Classifieds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M1ss1ng G0ld

I am a noob to the 405th and I've been reading about the "classifieds" and I'm confused on what they are. Can some one tell me?

The "Classifieds" is a designated forum section in which members may post threads either offering up props, armor or other items for sale, or state that they are looking to buy a certain prop or armor. While it is used to spread the word and interest potential buyers or sellers, the real business is always conducted via PMs in order to protect privacy. Anyone active in the 'Classifieds" forum should be very familiar with the rules of that forum section, which you should find as a sticky' in the 'Classifieds' section ...

until you turn into a vet aka a "Infantry Man" the classifieds should be ther below the general discussion section

so how do you "turn" into a vet? also i am a noob at this. I'm in the military and haven't had the right place to start any projects. (but i want to). id love to be able to do business with some people.

participate in the forum. Post builds, comment on others so on. When you reach a certain post amount you are moved up. It keeps potential bots and so on out of the higher areas of the forum. So look around and join the community in general.

so how do you "turn" into a vet? also i am a noob at this. I'm in the military and haven't had the right place to start any projects. (but i want to). id love to be able to do business with some people.

very carefully, just kiding I think you have to make like !00 post or something to become a vet but I'm not 100% sure :confused

Hey jeeper13! First and foremost welcome aboard, its always good to see new recruits, second be careful to pay attention to how long ago the thread you're posting in was last active. Before you had posted your question the last activity hadnt taken place since almost 4 years ago in 2010, this is referred to as 'necro-posting,' even if it is still relevant to the question you may have. Its always better to look through and post your question in the Help Stickies if no one else has a relevant and recent post regarding the same subject.

Anyways in regards to your original question I think the other guys have pretty much covered it, be active in the community: posting build threads, helpful advice, etc. while it usually is around 100 post that gets you infantryman status and access to the classifieds, if you've been seen to contribute to the community it could be sooner (I was promoted around 40 posts).So welcome to the 405th can't wait to see what you build!

How long you've been a member also plays into earning "Infantryman" status. The general standard is at least 100 posts and at least 6 months of active membership.

As with just about every question new members find themselves asking, the answers can be found in the various stickied threads on the front page of the "n00b forum" section, which should negate the need for posting new threads asking fundamental questions and thus keep the forum clean of "clutter" threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back