Iron Man Mark 6 Hd Pepakura Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
bollomonkey
Dude! are u talking about me!!
Let me know if I can help!! ;)
Wel bollo ifyou think you can help I'm lookin for someone to do the helmet for me while I work on the other pieces. I can more than likely compensate for the work, just dunno what would be appropriate compensation.

awhile back on the old 405th (few months back) i came across a postof a guy who said he had a friend in stan winston studios (F.Y.I they made the ironman suit ) and he told him the color was called kandies automotive wild cherry metallic. hope this helps

I find this info confusing....as dealing with automotive paints myself on a regular basis. Candy is translucent. Metallic is not. Tompkins this is not a smack in anyway to you. I mean no dis-respect & hope it comes across like I intend it to, just helping color hunters understand paint terms

Here is a link to an accurate Cherry Red http://www.houseofkolor.com/speedshapes/speedshapes_urethanes.jsp# UK03, possibly sprayed over a Silver Metallic base. As the pic in the link is over HouseofKolor's Orion Silver as shown. Now you do have intensifiers and flake or pearls that can be added.

I find this info confusing....as dealing with automotive paints myself on a regular basis. Candy is translucent. Metallic is not. Tompkins this is not a smack in anyway to you. I mean no dis-respect & hope it comes across like I intend it to, just helping color hunters understand paint terms

Here is a link to an accurate Cherry Red http://www.houseofkolor.com/speedshapes/speedshapes_urethanes.jsp# UK03, possibly sprayed over a Silver Metallic base. As the pic in the link is over HouseofKolor's Orion Silver as shown. Now you do have intensifiers and flake or pearls that can be added.

So you're saying if we bought the Orion Silver and Wild Cherry, achieve the exact colors in that picture? And what are the intensifiers, flake, and pearls that you speak of?

So you're saying if we bought the Orion Silver and Wild Cherry, achieve the exact colors in that picture? And what are the intensifiers, flake, and pearls that you speak of?

If you used the Orion Silver as a BaseCoat, then shot the Wild Cherry Kandy over it yes you would achieve that finish. Most Kandys you put 4-6 passes of Kandy over your Basecoat.

FLAKES (F, MF, and UMF)
House of Kolor flakes are the best money can buy. They are ultra-thin, easier to smooth out and have tremendous sparkle! Add them to any of our clears or Kandys for some additional flash. Available in an array of colors, and three different sizes: a standard coarse flake, a fine mini flake and an even finer ultra-mini flake.

ICE PEARLS™ (IP)
Ice Pearls glass flake pigments go beyond what traditional pearls offer in vibrance, brilliance, and sparkle–especially under sunlight conditions. Ice Pearls™ can be used with any of our SHIMRIN® bases, Kandys, Klears, or Kustom bases to give a brilliant glitter effect.

INTENSIFIER KANDY KONCENTRATE (KK)
Use to enrich any of our Kosmic Kolor Urethane Enamel Kandys or Kustom Kolor Acrylic Lacquer Kandys. Our intensifiers reduce the number of coats required to color match an exterior finish. Works great on door jambs, under the hood and in trunk areas. Is also great for small parts, and motorcycles, when time is a factor. Can also be used with SG100 or our lacquer clears for multi-colored artwork.

Taken straight from HouseofKolor's site

See my helmet thread and you will get the exact paint brand, color, and chip samples, as well as a link to order! Legacy/ Stan winston's MK VI, and II are Listed!

If you used the Orion Silver as a BaseCoat, then shot the Wild Cherry Kandy over it yes you would achieve that finish. Most Kandys you put 4-6 passes of Kandy over your Basecoat.

FLAKES (F, MF, and UMF)
House of Kolor flakes are the best money can buy. They are ultra-thin, easier to smooth out and have tremendous sparkle! Add them to any of our clears or Kandys for some additional flash. Available in an array of colors, and three different sizes: a standard coarse flake, a fine mini flake and an even finer ultra-mini flake.

ICE PEARLS™ (IP)
Ice Pearls glass flake pigments go beyond what traditional pearls offer in vibrance, brilliance, and sparkle–especially under sunlight conditions. Ice Pearls™ can be used with any of our SHIMRIN® bases, Kandys, Klears, or Kustom bases to give a brilliant glitter effect.

INTENSIFIER KANDY KONCENTRATE (KK)
Use to enrich any of our Kosmic Kolor Urethane Enamel Kandys or Kustom Kolor Acrylic Lacquer Kandys. Our intensifiers reduce the number of coats required to color match an exterior finish. Works great on door jambs, under the hood and in trunk areas. Is also great for small parts, and motorcycles, when time is a factor. Can also be used with SG100 or our lacquer clears for multi-colored artwork.

Taken straight from HouseofKolor's site

Thanks for the info! From my understanding, it seems like Flakes and Ice Pearls are just sorta like glitter? But then again, I don't know diddly squat about paint. I drive a Honda, and depending on the angle and sunight, I see some "glitter/sparkle." Is that what it is essentially? Like Edwarad Cullen's skin in sunlight?

I did some googling and I was able to find the Kandy Wild Cherry from houseofkolor in spray paint can form, instead of a bucket. I was thinking of buying it, what do you think?

Thanks for the info! From my understanding, it seems like Flakes and Ice Pearls are just sorta like glitter? But then again, I don't know diddly squat about paint. I drive a Honda, and depending on the angle and sunight, I see some "glitter/sparkle." Is that what it is essentially? Like Edwarad Cullen's skin in sunlight?

