My Reach Peps

Status
Not open for further replies.

meggawatts

I hammered these out tonight and discovered I suck at unfolding. So here they are ready to be unfolded

reach_peps.rar

4612786611_bdd622db9b_o.png

4613402068_dcea484c9b_o.png

4612786305_fdcb733120_o.png

4612786325_10709a5cda_o.png

4613401814_47a683a263_o.png

4613401718_b6487de331_o.png

4613401582_a4bc607460_o.png

4612786103_e63679f154_o.png

4612785941_a4b2f9a3af_o.png

4613401450_807e2ac7b7_o.png

ummm... I don't want to accuse anyone of anything, but are these yours? The meshes are or are about 99% of Rundown's. Except these are in triangles, and rundown's is in quads. Check it in pep, set edge fold to 180, and do it with rundown's. The meshes are the same. Plus, they share an uncanny similarity... is it just me?

ummm... I don't want to accuse anyone of anything, but are these yours? The meshes are or are about 99% of Rundown's. Except these are in triangles, and rundown's is in quads. Check it in pep, set edge fold to 180, and do it with rundown's. The meshes are the same. Plus, they share an uncanny similarity... is it just me?

Not, it ain't just you... I smell something fishy...

Boba Fett said:

I made these from my original sketchup file

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, it's not me. the helmet has open edges in the EXACT SAME SPOT as rundown. I call Hax.

Due to the similarities, can we see them in sketchup?

m3ggawatts said:
I made these from my original sketchup file

The only one that DOES look original is the back piece, for the spine.

Boba Fett said:
ok, it's not me. the helmet has open edges in the EXACT SAME SPOT as rundown. click on my word doc.

here is a screenshot from my sketchup file

here, I imported yours and Rundown's (unfolded by brandon mclain) into blender. Rundown's on the right, the new on the left.

http://www.4shared.com/file/-olzbZaS/comparison.html

it opens in pep. someone please spot the differences, cause I can't heck, when I imported, them, they were at the exact same scale and rotation.

crap, it won;t open the 2 objects together... will get a few screenies

Boba Fett said:
ok, it's not me. the helmet has open edges in the EXACT SAME SPOT as rundown. I call Hax.

Due to the similarities, can we see them in sketchup?

The only one that DOES look original is the back piece, for the spine.

what else do you want to see

[attachment=16554:Doc1.pdf]

ok, open the pdf. the ONLY differences I see are in the fron bottom of the visor, the new one looks slightly recessed, rundown's is straight. and the mesh is in triangles, but if they were in quads, they'd be the same

[attachment=16555:Doc2.pdf]

here, both models are converted to quads. is ther ANY difference?

Just triangulate Rundown's mesh and compare the polycount for each object.

It could just be that certain areas of the helmet make sense to be built a particular way, but I'm just keeping an open mind before throwing any stones :)

*THROWS STONE*

He might have modified the base mesh. This is why I only link exploded .obj and locked .pdo files

I don't think any of the files are hax, I think that m3ggawats did model all the files, what he may have done was used rundowns files as reference but I don't see how if one is in triangles and rundowns are in quads how they could be the same. I mean I do see a lot of similarities but they are'nt the same to me.

Nintendude said:
I don't think any of the files are hax, I think that m3ggawats did model all the files, what he may have done was used rundowns files as reference but I don't see how if one is in triangles and rundowns are in quads how they could be the same. I mean I do see a lot of similarities but they are'nt the same to me.

thank you i did use rundowns files for refrence but i didn't just copy them

1 is 818 verts, the other 859. But again, the visor bottom has been changed slightly. I'm not 100% sure this is fake, but the dimensions, the mesh, it is just too close for my liking. especially the open edges on the back of the helmet. The mesh is identical.

Nintendude said:

In 3D modeling when you do a render operation ALL quads get tessellated into triangles. It happens with polygons, NURBS, and Sub-Div surfaces... basically when you hit render everything is brought back as a polygon and triangulated.

Basically every square gets an added edge through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back