Iron Man Mark 4 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!

I'm wanting to build a suit of Iron Man armor. I'm currently working on sharkhead's mark 6 helmet for my suit, but I was wondering if you guys could help me find the rest of the suit. I want to use Dancin_Fool's files from the 3D Model thread, but I'm unsure as to if they're Mark 4... Could someone help me out??

Also, I'd appreciate it if you guys could help me locate threads and posts with Mark 4 files, so that I'll have files for a full suit. I don't mind having to to mix'n'match with different threads, just as long as I can access all of the pieces. I apologize in advance for being lazy and not spending a lot of time looking for them myself, but I'm taking college classes in the mornings and working in the afternoons, so when I get home I don't really have a lot of time to spend on the computer...

Anyway, any help you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

EDIT: I found some fantastic MK IV and VI files by robo3687 from the RPF. Anyone know if he's on 405th?
http://www.therpf.com/f24/robo3687s...16-6-supports-now-available-first-post-88147/

I already started to work on a MK3 because i couldn't find MK4 files, but robo3687's files are pretty nice. I think i will change my projectdirection.

Thank you for the link Baron!

@seb, You're welcome! The only problem with robo's files is that he hasn't posted pdo's for the legs down. I think he's still working on them. And last I heard, he was making alternate abs and cods for those of us with a <34 inch waist.

Ok, so I've constructed sharkhead's Iron Man helmet size testers
IronManTesters.jpg

They are default (1), .95, and .8, respectively. I had to tear open the .8 jaw just to get my head in, lol.

EDIT: Yes, the date stamp of my camera is incorrect. I'll fix that for future pics. I'm currently working on the HD helmet, scaled to .90

Good luck , i am making the MK IV myself and i am currently at the back. I am using robo's files as well. I have to make a WIP thread as soon as possible in this forum too! Anyways good luck again!

Oh geeze! I can't believe this thread's almost a year old! Well, I finally have an update. I'm ashamed to say, I pepped this I guess sometime last October and I've just now gotten around to posting this. Just a note, this was my very first pep attempt so it's not that great. I'm hoping to finish the rest of the helmet in the coming weeks.

100_0359.jpg

100_0358.jpg

100_0357.jpg

100_0360.jpg

Lol! I love how you posted July of '10. Looks good for a first pep. 1 tip, when you're using hot glue, use a tiny strip. By strip, I mean push down on the paper and run the glue acrossed. It works for me.

Lol! I love how you posted July of '10. Looks good for a first pep. 1 tip, when you're using hot glue, use a tiny strip. By strip, I mean push down on the paper and run the glue acrossed. It works for me.

haha! Well, my summer job and school hardly left me ANY time to work on it, but I managed a little pep time every now-and-then.
Thanks for the tip. I've since moved on to using super glue, but I've still got a bunch of hot glue so I'll keep that in mind.

for using hot glue, thats pretty clean.. not sure if you're getting a mess of strands but keep up the good work :) robo's files for the Mark IV are great, currently using those as well for my own Mk IV.
May I suggest using Zabana's hand files, they are perfect for an Iron Man/War Machine build and its great if you like pepping challenges lol

honest opinion: Use Craft glue/ Tacky Glue next time. I think it could've been a lot better job if you used that.

Thanks guys for all of the comments and tips.

@Spektrum917, where did you get Zabana's hand files? Last time I saw pics of them (maybe a month ago?), he said he was still working on them.

@VersionUp, tell me more about this Craft glue/Tacky glue. How long does it take to dry? I've started using super glue (a.k.a. Krazy glue) due to its super quick drying time, as opposed to regular Elmer's which I would think takes at least a minute.

Thanks guys for all of the comments and tips.

@Spektrum917, where did you get Zabana's hand files? Last time I saw pics of them (maybe a month ago?), he said he was still working on them.

@VersionUp, tell me more about this Craft glue/Tacky glue. How long does it take to dry? I've started using super glue (a.k.a. Krazy glue) due to its super quick drying time, as opposed to regular Elmer's which I would think takes at least a minute.

it's not like crazy glue. Go to an art store, and ask for craft glue. The most popular brand is Aleene's. Takes like a few seconds to dry, and it dries harder than regular school glue.

it's not like crazy glue. Go to an art store, and ask for craft glue. The most popular brand is Aleene's. Takes like a few seconds to dry, and it dries harder than regular school glue.

Yeah I googled it and saw Aleene's pop up immediately. I think I'll give it a try! It doesn't make you stick to yourself or the pep in progress like super glue does it?

Alright, next time I'm in the big city I'll grab some... Unless Wal-Mart has it; would Wal-Mart have it?
Anyway, thanks again for the tip!

Walmart has craft glue in the craft section next to the mod-podge stuff and the wooden models, but they have elmer's craft not aleene's, but elmer's craft glue worked great for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back