LongShot-X's Mark VI HD MJOLNIR Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job man! Can't wait to start a helmet just hoping it turns out half as good as yours! just wondering why you would put the peps together without the id's? It's not ganna effect the final result but it will save you time, just my two cents. Well can't wait to see the final results!

Good question!

I find that I can pep it faster with out the ID's. Especially when it come to cutting and creasing the fine detailed areas. Every time that I see a highly crowded detail section, all of the ID's are overlaping each other. This makes it quite hard to determine where to cut or crease (valleys & mountains) Removing the ID's clears everything up. I'll admit this method requires that I use Pepakura Designer to tell me which piece is next and where it goes. However, I find that is a small price to pay, when it comes to accuracy of clean cuts and folds. In the long run, I'm hoping this will equate to less amount of bondo.

Are you going to post the pep files? Those would be great to have!

I'm hoping to post the ones that I have scaled to my size. But not before I know that everything has been tested. I'd hate to post something that is incorrect.

Good question!

I find that I can pep it faster with out the ID's. Especially when it come to cutting and creasing the fine detailed areas. Every time that I see a highly crowded detail section, all of the ID's are overlaping each other. This makes it quite hard to determine where to cut or crease (valleys & mountains) Removing the ID's clears everything up. I'll admit this method requires that I use Pepakura Designer to tell me which piece is next and where it goes.[/I]

Have you tried reducing the font size? That works wonders for me, especially in those small, tight, crowded spaces (then again, I have really good vision). Take it down to about 4pt, or less if you can stand it. Obviously that's not going to help with pieces you have already printed, but give it a try.

Have you tried reducing the font size? That works wonders for me, especially in those small, tight, crowded spaces (then again, I have really good vision). Take it down to about 4pt, or less if you can stand it. Obviously that's not going to help with pieces you have already printed, but give it a try.

I have tried that, but even then, there were still areas where it was all jumbled. Just easier for me to leave them out. ;)

Progress Update

Finished Pepping the HD Cod Piece.
img00012386.jpg

Dude, I REALLY want those files

edit* what type of glue are you using? When I was using superglue it left marks but yours doesn't.

The files have been pre scaled to someone who is 69" tall and 139lbs. Edge ID's have been turned off in all the files. Valley's and Mountains lines have been modified for finer detail. 5 Megs of files.
Do ya still want them?

For glue: I use a low temp glue gun.
Cause its easy to undo the glue on a tab if I "F" up! :p

Hah well yes, I know how to rescale and I would have to do it anyway because being 5'3 is not to common here, and I can always put the numbers back on

In that case. You can get the original files from here: REMOVED because it looks like site has issues.

Look for the Halo 3 MJOLNIR Mark VI Armor. Those are the exact ones that I picked.

Cheers! ;)

Dang! Well there are quite a few other versions of the mark VI so I don't think I would find the right one, well if you just so happen to have an HD recon head shoulder chest and everything else that would be great! But that's not the point of this thread
Oh I went to your site and I must say it looks great! I love the timeline on the side too, definetly watching both it and this thread.

Dang! Well there are quite a few other versions of the mark VI so I don't think I would find the right one, well if you just so happen to have an HD recon head shoulder chest and everything else that would be great! But that's not the point of this thread
Oh I went to your site and I must say it looks great! I love the timeline on the side too, definetly watching both it and this thread.

It's working againg... give it a try. :)

Great work...can't wait to see it done. Are you going to battle damage the paint job or do a new off the line look? I'm working on the same armor but being a noob I can't post the pic yet, but I'm going to try the no ID# and see how it goes. Thank you for keeping me inspired to get mine done.

Great work...can't wait to see it done. Are you going to battle damage the paint job or do a new off the line look? I'm working on the same armor but being a noob I can't post the pic yet, but I'm going to try the no ID# and see how it goes. Thank you for keeping me inspired to get mine done.

Ahhh... Another fellow Canadian! Sweet :)

Im hoping to do an "Off the Line" look. Polished Nice and Glossy! In the same colors as MC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back