Dawn Under Heaven - Fan Film

Status
Not open for further replies.
really is one of them doing the midtown village launch, if so i've got the press where they might not. and any way i'm meeting with the manger today at 1:00 pm so i'm trying to do something nice for you guys. free press coverage of you.

okay clearly you are talking about the midtown village guy's, and not that their a bunch of good guy's it's they don't want anything to do with the 201st tuscaloosa group i'm runing. and with free press coverage from us what do you have to lose?

sorry computer is have problems.

In order for someone to represent us or anyone for that matter, people need to see that our image is kept intact. Do you have any pictures of anything you've made and will have at this launch? Im not trying to be rude, but I don't know you and trust is an issue here lately in the costuming communities.

okay clearly you are talking about the midtown village guy's, and not that their a bunch of good guy's it's they don't want anything to do with the 201st tuscaloosa group i'm runing. and with free press coverage from us what do you have to lose?

sorry computer is have problems.

I agree with Dystorted INC. At this point in time we're going to have to say 'thanks but no thanks'. If you want to further discuss this matter, and include photos of your activity involving the coming launch of CEA, you may message me personally.

I would just like to say really good work

you might want to check this out

Last edited by a moderator:
okay i think we got off on the wrong foot. i'm just going to tell them about you and show them video's like the one posted adove.

@foxleader, man, they've denied your offer like three times now. Bottom line is, the answer is "no," so accept it gracefully and move on.

@dystorted inc, love the teaser (not as much as i liked the other one with the ODST entering the pod, but still pretty cool), keep up the good work and I can't wait to see the final cut!

I donated yesterday. I really think the work you guys are putting into this is going to pay off big time. The trailers look awesome. Also, the files are absolutely stunning. The attention to detail is great. Any idea when the rest of the 'coming soon' files will be released?

Ok man, thats fine. Please stop, we are not ready to release anything for the press yet. To do that prematurely can ultimately derail projects and make them seem cheap. We don't want that.

i know what you mean. see i'm working on my own film and let's put it like this we're in the same boat only differince is it's one guy building all of it and every one on cast and crew is well runing foot ball games so i'm on my own until the spring.

oh and is the AI in the film is she showing us thing before or after the film?

Hey guys, just got an account to point something out. I dont mean to attack you or be rude, but i noticed that you basically make people pay $50 for your great files. I see a problem with this on the account that this is a fan based community, and if you didnt notice, everybody else here on the 405th who make their files, do not charge anyone. you see the problem?

So you basically only made an account to come here and be rude, even though you said you don't mean to. The files were created specifically for the Kickstarter fundraiser, and really nothing else. On top of that, you're not just getting the pep files, you're getting all of the files used. Some won't be available until the film is finished, but there are perks for donating. We put alot of time and money into creating the files for the fundraiser and they will stay that way. I don't mean to sound rude either, but if we planned on releasing these to the public I especially wouldn't have been so diligent on making sure every single detail was correct. Alot of 3D artists charge for their files, the thing is, we're not. We're asking for a donation of $50. How many 3D artist do you know that GIVE you, all of their files used for $50? I REALLY don't mean to sound RUDE, but this has crossed the line. I hope this cleared some things up for you there.

I'd just like to point out, there's a lot of irrelevant 'discussion' and pestering going on. I would like to kindly ask all the trollers to either take this to pm, or just shut up; preferably option two. Quit derailing the thread with useless crap.

Foxleader, you've already been told no. No is a no. Take it and leave. Part of being an adult is knowing when to stop when you've already been given an answer; be it may not the one you want, but an answer none the less so drop it.

Chaoj, you know what? There is a very simple solution to the whole $50 donation thing: Don't agree, don't want to pay? Don't buy it! Like Will already said, there are a lot of people spending lots of time and money into making this film so the least you could do is repay them with a little thanks, and $50 bucks, isn't asking that much for the awesome stuff they're dishing out. If anything, I personally think they should ask for more. The donation is to help fund the film. Without it, all you'll see is spartans and marines running around in cardboard; great film no?

On a less negative note: I'm excited for this film. I might not have posted in the past, but I do lurk. So excited. Would love to help out, but due to lack of funds, I can't... Once things are more stable for me I would love to help and donate any way I can.

i'm amazed at how stupid people can get xD a $50 donation compared to what you get is no money at all :')
anyway, i'll be donating for sure, takes some saving but it's worth every bit~

dont you luv when your film page gets attacked. we have been having the same thing happen on our FB page for The Fallen, from fans of Faith. but anyways great work still and would have donated a while ago but funds have been tight and now been working on our stuff if i get the chance i would luv to donate for the OST still. but still watchin none the less man.

Since there seems to be a lot of negativity here i would like to add something positive,

I think what you guys are doing is a great thing! Along with Halo Faith, Operation Chastity, and the countless other fan based films in production you all are making a statement to the big time producers in Hollywood that there is a sizable market for a Halo based film. By making this statement we can hope to one day see a halo film that has a Hollywood budget, but in the meantime i for one am very happy to see all these fan films being produced to the best of their ability. You all have every right to ask for cash for your productions because the better you can make them than the stronger the statement you make to the big time film makers. In all you guys are the pioneers and the community should be happy to stand behind Dawn Under Heaven and any other film as you all are going to bring us to the future of Halo cinema!

Great job guys, keep up the good work no matter what people say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back