking about modifying a killzone mask i have, or hevily modifying a Halo reach EOD helmet. Could you please email me the PDO for this? or al least send a link to where i can download it. It would absolutly make my day and be a great kickstart to make my Custom protect gear costume. Please get back to me soon.

-konstantin

Hi, guys it's Shock\Trooper. I've been having some scaling issues with the Shin & Knee Armor and Chest Core. About three weeks ago, I stumbled upon Halo Goddesses' Pepakura Scaling Method. I measured my Shin by measuring my ankle to an inch above my knee. I pepped it, but the shin was a bit too of a bulk. I cast away the Shin aside about a week ago. Before I move onto the Chest Core, and make the same mistake, how do I scale the Chest Core and Shin. Does the Chest Core and Shin & Knee Armor rely on the 'Height Factor'? If so, where should I measure to obtain the Perfect scale?
What's your height. I use the default scale but fits perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back