LongShot-X's Mark VI HD MJOLNIR Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Longshot, I had a great idea that I think will be cool. I wanna build a Mk VI based off of yours, but have it painted metallic gold. Would that fly well, do you think, or would I be mocked as a bumble bee? I just thought I'd throw that into the digital void and see what happened and what kind of input I got. I post this here because I am going to construct it after the fashion that you did yours, so I am eagerly awaiting the tutorials. Good luck, and keep things real!

Well, Longshot, I had a great idea that I think will be cool. I wanna build a Mk VI based off of yours, but have it painted metallic gold. Would that fly well, do you think, or would I be mocked as a bumble bee? I just thought I'd throw that into the digital void and see what happened and what kind of input I got. I post this here because I am going to construct it after the fashion that you did yours, so I am eagerly awaiting the tutorials. Good luck, and keep things real!

All I have to say 'is to each his own.' Everyone has their own way they want their armor to look. If you want to paint it metallic gold then thats your choice and nobody else's.

I agree!

I kinda keep thinking of gold and in C3PO gold. It would certainly look more robot like. Then again.. there are different kinds of gold colors out there.
I would love to see a color sketch up of what this would look like... Sounds exciting!

FYI: I'm still dealing with personal/computer/moving/work issues at the moment. I have not given up on doing more stuff here... its just that everything seem'd to have hit the fan for November and now it seems to be spreading into December. The good news is that I started making preparations to do the much anticipated LED tutorial. I have made some space and I manage to find my camera and tripod... now I just need to find and unpack the rest of the tools/parts/equipment and start doing it.

Cheers!

Whew. Well I marathoned through this thread last night/this morning. I can tell you awesome job, but you know that already... but hell. Still. Awesome job!

Y'know when you're wearing the suit without the helmet, it confirms something I always suspected. Gordon Freeman is Master Chief! I KNEW IT! Hah, but seriously, first thing I thought when I saw you in it.

I have a question though. Well, two. Both related to the expanding foam. First... I don't get why you used it on the helmet. I know there's a reason but I never really saw what it was. You put it in around the visor, then cut the visor free, and I don't really know why.

Second, after you foamed the toe onto your boot, I saw the toe again later and it looked like there was no foam on it at all when you showed an image of the toe-piece off the boot. Does it (the foam) all stay stuck to the boot, or...?

And also, huge props, more than for the armor, for how you detailed everything and kept on top of questions. Stand-up contribution to the community, and that takes a lot more than it does, I think, to make a piece of armor. Hats off.

Liq is correct. The expanding foam is to help make the visor fit the CURVATURE of the helmet and give it a more form fitting look to it.

I also use that same foam stuff for the toe caps on the boots. Those toe caps are permanently stuck to the boot. ---AND--- I must say even after playing soccer with childeren, they are still quite sturdy. No problems to report with the foaming of the boots process as of this writing.

Master Chief played soccer with children. I totally wish I had been in on that game, lol. And, Longshot, don't rush yourself with trying to do all at once, I was just wondering when you were coming back. No rush. It's the holidays anyway.

Master Chief played soccer with children. I totally wish I had been in on that game, lol. And, Longshot, don't rush yourself with trying to do all at once, I was just wondering when you were coming back. No rush. It's the holidays anyway.

Thanks Sean! It's great to be back. Finaly 100% moved out of the old place too.

Actually I was just taking/making pics and videos of how I get into my suit. ---And--- guess what... lol... It's decorated with ribbons, Santa hat and such. Pics taken and will be posted here.

Cheers!

"Santa Chief" at the Mission Candle Light Parade

I had the opportunity to attend one of my other favorite events at my town... The "Mission Candle Light Parade"

Master Chief (Santa Chief) got all decorated and showed up as a spectator. That way, I could mingle with the crowd. The parade had not yet started, but the main street was free for anyone to freely walk around. I chose to walk in the center and show off my stuff. Ambient temperature was 1deg celsius. I was perfectly warm and snug with all the armor and padding. Unfortunatly I forgot to turn on the front chest LED's. LOL

Lots of people came to me and wanted a High Five, a Hug, a Kiss or a Picture. I could not believe the sheer # of people that wanted to do this. Everyone was looking at me. It was an incredible experience. --- More pics coming soon.

dsc_0024.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
EPIC AWESOMENESS!! I am now jealous. That's the perfect jig for those of us with attention deficiency. :p

"Santa Chief" at the Mission Candle Light Parade

I had the opportunity to attend one of my other favorite events at my town... The "Mission Candle Light Parade"

Master Chief (Santa Chief) got all decorated and showed up as a spectator. That way, I could mingle with the crowd. The parade had not yet started, but the main street was free for anyone to freely walk around. I chose to walk in the center and show off my stuff. Ambient temperature was 1deg celsius. I was perfectly warm and snug with all the armor and padding. Unfortunatly I forgot to turn on the front chest LED's. LOL

Lots of people came to me and wanted a High Five, a Hug, a Kiss or a Picture. I could not believe the sheer # of people that wanted to do this. Everyone was looking at me. It was an incredible experience. --- More pics coming soon.

dsc_0024.jpg

Cheers!

It looks like you had a lot of fun. Merry Christmas Santa Chief! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow..... just wow. I just read through your entire W.I.P. thread between yesterday and today, and I am speechless. I'm an official member of the Mandalorian Mercs, and I've seen some amazing costumes. Yours is by far in the top rankings! With your interests in the Star Wars Universe, you should strongly consider checking out this site. You definitely have the work ethic and potential to get official there in no time. Thanks to this thread, I just picked up some card stock, a glue gun, glue, and an exacto knife so I can try my hand at getting some armor pepped between finals. My screen name is the same on Mercs if you want to look me up on there. Again, amazing build! Keep up the good work!

I'm doing a lot of browsing, looking for the best suits and picking up ideas to look further into. From what I've read, your suit is top notch... Unfortunately, I can't see any pictures and your site is apparently down, as well.

I admit I haven't read more than a tithe of the posts in this string. Did I miss something?

I'm looking forward to getting to drool over your work...

I'm doing a lot of browsing, looking for the best suits and picking up ideas to look further into. From what I've read, your suit is top notch... Unfortunately, I can't see any pictures and your site is apparently down, as well.

I admit I haven't read more than a tithe of the posts in this string. Did I miss something?

I'm looking forward to getting to drool over your work...

It should be back up and running now. Server had an update and needed to reboot. It took its time rebooting.

Hey Longshot your idea to use rare earth magnets to hold your chest armor together gave me an idea of how to use them another way. I plan to use rare earth magnets to attach the different armor attachments to my armor. Like the shoulder armor pieces, so that they can be inter changeable. Just one question, how and where can I get rare earth magnets and lots of them?

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the comments. I'll post my answers to your questions on sunday... as for right now, I'm getting Chief ready to go out and about at the malls to help celebrate the holiday spirit.

img00011459.jpg

AKA: SANTA CHIEF

Cheers!

Be sure to take pics. Lots of pics. Your suit is deserving of thousands of pictures.

And why the F isn't this in the "Elite Showcase"? For a non-molded armor, this is absolutely incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back