Iron Man Mark 6 Hd Pepakura Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zorens said:
On page 7, my last post there. I have the T-600 terminator mask. It's using a hologram system to light up the eyes. It's a cool method if you want to mask your flesh. I am implementing that hologram thing to my Iron Man helm. A better version too.

I just don't like the EL or LED sheet idea. You have to put a slit or hole at the bottom in order for you to see. I would use this method as a last resort.

Oh, yes... I must have misinterpreted that diagram the first time I saw it.

That is a beautiful design, I'll start on it now and see how it looks in my old beat up War Machine helmet as a test.

Great idea!

Last edited by a moderator:
sharkhead7854 said:
Oh, yes... I must have misinterpreted that diagram the first time I saw it.

That is a beautiful design, I'll start on it now and see how it looks in my old beat up War Machine helmet as a test.

Great idea!

Go to local toy store or Toy R Us. It's too expensive to buy it, but if you can test it there it would make more sense. Maybe, I can let you borrow mine if you don't want to shell $30 for it. I can share a lot of techs here specially motorized open face plate. This is not my work or pictures, but I know this very well. It's pretty neat but I just don't like the idea of cords hangout at the back of your head. I am trying to improve this by coming up with other solutions. If you can find a very tiny servo with tons of torque, everything will be solved. I'm really hoping this thread will grow, and people can share their method so that all problems can be solved quickly.

p161901261209.jpg

p1112230510.jpg

p111201230510.jpg

mjolnir follower said:
nice idead zorens, might use it in conjunction with sharkheads.

Thanks.

By the way, since it's using two servos, you may want to use this dual servo driver. My link

Just make the cords longer to your desire. It's pretty cool you can add joystick to it. I am thinking of putting this to my war machine minigun.

Are u using Blender to create your work?

If you can use help I'd love to.

I don't have any skills in blender worth mentioning (yet), but I'working on it.

I want to build a complete (!) suit and I wan't to make it as accurate as possible.

Progress is and will be slow because I have little time to spare.

But I'm dedicated to making a nice piece.

By the way;

Are you guys able to put your head in the helmet straight away?

If so I need a helmet that's huge!

I could use a little advice.

Rawr! *back*

No! You should not be able to fit your head in without modding the size tester. Finish it, cut a seam in it somewhere (jaw piece, back of the helmet) and try to put your head in. I'm putting the size tester together right now, and it looks like to default scaling size that Dubean33 has made will work fine for most people. On the final piece, the helmet, jaw, and faceplate are all separate pieces. You can put the helmet on, then clip the others together.

EDIT:

Actually I'm using 3D Studio Max 9, but files are interchangeable. I'm pretty sure both programs will use OBJ files at least. If you want to help, just tell me what you think you can do and I'll point you in a direction. :)

sharkhead7854 said:
I have it in the modeling stage for Mark VI, which suit are you looking for?

mark 6 abs would be great just one question ...will they articulate?

Yes sir, that's what I meant, working on articulating mark 6. :)

I'm almost done with it, the torso and chest pieces will probably be released around the same time.

Sharkhead your new helmet it's so gorgeous and perfect it's the sistine chapel of the iron man helmets

very , very cool i must say.

Zorens said:
Go to local toy store or Toy R Us. It's too expensive to buy it, but if you can test it there it would make more sense. Maybe, I can let you borrow mine if you don't want to shell $30 for it. I can share a lot of techs here specially motorized open face plate. This is not my work or pictures, but I know this very well. It's pretty neat but I just don't like the idea of cords hangout at the back of your head. I am trying to improve this by coming up with other solutions. If you can find a very tiny servo with tons of torque, everything will be solved. I'm really hoping this thread will grow, and people can share their method so that all problems can be solved quickly.

p161901261209.jpg

p1112230510.jpg

p111201230510.jpg

Hi!

That´s my old system. I had change it to this new one:

I do neither like servos on back instead inside the helmet, but btw my actual helmet it´s too tiny to place inside. I´m designing new pep helmet that will be pretty big to place inside so I will solve the problem once the helmet is done and I will share again all the process.

For controlling the servos I will suggest arduino nano, it´s pretty small and you will be able of controlling leds too and it´s easy to program the code. And in final case I can do as well for you guys...

About the servos... the problem is that once the servos are upper than 1.5- 2kilos of torque they go to 2cm width and they need to rotate the arm so helmet need to be bigger inside. Or you can modify to act like a linear actuator.

Ops, I almost forget:

You guys rock, this new helmet and unfold is amazing!!!!

P.S. Zorens: No ofense but please next time give some credit to my name with my pics, no problem at all in to be used by anothers ;)

Heheh, I'm going with a more manual method. The same way you hooked your faceplate up to your servos, I'm going to run line through a kind of belt structure, so I can pull a string subtly and have it lift/drop.

Is there a specific tutorial SOMEWHERE about servoing up and hinging the faceplate? I see so many pictures but I'm totally unsure of where to start!

sharkhead7854 said:
EDIT

Last ever model of the Iron Man helmet by me. ^___^

Improvements:

- Grooves modeled in around the helmet for assured symmetry and placement

- Eye slats put into the helmet and tray for light source

- General shape has been corrected

- Bottom lip has been slightly raised for accuracy, and middle indent has been placed

- Top trapezoid on the back of the helmet has been placed

- Comes in 3 pieces, the jaw, crown and faceplate

- CHEEK GEAR DETAILS ADDED

- Forehead piece is now a vent, it goes into the helmet

- Ears are 1 solid pepakura piece

Can be downloaded HERE

Size tester HERE

New feature: You can scale your helmet the same size as you've scaled your Dungbeetle helmet, if you've build one!

Thanks to Dubean33 for wicked unfolding, pointing out flaws along the way, and for the size tester!

All Mark VI pieces will be placed here in the 1st post.

[

Me rambling about the changes to this new helmet, and shows an exploded view. lol

I'm Not sure if I missed it but about what size is the helmet currently at I'm 5'5 I just wanted to know if I need to scale it up or down.

Man, I love you guys so much! Thank you Sharkhead and Dubean for blessing us with the best Iron Man helmet ever!!!

Ok, I'm calmed down a little now :p. But, seriously, thank you guys for all the great work you do. Can't wait for the rest.

LOWRESTESTSCALEMK6.jpg

LOWRESTTESTSCALEMK690COMPLETE.jpg

About as far as I got on the scale test. I think, maybe 5mm or so more and it'll fit perfectly. It's a fairly tight fit even for a scale test.

Hikuro said:
LOWRESTESTSCALEMK6.jpg

LOWRESTTESTSCALEMK690COMPLETE.jpg

About as far as I got on the scale test. I think, maybe 5mm or so more and it'll fit perfectly. It's a fairly tight fit even for a scale test.

Well then, good thing you had a size tester. I'd hurt someone if I got that far on the HD and realized it was too small. XD

TO WATCH ME BUILD ARMOR CLICK HERE

It's just the size tester for now but all live armor making sessions will be held here.

BaronVonReicher said:
Total noob question: What's a size tester and what does it do?

It's a very very low quality version of the piece you're making, that way you can make sure it's the right size before you make the real one. The helmet we released is VERY hard to put together, it'll suck if someone starts making it and they find out it's too small or too big. So my buddy Dubean took the 3d model of my helmet, and simplified it to its in like 10 pieces instead of like 70.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back