LongShot-X's Mark VI HD MJOLNIR Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
What up Longshot! Looking good buddy...So do you think you will finish in time and are you ready for the next build....

Still working on the Armor. Currently dealing with scaling issues and wearable fit on the shins and boots. Right Thigh is almost assembled. I still think I'll have it done in time for Reach.

Cheers!

Progress Update

Progress Update: Finished pepping the Right HD Thigh Piece.
FRONT
img00012580.jpg

BACK
img00012579.jpg

Next: Apply 1st coat of Resin

Cheers!

Awsome job man! Quite amazing pep there. So clean. Keep up the good work :)

- Jacob

OMG I JUST NOTICED , YOU HAVE 117 POSTS . The world is filled with master cheif referances lol

Awsome job man! Quite amazing pep there. So clean. Keep up the good work :)

- Jacob

OMG I JUST NOTICED , YOU HAVE 117 POSTS . The world is filled with master cheif referances lol

OMG 118 posts now. And only 4 more pieces to pep.
Cheers!

This is coming along great LongShot. Those are indeed very crisp and clean peps. I was wondering, what's the name of the file for your thigh piece? Is that Crackheads model?

Progress Update

Progress Update: Finshed pepping both Shins (and they fit too)

Left Shin
img00012661.jpg

Right Shin
img00012630.jpg

Pic of what is pepped with 1st coat of resin applied. (The visor is temporarlily taped in place for the photo shoot)
im000815.jpg

Now onto Pepping the Boots!

visor size and im done

oh man, thank you so much longshot! i was doing my research and looking and looking but the visor has proven to be the hardest part so far but thank you! wit this out of the way i feel that much closer to completing my helmet. but question: what do you recomend sizewise for my mark IV???

IMAG0108.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

as you can see the vsor is about 8 nches from side to side and about 6 and a half from nose to ear

and my head is 22 and 3/4ths inches around. i dont wat to screw up my order!! :p
thank you again so much!

oh man, thank you so much longshot! i was doing my research and looking and looking but the visor has proven to be the hardest part so far but thank you! wit this out of the way i feel that much closer to completing my helmet. but question: what do you recomend sizewise for my mark IV???

The visor comes in only one size. It is quite flexible.

Good Luck!

Progress Update

Progress update: Started to Fiberglass the helm.
I'm using the cloth to get into the deep recessed areas and the mat for the flatter surface areas. I'm also making sure that I'm distributing the glass as evenly as possible to help prevent warping. I plan on doing 2 layers of fiberglass.

Below: Glassing the inside top of the helm. Letting it harden then I'll do the next area.
im000824_(2).jpg

This is indeed a very messy job. Highly recommend disposable latex gloves and a large working area to layout the cloth/matting. Too bad that all of my friends took off for the long weekend to go camping. This would be a lot easier with a friend helping. :p
im000820.jpg

Cheers!

That is masterofallhalo's Mark V helm... My best guess is that he's using it to protect those parts from something (dust maby?)
You'll have to ask him.

Cheers

Once more, Longshot has proven an immaculate and epic pepping and fiberglass job. Super uber props to the master. Like the webpage, also. Wish this had existed 6 months ago.

How did I Scale the Chest

How did I scale the Chest piece.

1st - I have to say that scaling (sizing) of the MJOLNIR MK VI suit is/was a huge challenge. I have spent uber amounts of time calculating the size of each piece. So I totally understand everyone's frustrations with this issue.

2nd - Not all of the pieces were designed by the same person. Meaning that the sizing method for one piece may not work for the next.

3rd - I got lucky on most the pieces except for the Thighs, Shins and Boots. I have had to pep some of those a few times until they were the right size

4th - I have to say Thanks to eXtreme TACTICS 101 from his previous Scaling Tutorial (from the old forums) This helped to get my noggin thinking on scaling challenges.

So... now on to how I scaled the MK VI HD Chest:

The Chest: I am using the High Def Chest made by FLYINGSQUIRL. Which can be found here: http://www.vrogy.net/pepa/MKVI_HD_CHEST_LETTER_FLYINGSQUIRL.pdo

With the help of a friend I measured the WIDTH of my chest.

How did I do this? I stood against a wall and a friend helped me mark my chest shadow against the wall. I took the measurement half way down, between my armpit and waist. I'm sure that there are many other ways to take this measurement.

In pepakura designer, I loaded up the PDO and located one of the support struts. Specifically "chest01-15" (the last piece on page 40) This is the piece that's as close to the position where I took my shadows measurement.

In pepakura designer I turned on "Show Grid" in the 2DMenu. Each square represents 1cm.

Rotate the piece so that it was vertical (or horizontal) so that I could see how long it was. If it was too long, I would re-scale down. Recheck the length of the piece and re-scale again. I continued this process until that one piece matched the WIDTH of my chest. 27.5cm. (Scale factor of 2.432142) This way I KNEW that the chest piece would fit me.
OPTION: If this part is too difficult, you could just print off page 40 and measure the piece with a ruler or tape measure. Rescale, print and remeasure. Repeat this process until it at the correct length.

I also used this method for all of the suits pieces that had similar support strut placements. eg. the cod piece.

For those pieces that had no way to measure... I used a scale factor of "69" (Robo's files). Pepped the piece. Tried it on and continued on from there. I have had to pep the Thigh twice and the Shins 3 times and the boot covers 2 times. Yes it was a pain in the @$$.

FYI: I'm 5'9" and 139Lbs. I'll post all of my pieces scale factors at a later date, along with my body measurements for every ones reference.

Cheers

Progress Update

Finished pepping left Boot

img00012716.jpg

img00012717.jpg

Right boot and a weapon is all that's left to pep.

Cheers! :cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back