Resin Hardner In Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jico

Hello 405th:) I had a little accident today:p I was mixing up some rondo for my noble six helmet. I was just to add the resin hardner when it splashed into the cup and a big amount got in my eye:

dscn0865q.jpg

My camera is not that great, but if you can see that my left eye is very red. I had to go see a doctor :p

SO WEAR EYE PROTECTION AT ALL TIMES WHEN YOU WORK WITH RESIN OR ANY OTHER DANGEROUS MATEREAL.

btw my eye is fine now :) I had to flush my eye with some strange waterXD

Thank for your time^_^

pictures of helmet soon;)

It hurts getting resin in your eyes :) I remember when the resin splashed and got in my eyes :( Burnt my Cornea, not very fun :D Glad your ok

I don't think that the safety hazards of working with polyester resins and their catalysts can be overstated. The hardener, or catalyst, is Methyl Ethyl ketone Peroxide. This stuff is nasty. It is toxic and a skin and eye irritant. Gloves and eye protection should be worn whenever handling this stuff. Don't mess around with your health and safety. The first thing you should do if you get something like this in your eyes is to flush with running water for 15 minutes. That strange water you used was probably a saline solution, BTW.

I am pretty sure that it mentions in the tutorials when working with this stuff to wear eye protection. You are working with some pretty nasty chemicals so you should ALWAYS be wearing eye protection when working with this. Even when you are on the sanding stage...........wear eye protection!! If a good wind gust comes along, that dust can blow into your eyes. Really, it should sort of be common sense to wear eye protection when using this stuff. :p

UNSC_Leatherneck said:
The first thing you should do if you get something like this in your eyes is to flush with running water for 15 minutes. That strange water you used was probably a saline solution, BTW.

I flushed my eye for like 30minsXD Now I never use this stuff without eye protection!:) Thanks guys for all the compassion^^

Last edited by a moderator:
When I read the title of the topic I almost freaked!! I'm so glad to know you're okay!

You can never be too careful!

A couple years back I was mixing some paint to spray a car and got a "healthy" amount of paint thinner in my eyes and thought they were literally going to burn out of my head,(not fun)! Glad to hear you are ok, I feel your pain! :eek :eek :D

Omg Very lucky that nothing happened.

Last Year, I got wrong resin (i mean it was a special resin i found in a shop for Model building)

my hand burned and bubbles was coming out.

Adam said:
WEAR GOGGLES AND A MASK. ALWAYS.

Yes, I second and third and fourth that motion! Sucks that you have to learn the hard way before you do what you know is already right?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back