Custom Halo Reach Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

zockhu

So this is my Armor Build. I started making the Nobel six armor but then decided i'd much rather do some custom elements so I went down the road of using different pieced from different armors and uniting them into one. For the helmet I used the nobel six helmet as for the rest, some of it is halo wars, some of it is the MK VI and so on. I'm not done with it yet but I am very close to it.

Here is the progress of the Helmet.

Sculpting the helmet:

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Molding the helmet:

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

I had some left over resin so yeah......
web.jpg

Priming the helmet:
web.jpg

web.jpg

What do you guys think?

I'd say about 3 weeks at about 3-6 hours day. I could do it faster now but i never done a helmet before so I was kinda taking my time and enjoying the learning experience.

well it looks like taking your time really works lol, what clay do you use because im htinking of starting a simple clay sculpt to get in experience

project_phoenix:
I might sell but only if there is enough interest in them I will make some more and sell them so yeah.

golem95:
I used Prima Plastilina Clay medium hardness. If i did it again i'd probably use the hard type because it would make detailing easier but the medium one is a good mix between ease of use and potential for detail.

Oh wow dude! That is some pro clay work right there. I cannot wait to see the rest of it. I can tell, this is going to be a great build already. I'm also interested by the implementation of a mishmash of different Mjolnir types.

if you need any help with scale or other stuff for the mark IV parts maybe i can help. i recently finished my suit so i know all the problems that come with suit :)

nice job on the helmet, really clean looking

killinghorne:
I'm using Prima Plastilina Clay medium hardness which runs at about 9 bucks for 2 pounds. I used just over 14 pounds of that stuff so yeah. You can always find coupons or whatever for the store you get it in so you can save some money there.

soul products:
Thank you for the offer but everything is sized and made already. I'll post more pics soon i'm just taking my sweet time detailing this thing.

That is lovely! Yet another sculpting project to add to my list of inspirations! Please forgive me if this is an awkward question, but I notice that your detail lines are, perhaps, a little rough, and I'm a bit concerned about this happening in my own project. Are you planning on cleaning them up in the cast? If so, I'm extremely interested in how you plan to do it. Bondo? Apoxy sculpt? Or just sanding or working the raw cast with a Dremel? How much do you need to build up the cast in order to accomplish this? Also, it looks really smooth, and I'd love to know how you accomplished this. Thanks!

That is lovely! Yet another sculpting project to add to my list of inspirations! Please forgive me if this is an awkward question, but I notice that your detail lines are, perhaps, a little rough, and I'm a bit concerned about this happening in my own project. Are you planning on cleaning them up in the cast? If so, I'm extremely interested in how you plan to do it. Bondo? Apoxy sculpt? Or just sanding or working the raw cast with a Dremel? How much do you need to build up the cast in order to accomplish this? Also, it looks really smooth, and I'd love to know how you accomplished this. Thanks!

There definitely were some issues with the line straightness (again, wish i had used the hard sculpting clay) but once i had it cast i was able to clean it up quiet easily. I used a dremel tool with a cutting attachment and i used sand paper. I honestly don't know how thick i build the cast up since i eyeballed everything but i'd say it's about half a centimeter at for most of it. As for the smoothing out sanding is magical. I used 120, 360, and 600 grade sand paper (in that order) to get it nice and smooth. You could go even higher if you want to but since i was painting it there was no need to. One piece of advice I would love to give you is that you make sure you try to accomplish as much as possible as far as detailing goes in the clay and don't rely too much on the sanding and whatnot to clean up. It's good far small things but big things are really freakin' hard.

I also installed the visor a while ago because i had to meet a deadline for my exhibition and so i decided that I'd put it in and just mask it off when i paint it. Normally I would have painted it first and then install it but you can't win them all. Anyway, the visor is Gold Mirrored color and looks great if I may say so myself. Crappy Picture though but it was taken with my phone so that's why.

web.jpg

I can post more of the liner and stuff if you guys are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back