CraftROBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a couple of threads on this topic floating around (at least there were before the switchover to the new boards).

In general, if you've got the money, it can be a great time saver. You'll end up spending some time maximizing the amount of print/cut space you can get out of a piece of paper, but in my experience, the total amount of usable paper space gets reduced. The device itself is relatively small, but you'll need enough working space in front & in back of it so that it can cut the paper. It's not a quiet machine either! ;)

You'll also have to deal with consumables (more $$$)... the blade will need to be replaced and the cardstock has to feed through the CR on a carrier sheet (basically a sticky sheet of plastic). There are discussions elsewhere on the Internet saying that you can make your own carrier sheets, but I haven't tried.

This is the thing that Pepakura's compatible with, right?

http://www.uscutter.com/Graphtec-Craft-ROBO--ScrapbookingCraft-Cutter-330L-20-New-Model_p_612.html

Has anyone used one of these before, and if so, how was it? I've been thinking about getting one, but my low funds and lack of knowledge on these has been keeping me away for quite some time now.
You will need the pepakura viewer for craftrobo which is $15. Cutting these out is one of the more time consuming parts of pepakura, so anything that does the work for you is a good thing. Just think of it as a printer that cuts instead of prints. With a printer, you have to replace ink (constantly if you are using pepakura a lot) and with a cnc cutter, you have to replace the blades. At least with the craftrobo, the replacement blades don't cost as much as the printer itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back