LongShot-X's Mark VI HD MJOLNIR Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice work! Gives me a lot of motivation to start my own armor.

Thanks, I hope that this thread will continue to motivate anyone and everyone who happens to follow it. Remember to post your progress too!

Good LUCK on your armor! :)

Progress Update

OK I had my 1st delay. The Left thigh is too big.
img00012507.jpg

Pepped another Thigh with a 20% reduction in size.
img00012524.jpg

Applied the 1st coat of resin. Let it harden (and shrink). Test fitted the piece with the under armor. Fits Perfectly!

However, I did notice that the Shin pieces might also be too big. BUT I'll do the left boot first and then see how it looks with the Thigh, Shin and Boot with the under armor.

Keep on Pepping!
Cheers!

Progress Update

Finished doing a quick pep of a low def Boot.

Pics of Test fitting the Boot (low def for testing), High Def Shin and High Def Thigh pieces.
im000807_-_cropped.jpg

im000806_-_cropped.jpg

I feel that the Shin piece could be rescaled down by 10%-20%
Any thoughts or comments on this?

Cheers!

wow man your really getting far! why are you going with low def for the boot?

I wanted to test the fit of the boots along with the other pieces before pepping the high def versions.
Results: Boot size is OK. Thigh size is OK. Shin size is acceptable BUT I think it would look and fit better if it was reduced by 10%-20%.
Undecided if I want to repep the shins.

...Big boot! ._.

I think a few more size testers are in order.

Hmmm... Gotta keep in mind that I have small feet. The side view looks ok... but yea the front view shows the boot quite big. However, i did not install the bottom pannel to the boot (skipped a few pieces)

I'll go back and glue it in place and recheck the sizing... You could be right... boots might be too big too. :)

Ok... attached the bottom plate to the tester boots. It looks like it shaved off approx 2 inches from the width of the boots.

im000808_-_cropped.jpg

im000809_-_cropped.jpg

Remember I have size "6" feet but will be using size "9" combat boots

Ok... attached the bottom plate to the tester boots. It looks like it shaved off approx 2 inches from the width of the boots.

im000808_-_cropped.jpg

im000809_-_cropped.jpg

Remember I have size "6" feet but will be using size "9" combat boots

dont know if anyone commented on this or not but i really would not recomend useing size 9 boots if your only a size 6 it might look good but you will look like ronald mcdonald clunking around with over sized boots. if you got your armor scaled to your size and it fits nice and tight then you should keep the boots in the same size zone as you. maybe 7-7.5 but i wouldnt go bigger than that. if im wrong just forget i even said anything thats just what im doing with my boots im a 9 and im using size 9.5 boots

dont know if anyone commented on this or not but i really would not recomend useing size 9 boots if your only a size 6 it might look good but you will look like ronald mcdonald clunking around with over sized boots. if you got your armor scaled to your size and it fits nice and tight then you should keep the boots in the same size zone as you. maybe 7-7.5 but i wouldnt go bigger than that. if im wrong just forget i even said anything thats just what im doing with my boots im a 9 and im using size 9.5 boots

I do wear size 9 quite a bit, since trying to find a size 6 usually leads me to the kids shoe department. :( Also I have worn the size 9 combat boots and they do feel comfortable (walking and running), as long as it is properly done up.

Does anyone else think I should go smaller? Hmmmm perhaps I should do a POLL on this?

I agree with the others on the scale of the shin, looks bigger than the thigh and a little out of proportion slightly. Regardless, I'd scale the boot down slightly as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back