Half Life 2 - Gordon Freeman HEV Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mage26

This is my first build, something I've wanted to do for a long time. I'm hoping to have it done for San Diego Comic Con. I've got all the pieces pepped and I'm in the process of resining and fiberglassing. Just looking for a place I can get feedback and advice.

And a huge shout out to Nugget, Loess, and Null for their work creating the peps.

all-small.jpg

front-small.jpg

back-small.jpg

Hey there! That looks like the .pdo files I was looking for.

Do you know who created them, so I could ask for a copy? I've found links to a thread, but they're broken ATM.

Coooooooooooooooooooool.... I really want to see it finished... keep posting here photos and you have to do a gravity gun too.... or a portal gun hahaha....

awesome Half-life is one of my favorite games i never got to play 2 :( do you have half life 1 HEV suit files??...i wonder if we are ever going to get a real movie?? didnt purchasbrothers from youtube get a contract???

Well, I've got a week until my deadline of Comic Con, and I thought I'd post an update on my progress.

All my arm pieces are bondo'd and ready for paint. The chest and shins are bondo'd, but need need putty and more smoothing. The upper legs and belt are resined, glassed, and sanded, but not bondo'd or smoothed. All the pieces except the belt and the biceps need to be hinged in order to put them on. I've got rare earth magnets to do this. I've got a zentai suit I plan to wear under the armor and use foam for kevlar-like sections.

Here are the arm pieces, which I believe are ready for paint.

biceps%201.jpg

biceps%202.jpg

arms%201.jpg

arms%202.jpg

arms%203.jpg

Looks like you're moving along nicely, and it's looking pretty good so far. Keep going, I want to see more!

This looks absolutely awesome so far - srsly. Definitely post photos when it's complete!

( I'll have a mooch about to see if I can find photos if you have already posted some.... )

Well, I finished building the parts for my costume in time for Comic Con. Unfortunately, it didnt work out like I had hoped.
1. The parts didnt fit on me right, even though I'd fit them to my body when I was done pepping them. Lesson learned: pep the parts to bigger than you need. You can always add padding.

2. I didnt really have a solid plan for how I was keeping the parts on my body. There's lots of tutorials on how to strap Halo armor, but I had to guess at the best way to keep these parts on me. (Velcro isnt strong enough).

3. Once I did manage to get the parts on me, it was very difficult to move. I could barely walk and I couldnt sit down without some major effort.

4. My parts were too brittle. I took off the upper leg pieces and got on the shuttle to go to the con. I leaned against the side of the bus and part of the chest snapped off. I went back to the hotel and changed. That night I fixed it with some duct tape and went second day with only the chest piece.

The undersuit was a black Zentai suit. The "padding" was foam cut into the shapes, covered with pantyhose, and spraypainted black.

37703_954504887498_10722116_51217346_233025_n.jpg

35257_954505765738_10722116_51217385_1972139_n.jpg

Looks great, now the only thing left to do is to smack that head-crab with the crowbar, and save your friend :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back