I did some googling and I was able to find the Kandy Wild Cherry from houseofkolor in spray paint can form, instead of a bucket. I was thinking of buying it, what do you think?

Hahahh That is funny!! Only because this weekend on SIRIUS radio Brody had a 15min bitch session about Real Vampires and the Vamps of Twilight lol.....

As for the spray bomb, it is what it is. However Put all of your effort into the prep work. You can take a world reknowned painter who simply shows up and paints 2 identical cars....1 with 10hrs of prep time and the other with 100hrs of time and the general public would swear it was two diff people....

I would recommend an airbrush, but if you don't have means for a compressor or anything of the nature the spray bomb will do the trick. I recommend taking some time painting misc pieces with cheaper spray paint to get a technique down. Higher number of light passes is always preferred to low number of heave material passes.....Keep in mind the Wild Cherry is a Kandy so its translucent you will need the Orion Silver base. Yes Flake & Pearls are "glitter" for lack of better terms. Flake is more literally glitter with a "hard" sparkle, where as the pearl is more of a SOFT GLOW type of sparkle

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahahh That is funny!! Only because this weekend on SIRIUS radio Brody had a 15min bitch session about Real Vampires and the Vamps of Twilight lol.....

As for the spray bomb, it is what it is. However Put all of your effort into the prep work. You can take a world reknowned painter who simply shows up and paints 2 identical cars....1 with 10hrs of prep time and the other with 100hrs of time and the general public would swear it was two diff people....

I would recommend an airbrush, but if you don't have means for a compressor or anything of the nature the spray bomb will do the trick. I recommend taking some time painting misc pieces with cheaper spray paint to get a technique down. Higher number of light passes is always preferred to low number of heave material passes.....Keep in mind the Wild Cherry is a Kandy so its translucent you will need the Orion Silver base. Yes Flake & Pearls are "glitter" for lack of better terms. Flake is more literally glitter with a "hard" sparkle, where as the pearl is more of a SOFT GLOW type of sparkle

Haha. Thanks for those amazing tips! If you have any more advice/tips shoot it my way, because I'm a total beginner!

Iron,
Anytime feel free to ask if you have something I will try to lend any insight on. Afterall its what we are all here for (well the majority) to all bring something to the table to help one another, & give back

I sadly got hurt at work, so my hand isn't what it use to be while working on it I gotta take frequent breaks : / but I DID start on the helmet again after taking a break on other parts. I got the brow partially finished. Seriously :p to many small fine cuts on this helmet lol it makes me paranoid :eek

hopefully can start it back up and just keep working on what I got and maybe EVENTUALLY finished this damn thing.

Also, I just got my marvel select MKVI figure. It's got some good details on it and if anyone needs photos lemme know and I'll take what I can.

My offer still stands if anyone wants to gimme a hand with the helmet here. I'm trying to finish as many of the pieces I can on my own, but these smaller ones I'm just not able to handle with my hand issue still giving me problems.

Basically just wanting someone to pick up where I left off, then finish all the way to the painting cycle and I think I can handle that part.

Electronics though for the eyes I dunno....btw, speaking of electronics, anyone got some good tips on how to do the face mask and jaw opening? I've seen people do it AFTER the process but unsure of how they went about it as many seem to just skip the information.

Just be awesome to have a fully functional Ironman Helmet and then in time move onto the rest of the body on my own accord.

So yeah, if anyone can help me out and we can discuss the process please email or pm me. Really wanna get this puppy

If you want to create a light for your eyes without slit or holes and look like a real bad ass Iron Man, check my hologram method. Everyone prefers the EL sheet or LED method with slits at the bottom. However, it's effective and easy.

Have you implemented this in your helmet yet? Would it work with someone who's making the faceplate flip up?

My offer still stands if anyone wants to gimme a hand with the helmet here. I'm trying to finish as many of the pieces I can on my own, but these smaller ones I'm just not able to handle with my hand issue still giving me problems.

Basically just wanting someone to pick up where I left off, then finish all the way to the painting cycle and I think I can handle that part.

Electronics though for the eyes I dunno....btw, speaking of electronics, anyone got some good tips on how to do the face mask and jaw opening? I've seen people do it AFTER the process but unsure of how they went about it as many seem to just skip the information.

Just be awesome to have a fully functional Ironman Helmet and then in time move onto the rest of the body on my own accord.

So yeah, if anyone can help me out and we can discuss the process please email or pm me. Really wanna get this puppy .

I dont know what you are talking about and whatever that offer is. But I can offer my assistance, whatever it is. I am unemployed and I'm bored, so Just PM me!

bamp,
Shark, any news on how things are coming between you and bean on the project here? been putting the finishing touches on the helmet, and really excited to get to work on the rest of the suit.

I just finished the tester helmet, and I am convinced something is wrong.

The helmet is really big!

It measures aprox 32cm (12in) from side to side, and 22cm (9in) from top of head to bottom of cheek, and it is 16cm (6in) wide. Does this sound right to you guys?

Here are some pictures:

4843713262_121f38573f_b.jpg

4843713000_c15822edec_b.jpg

4843097809_14bbf8c58d_b.jpg

As I understand it this helmet, when put together, has 2 parts? The face plate and the rest of the helmet, but when you glue the pep pieces together do you end up gluing the face plate to the rest of the helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back