Iron Man Mark 6 Hd Pepakura Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
here are some pictures of what the jaw and faceplate look like finished :)the back is from dungbeetle's 2nd helmet which i made last week and decided to use with this because i'm lazy and out of cardstock.

P.S. Sharkhead I hope your dog gets better.

Looks great jtm and ironerd!

@Hanzsel yes zabana is actually very generous about his technique. I'm learning a lot from looking at the inside of his helmet, and he has all his PDO's on the first page of one of his threads. ^___^

I haven't started on the boots yet, so if you want to do it I say go for it!

Do you have references? If not, lemme know, I have tons. :D

IronManBoots.flv.jpg

iron-man-final-suit-775052.jpg

iron_man2.jpg

It looks like my dog is getting better, if this continues I think I can get the CHEST piece out to you guys, depending on Dubean's availability. ;)

How do some of you guys feel intimidation wise with this helmet? I'm just looking at the file gonig "Oh geeze....how am I gonna pull this off?"

I finished my scale test, i wasn't thrilled with my build honestly, I kind of screwed up somewhere so one side is more accurate than the other....it's probably based on the way I assembled it....going from jaw, to sides, to back to top. I should probably be more facial, to back, then sides and jaw.

What concerns me are all the very small cuts around the face plate and jaw, they were nearly impossible for me to accurately glue or even try folding the cut line and the fold line were practically a merge.

Maybe tonight I'll give it a good clean look over when I got time, and see what I need to do.

in my opinion the eyes were really intimidating but they were easier than i thought even though they were still hard.but they do come out very well.

P.S. I have big hands so which made it harder

Hikuro said:
How do some of you guys feel intimidation wise with this helmet? I'm just looking at the file gonig "Oh geeze....how am I gonna pull this off?"

I finished my scale test, i wasn't thrilled with my build honestly, I kind of screwed up somewhere so one side is more accurate than the other....it's probably based on the way I assembled it....going from jaw, to sides, to back to top. I should probably be more facial, to back, then sides and jaw.

What concerns me are all the very small cuts around the face plate and jaw, they were nearly impossible for me to accurately glue or even try folding the cut line and the fold line were practically a merge.

Maybe tonight I'll give it a good clean look over when I got time, and see what I need to do.

I feel comfortable with it, then again maybe it's 'cus I made it.... But my technique will make sure they don't merge. I bought drawing paper from some Wal Mart company, then complained to them online that the quality wasn't too good. So they sent me a TON of free drawing paper, called bristol board. That's what I'm using. It's about 1.5x the thickness of cardstock, but is stronger and more durable than cardboard. Amazing stuff, good thing I got it for free, it's usually $10 for 15 sheets of paper lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sharkhead Thanks for your kindly words ;)

I´m happy about your dog getting better, I also own a dog and know what´s that feeling (once he ate a lot chocolate and gets ill :S)

About the boots, take a look at my pdo file, I´ve designed one that can be wear as a shoe. And it makes me also gain 7 cm, once it´s done you can make a mould, place inside glassfiber and fill with resin it, must be strong enough to wear as a shoe instead as a shoe-cover. It was my idea and i think I reach the proposal.

And about my another post i want to apologize for being too rude, sorry :unsure

About your the suit and helmet now i fell my suit will be a piece of junk when finish :pbut for sure my girlfriend will kill me if I starts another one hahaha!!!!

Oh dear,

Zabana, I deeply regret my comments.

I really thought you didn't share your work.

I'm really sorry, it's my mistake.

SORRY !

I immediatly went to therpf.com to check.

I am so wrong.

I'm really sorry.

I had and have huge respect for your skills with pep.

It's all my bad.

It says tons about who you are.

And it says tons about who I am.

I'm so sorry.

Hanzsel said:
Oh dear,

Zabana, I deeply regret my comments.

I really thought you didn't share your work.

I'm really sorry, it's my mistake.

SORRY !

I immediatly went to therpf.com to check.

I am so wrong.

I'm really sorry.

I had and have huge respect for your skills with pep.

It's all my bad.

It says tons about who you are.

And it says tons about who I am.

I'm so sorry.

Thanks a lot Man!!!

No problem at all, again I want to apologize you for my rude words, it´s not usual in me to be in that way but I didn´t want people to think I am something wrong. All of us do mistakes but only a few are brave enough to recognize them, that says a lot about you ;)

I like this kind of community because people uses to help each other and sharing is a must in their credo. And I try to act in consecuence.

The King Cobra said:
I just want to say that I am so appreciated by all of everyone's help in this project. I have been working on a Iron Man picture in my Graphic Arts class and I would like you guys to have it. It may not be the best but I can't think of anything else to give you guys. Thanks! :D

Ironmanwithneck.jpg

(It has my Name and Period Number in the corner. Woops. :p)

Now I have My new desktop wallpaper, thank you King! :D :D :D

Shark, Dubean.

I am about 60 percent though this build now and kinda have a request.

Is there any way to get a version of this but without the grooves in the head, below the ears, beside the outside eyes and the chin details?

I want something that has accurate shape and in 3 parts but something I can run the details with a dremel later.

Let me know.

Any way you could do the unfold dubean? It wouldn't have any of the grooves... but would still be in 3 separate pieces.
sharkhead7854 said:
I can model it out for you, but you'll either have to ask Dubean for an unfold or unfold it yourself. Trust me, you don't want me to do it. XDDD

Back on cam building my size tester.

http://www.stickam.com/ironmanmarkvi

ironerd said:
Any way you could do the unfold dubean? It wouldn't have any of the grooves... but would still be in 3 separate pieces.

i cant do it till tomorrow afternoon... if you can wait till then i'll do it for ya

i am confused at to what that link is..

Argh, back on again, my brother was being stupid, I had to watch him...

Dubean, it's my Live armor making feed.

Everyone can watch me make my Mark VI in real time, and ask questions if they have any in the chat box. I was talking to jtm1997 a few minutes ago. Right now it's just me putting together the size tester, but in the future I'll be doing all the stages of the suit on cam.

Ty sirnaut :)

keith_hendrix said:
Now I have My new desktop wallpaper, thank you King! :D :D :D

I hope you like it Keith :D. It not the most accurate helmet (unlike sharkheads) but its one of the only things I can do to say thanks for dubean and sharkhead making this amazing suit. Thanks again guys ;)

Awesome files Shark! I'm glad there's a tester model out, GREAT IDEA! I've built about 8 helmets now of varying detail and size (mainly cause the size is too small). Took a little break from the helmet and have started on dancingfool's chest piece (after seeing Finhead's work in person.) I wish there were a tester model for every model! After getting most of it done...it seems a little too big (scaled it up 17%).

Are you planning on making a tester model for the chest? Just curious. Again, AWESOME WORK!

The Ninja said:
Awesome files Shark! I'm glad there's a tester model out, GREAT IDEA! I've built about 8 helmets now of varying detail and size (mainly cause the size is too small). Took a little break from the helmet and have started on dancingfool's chest piece (after seeing Finhead's work in person.) I wish there were a tester model for every model! After getting most of it done...it seems a little too big (scaled it up 17%).

Are you planning on making a tester model for the chest? Just curious. Again, AWESOME WORK!

Actually the chest piece shouldn't need a size tester. The way I modeled it, it's high-def low poly, if that makes sense. It should be easy for Dubean to unfold it in a way that takes very few pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back