Pepakura Reach Marine Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

fat hi555

Hi,

I've modeled a reach marine helmet. but I don't think its game accurate.

I just used one reference picture.

reachmarine-1.jpg

http://www.4shared.com/file/4lvBCVLY/reachmarine.html

EDIT:
Here's version 2.
Apparently the first one was based on a fan made picture or something.

Already unfolded by Jico!

reachmarine2.jpg

Here it is

http://www.4shared.com/file/H_nM6FI5/halo_reach_marine_helmet.html

Thanks!

It's not too bad. It's more than I can do! XD haha But I noticed that there are some areas on your model that were added and don't need to be there. Also, it looks a bit narrow.

Okay, I just opened it up in pepakura and it's VERY narrow. I don't know how well that would fit someone's face! XD lol

HaloGoddess said:
But I noticed that there are some areas on your model that were added and don't need to be there.

Can you tell me which part it is? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
That set of reference is not officially from Bungie, it was from an artist's portfolio. It's based on a piece of concept art and is a model the artist made as an example. It's not accurate to the final in-game design, I've seen it floated around here several times now so I think I'll have to upload all the trooper reference I have so people will stop referencing that...

In the meantime This gallery I posted is of the MP helmet from the Beta, it is very very close to the trooper helmet. Just don't model the face section (visor and face shield) and it's a good base to use.

The model you made is a good start though, nice work.

Ruze789 said:
That set of reference is not officially from Bungie, it was from an artist's portfolio. It's based on a piece of concept art and is a model the artist made as an example.

Thanks I'll try modeling a new one with those reference pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright,

due to what Ruze789 said,

I'll be remodeling the reach marine helmet from the given pictures.

Here's what I have so far

reachmarine1.jpg

Got the top front part done, now modeling the back.

Stay tune for the file!

That's it for now.

i am building a Reach Marine in lieu of my spartan III build, due to time constraints and cost before the actual game is released. i'm pepping the Forward Unto Dawn Trooper helmet, but i'd love to have a backup in case my friends want to make one as well. I cannot wait to see this model unfolded, as it seems a little more fun to add the details myself, rather than hope the pepakura will take care of them for me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back