Captain America's Shield Pepakura Files, And Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saber1138

Jr Member
Capture.JPG

So after searching for Cap's Shiled I found a model on Perceptor's topcs. He had builkt it in Google Sketchup and after some work I made it peppable.

Tabs have been added, and I did the easiest unfold possible. It went from about 60 pages down to 23 with some maneuvering.

Download it here: Cap Shield

I left out the Back Box grip structure because of it's inaccuracy.

People can create their own system.

Enjoy!

My Movie Accurate Iron Man MK III Helmet Build

Captain%2520America%25201.jpg

CapShield.jpg

I don't know why but I've been on a Captain America kick lately. After seeing Captain America frozen in the glacier in The Incredible Hulk, and his Shiled appear in Iron Man 1, and 2 I am kind of excited to see The First Avenger. Recently Downloaded the 1991 movie which was still terrible, and hoped that they can pull it off this time with Chris Evans. Also looking forward to Thor, after seeing his Hammer land in New Mexico!

Anyways I sent Perceptor a PM to see if he could build another model of the shield, and I have yet to hear back, but I built this alraedy and will post pics, so if anyone else builds, please post pics.

My Movie Accurate Iron Man MK III Helmet Build

It's good to see people are working on this, I fined the first shield pep, so I will post pics soon, but in the meantime, I am working on a new version for pep for Perceptor, which is more accurate to the Iron Man to easter egg, but complete.

After I build one up to test it out work out the kinks, I will post. If anyone wants to help in the new unfold speak up...

Hope to see some pics of others work on this soon.

Man i relly thank you for this work i was just about to begin yhe unfold process over a model found in sketch up , I'll begin this right now and post you pics

Thanks again

Saber1138 said:
It's good to see people are working on this, I fined the first shield pep, so I will post pics soon, but in the meantime, I am working on a new version for pep for Perceptor, which is more accurate to the Iron Man to easter egg, but complete.

After I build one up to test it out work out the kinks, I will post. If anyone wants to help in the new unfold speak up...

Hope to see some pics of others work on this soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cap%202.0.JPG

We can all thank Perceptor again! He made this 2.0 version, which I unfolded. I tried to keep it down to as few pages possible, and am yet to begin building. This new shield is modeled after the on seen in Iron Man, and Iron Man 2. Despite editing the original model to fix some errors I am not sure how exactly this will turn out, so if anyone builds let me know.

Also if anyone can edit some areas in the model I could not also let me know through PM!

Thanks, hope you enjoy... and I would like to see pics.

Download Here

thanks for putting up this pep file, im going to make it for may dad's b-day. also i just watched the 1990 captain america and you right, it suck. it was almost good at a couple of spot but overall it sucked.

jake11124 said:
thanks for putting up this pep file, im going to make it for may dad's b-day. also i just watched the 1990 captain america and you right, it suck. it was almost good at a couple of spot but overall it sucked.

same for me. it would have sucked less if they hired a better actor for capt. instead of that guy. we have to wait till next year for the movie. i'll tkae my chances on version 1 once i'm done with my IM mkV helmet.

Saber1138 said:
We can all thank Perceptor again! He made this 2.0 version, which I unfolded. I tried to keep it down to as few pages possible, and am yet to begin building. This new shield is modeled after the on seen in Iron Man, and Iron Man 2. Despite editing the original model to fix some errors I am not sure how exactly this will turn out, so if anyone builds let me know.

Thanks, hope you enjoy... and I would like to see pics.

Version 2.0? Awesome!

I considered making that first version, but I did not like it that much, so once I saw you had the one featured in Tony Stark's shop that brought me joy. This is the version that I am going to make; however, I am quite stingy so I wasn't excited about 30 pages. Thankfully, my tetris skills came in handy and I managed to compress it to 20 pages. Unfortunately, I haven't purchased Pepakura 3.0, so I can't save this rearrangement.

I will be certain to make a WIP thread in the Noob Forum and shoot you a link.

I just finish the paper model of your version One and is awesome to see it complete

I have some minor problems getting a strategy to build it so in the pict you can see a hole

If some one will build this one I recommend buid it circle by circle you finis one circle complete and atach to the rest of the model so you have control of the curvature and dont get surprises like this one ,any way im gonna fiber this baby put some resine and paint , i'll post pictures

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6011622&id=525725048

darthpunisher said:
Man i relly thank you for this work i was just about to begin yhe unfold process over a model found in sketch up , I'll begin this right now and post you pics

Thanks again

So I have jumped into building the Version 2.0 of Captain America's shield (featured in Iron Man I & II) and want some feedback on what I should do. First off, here is what I am working with.

Top: Top view of the shield so that you can see the raised star and how it stops before the shield.

Middle: Bottom view of the shield to show what seems to be an seperate, extraneous continuation of the star underneath the shield.

Bottom: The very peculiar geometry of a simple raise star.

Now, remember that I am trying to create what is hopefully the shield from the new Captain America: The First Avenger movie that will be coming out July 22, 2011. That means that the only real reference images I have are these 2 video clips of Iron Man.

Iron Man (Best at 0:24)

Iron Man 2 (Best at 0:17, and visible at 0:14, 0:20 and 0:26)

What is unfortunate is that these are unfinished shields so that we can't actually get a good feeling for what the finished product should be. What do you think? Is the star raised up? Does it just protrude out or is there a slight bevel?

Any perception or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Wow, I never knew anyone really liked my work. To be honest with you, this is the second 3d model I have ever made. I'm glad people like it. And a big thanks to Saber who unfolded it and fixed up all of my nooby mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back