How to Scale Your Armour- Tutorial V.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the floating parts do affect the scaling. If you feel that you need those floating faces, you can still delete them as Katsu suggested, then scale the helmet and pay attention to the scale in the Scale Factor window (not the dimensions). After that, reload the helmet with all the floating faces and enter that scale.

So method #1 is just a ratio. This helps a whole bunch, I had no idea such a simple method would work, but then I remembered that that's how the ancient Greeks measured the moon to almost exact measurements!!

Great post on how to scale pieces!

It took me a while to find this thread, but when I did, all of my frustration and cursing were calmed to the point where I am confident enough to hit print and burn through some paper. I am not starting with my armor but am working on Silence Mask from Doctor Who. I don't mind if I mess it up and it is small enough to not have to work on for a year. Thank you and thank you again!

Wow this is really useful, wish I had read this before I wasted a few days work, just wondering for method 1 is the a +- amount for the height range? I come in at just under 175cm @ 171, would this result in an issue or is it close enough for the method to work?

(Aug 8,2015)
Xtreme TACTICS 101
, thanks for the tutorial, and I just wanna say, Method one was well put, and to me Method 2 was put together and went into little depth... but thanks for everything...

_-=EIDTED ON AFTER POST=-_(Sept 29,2015)

Will this pic work?
MJOLNIR_Mark_VI.png

MJOLNIR_Mark_VI.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Worked on my first mark v pieces years ago like a charm. About to print my odst rookie helm. 4cm is the height for my paper model as well, but my scale is 7.3 due to the model being smaller, only 24.6 cm. Thank you for this.

I didn't know you could resize the pepakura models to your height and such. That's really cool, I'm glade you made this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back