LongShot-X's Mark VI HD MJOLNIR Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so when you are pepping do you first cut out the object and then fold it or fold it first (like make the crease) and then cut it out?

Ok so when you are pepping do you first cut out the object and then fold it or fold it first (like make the crease) and then cut it out?

1st: Print it out.
2nd: Crease the Mountains and Valleys
3rd: Cut the pieces out.
4th: Fold and Glue

Progress Update

Finished pepping the Right Shin.
img00012433.jpg

Now to continue pepping the Left Shin

thanks man, i was usually cutting it out first and it was tough, ok so just wondering is 8 in usually for a helmet hight? my head is 8 in high which converts to 204 mm, seems small for a helmet

thanks man, i was usually cutting it out first and it was tough, ok so just wondering is 8 in usually for a helmet hight? my head is 8 in high which converts to 204 mm, seems small for a helmet

Yes.. That does seem small. I used a height of 265mm. Fits me "OK"

Longshot... You look like your ready for Nuclear Fallout in your bunny suit...lol Talk about some serious protection!

Good Job!!!!!

Thanks for the compliment!
I'm using the gasmask because I also wear contact lenses. The bunny suit adds to the contrast. LOL. I wanted something that is fun and effective to wear.
Cheers! :)

well you arnt 14 so that might add to it, i looked at another thread about helmet fittings and a kid my age had his at about 184 and it was a bit to small so i figure it will be ok, well just printed it out so ill test the collar.

well you arnt 14 so that might add to it, i looked at another thread about helmet fittings and a kid my age had his at about 184 and it was a bit to small so i figure it will be ok, well just printed it out so ill test the collar.

Good luck and hopefully it will fit.

noope didnt fit, mostly because with this build it was three inches to small automatically. i didnt realize this until i looked it up later. dont know why it does it but ya so i just printed the new one and it fits a little big, soo ya

Looks really good!!!

Hard to explain but it's meant to be split directly up and down from the arm holes. Very vague, I know :( but I couldn't find the video on youtube where this guy shows how his torso is split.

Looks really good!!!

Hard to explain but it's meant to be split directly up and down from the arm holes. Very vague, I know :( but I couldn't find the video on youtube where this guy shows how his torso is split.

Thanks.

I already have an idea as to where I want to split it. That step will require that I hold my breath and cut it! :p

Progress Update

Finished the "Left Shin". Again - No Edge ID's
I found that the pepping of the shins was very easy and quick.

Front of the shin
img00012462.jpg

Back of the Shin
img00012464.jpg

Next - Left Thigh. :)
Cheers!

This is looking great! Your pepping skills are superb, and the fact that you're doing this without edge ID's is not only brave, but shows that you've got great organizational skills as well. Keep it up!

This is looking great! Your pepping skills are superb, and the fact that you're doing this without edge ID's is not only brave, but shows that you've got great organizational skills as well. Keep it up!

Very correct about the organizational skills. Helps to keep the ball rolling. Thanks!

This is just showing off. >_>

LOL... You betcha! It feels good to brag when one has bragging rights. :p

Finished pepping the Left High Def Forarm.
img00012230.jpg

Oh and have a closer look.... No Edge ID #'s :)

this is amazing and how did you do it with no edge id, oh yah you used your computer and found out where al the pieces go nice work, it is coming out great:)

this is amazing and how did you do it with no edge id, oh yah you used your computer and found out where al the pieces go nice work, it is coming out great:)

Thanks! I have posted a short note on the No Edge ID process on my site: www.longshot-x.com/haloarmor.aspx Lots of pepping pics there. Speaking of which I plan on using all of those pics for a time laps video.

I think its coming out better than I thought. Concidering that this IS my 1st build. I do have some flaws in the pepping of the helmet but they are unnoticable, unless you know what to look for. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back