the 308-er's projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

the 308er

just playing around, painted my m6g, and am working on a full Noble 6.... started a mk vi, but decided that the reach armour is much cooler, so I'm going to finish out Noble 6, also made Trando (434?) a pep marine helmet and will reinforce it for him...
pics of pistol and armour
cimg2418.jpg

some pep...
cimg2419.jpg

mk vi chest, will replace with reach (mk V?)
and dun dun dun dun dun! my M6G - made completely from a couple 2X4's and a small piece of 1/2 inch plywood... I only used a bow saw, a chisel/hammer, and a file to shape it, so I am pretty proud...
cimg24231.jpg

cimg2426.jpg

and I am leaning towards trying a polyurethane strengthening setup, with jute fibers to eliminate need for most safety equipment, and since I have a somewhat significant stock, I could do this most cost efficiently.... I would love to hear any thoughts about this.....

Is the pistol gold? Thats really tight with the design! I heard you were gonna start a vacu-from table, if you can get good at it, it could be pretty substantial! BTW I told you that urethane was gonna get expensive, its becasue it is a by product of oil manufacturing, and with the whole BP thing its not helping prices

Is the pistol gold? Thats really tight with the design! I heard you were gonna start a vacu-from table, if you can get good at it, it could be pretty substantial! BTW I told you that urethane was gonna get expensive, its becasue it is a by product of oil manufacturing, and with the whole BP thing its not helping prices
well, the pistol is just wood, but i painted it to make it pretty :) and the vacu-former is coming along nicely.... after about an hour of work, i set up a table as a test that, with my 3 hp shop vac, could prolly hold anything up to 6"x12"..... i need to find a suitable heating element and buy some styrene, but i am working on a very low budget.... eventually i hope to have a 2'x2' table for my vacuforming pleasure, i also figured that i could fit almost any armour half piece on that area... i also managed to build a kukri out of wood, so i'll get pics up as soon as i find a camera....
EDIT: here the pics are...
REACH shins
cimg2441.jpg

a mini reach torso, that i'm going to dress up for my little sister...
cimg2442.jpg

some stencils i made and painted with...
cimg2456.jpg

my wooden kukri
cimg2450.jpg

and its handle closeup
cimg2452.jpg

and my vacuformer... it is just a 6"x12"table now, but once i figure out a plastic melting apparatus, i will build a 2'by2' model...
cimg2455.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back