LongShot-X's Mark VI HD MJOLNIR Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
To edit your title (And to the rest of you forum-goers, a working editor) -- Hit edit, then "Go Advanced" On the bottom right. Edit the title (up top) and save. Ta-daa! (It's also spelled MJOLNIR, All Caps, as was the Hammer of Thor, the god of thunder, but the caps is merely a formality.)

Also, +1 BAMF for Nil Edge ID's. Kick ass work you've done; Can't wait to see it glassed, bondoed and painted

Protip: For rigidity in the HD pieces, go for cloth and press it into the sharp creases, along with liberal amounts of resin. For Overall stability, at the cost of rigidity and part endurance (they can be dinged really easily), Set the crease to level, pour resin into it, and paint on fiberglass mat or cloth. This method is time-consuming, as you have to wait for the resin to cure before tilting or tipping the piece, or air voids will develop.

Above all else, Have fun doing it!

Thanks cneyrinck! That spelling error really bugging me.
Also, I'll try out your "Protip" with regards to resin/fiberglassing.

OK... let's see if this corrects the spelling error in the thread.

Rearanged the garage work area for Resin, bondo, sanding and painting. Used plastic garbage bags for the backdrop. Perfect for the photo shoots.
im000792.jpg

Will be getting back to the folding and gluing after I have finished pre-cutting and creasing.

Rearanged the garage work area for Resin, bondo, sanding and painting. Used plastic garbage bags for the backdrop. Perfect for the photo shoots.
im000792.jpg

Will be getting back to the folding and gluing after I have finished pre-cutting and creasing.

That's something I gotta do with my Garage. lol I have one car in the garage already and only enough room just as big as a bathroom to work in. Good idea on the garbage bags, need to start using them to cover my work space. :D

Your pep work looks awsome by the way.

LOL... I have a car in here too! Had to move it and squeeze it against the wall to free up more room. It (the car) rarely gets used.
As for the garbage bags, there cheap, disposable and work well.

Thanks for the compliment! :)

Progress update:
Updated website (link is in my sig)

Finished pepping the Left High Def Wrist Plate. Again No edge ID #'s
img00012318.jpg

Pic of me in my "Bunny suit". Showing off the Helm with its 1st coat of resin.
im000796.jpg

Next step is to Pep the Right Wrist Plate.

Hey Doc, your handplate is backwards, that will not look good on inspection... not good at all... hmm hmm...
lol JK
But yeah the handplate goes the other way
Your still doing an amazing job!!!! and with no edge ID you now get the rank...
Mind: Blown

DOH! No worries. It'll be put on the correct way. I did not have a reference handy when I took that pic. LOL
I'll make sure that the next pics will have it the right way.
:)

how did you put the visor in your helmet? did you glue it in?
i know the file doesnt connect the visor to the helmet

I lightly taped both sides of the paper visor to the helm with scotch tape. I did that to hide the supports and mess on the inside.

Progress Update

Finished pepping the Right Wrist Plate. This time I'm wearing it the correct way! :rolleyes
img00012351.jpg

Cod Piece is next!

ah. ya thats a good idea. did you resin the visor in the helmet? or did you take the visor out before resining?

I took the visor out before resining. BUT I did not resin the visor itself... I did not find it nessessary.

Great job man! Can't wait to start a helmet just hoping it turns out half as good as yours! just wondering why you would put the peps together without the id's? It's not ganna effect the final result but it will save you time, just my two cents. Well can't wait to see the final results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back