First Timer Iron Man Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazza554

hey guys :D

i have just recently joined up here, and started on my first EVER pepakura build!

i found out about this kind of building from Indy Mogul, with their Halo armor build, i was going to start building Halo armor (even though i have never played the game before! sorry guys! :unsure )then i found the Iron Man PeP's and was like HELL YES!! haha

so far i have pepped the helmet, and was wondering if you guys could take a look and see what you think? and tell me if you think it is good enough to go ahead with the resin/fiberglassing yet :)

the only problem i am having so far, is when all the pieces are together, i cant fit my head through the gap, so would need the ear piece and rear bottom piece out to get my head it, i was first thinking of putting it on some sort of sliding hinge so that the rear section could slide up INTO the helmet, but not sure how to go about it, and i also saw someone else's that hinged outwards on the back to get the head it. any tips on that would be greatly appreciated.

and now........... onto the pictures :)

SAM_0517.jpg

SAM_0518.jpg

SAM_0519.jpg

SAM_0520.jpg

SAM_0521.jpg

SAM_0522.jpg

SAM_0523.jpg

SAM_0524.jpg

SAM_0515.jpg

this picture shows the sections of the rear, as you can see the ears are attached to part of the rear, and a lower rear piece below that. (the faceplate is a separate piece too)

IMREARPIECES.jpg

thanks in advance for any comments / help :D

nice pep work.

what kind of glue did you use?

also, welcome to the forums! :)

Make sure ti read the stickies.

especially THIS one.

shmalofan said:
nice pep work.

what kind of glue did you use?

also, welcome to the forums! :)

Make sure ti read the stickies.

especially THIS one.

hey thanks :)

i used copydex to glue it together (like a rubber cement) would that not be a good way of going about it?

and thanks, i watched the video before i signed up :pif there is anything i am missing off of the vid though please let me know so i can sort it :) thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
the copydex should be fine.

some types of glue can't withstand the resin and the paper comes unglued when you apply resin.

but i wouldn't worry about it.

thanks for the heads up.

after that i think i will have to do a test patch on another piece of card before i go straight to the helmet :)

thanks again

for those interested , i have just gave the shell and faceplate a coat of resin, once this sets i will be sizing up the ears and backplate to fit the hardened shell, then i will give those a coat of resin, then i will be able to start on the fiberglassing.

in the mean time i may print out and start work on the Pep chest piece, although i only have 8 sheets of card left at the moment so will have to do what i can and go to the store tomorrow to pick up more supplies :)

hello,

i also have just completed my first couple of pep works and one is the ironman helmet. i also can't fit my head inside the damn thing. i was wondering if there is anyone there that might have the whole suit in a pep file just the halo armor i see on this website.

Thanks BobvDijk

and to Snow White - i just had a quick look on google and found this if it is any good for you, the files are not in very much detail, but it has plans for the entire suit

Iron Man PeP Files

snow white said:
thanks for the help, but unfortunatly i can't open these file in my viewer or designer. do you have any suggestions?

what viewer do you have? :s they work fine in mine

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all!

It's looking good! I am also building my first costume.

To help you with the head problem, I ended up glueing the pieces together (faceplate,crown,neck) and separating them once I resined it hard. I then bolted them together (with these small, meccano like, nuts and bolts I found at my local hardware shop) at points where the pieces overlapped e.g where the Jaw meets the round ear piece.

Btw, just so you know, i use a kind of rubber cement for my pepps too, it works fine, it doesnt corrode, but it does turn pink...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back