Status
Not open for further replies.

Sithslayer78

WIP: Halo Reach Jun Build

Table of Contents:
Page 1: Noble BETA
Page 2- : Jun Build,
Page 2:pistol

OH HAI GUYS. I LIEK HALOZ AND I BE MAKIN ARMOR2 SO HERE5 MY HANDPLATEZ.
0710001525.jpg

Nah, I'm just kidding:p. (Well besides the fact that that is my pepped handplate.) I started my Reach build a few months ago, but I decided that I would wait for some real progress before posting a WIP thread (Hence my sarcastic opening). My ODST is not quite complete, I just need to make some shins so my friend can wear it to the Reach release, since it appears that they haven't made too many changes to the ODST :D. So far i have:
  • Both shins, Both knees, one thigh, one forearm and one handplate pepped.
  • One of those shins, one of those thighs, one set of kneepads Glassed.
  • An Air-Soft DMR and Nerf Recon Reach Sniper Built but not painted.
Here are some pictures:
Kneepads:
0710001455.jpg

Legs so far:
0710001454.jpg

A Forearm:
0710001446.jpg

DMR
0710001522.jpg

Sniper: (see separate thread)
0626002147.jpg

Plans:
As you may have guessed, I plan on having these suits ready for the release on September 14th. My ODST is almost done, but I'm not quite sure how i'm going to go about my reach suit, meaning that I'm not sure what to base my character off of. I probably wont have a new helmet ready by then, so Ill wear my new ODST Helmet, and my friend will wear the old one. My undersuit will be a hybrid between a flightsuit, and some significant details made out of cloth or foamies. I plan to have LEDs light up shield emitters, and have some fans placed strategically for some exhaust. I will link my forearm to my helmet, enabling myself to control visor transparency, Lighting, fans, and maybe NVGs using a similar control mechanism to that which I used with my mau5head. I also planned on adding a mount for my iPod touch, but I'm not quite sure how I'm going to.
Comments & Feedback are appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if this is considered a double post but i can't edit for some reason. The computer idea was not mine and also can I have those pep files? LOL

This is all looking pretty good! Just a little note, so you don't make the mistake later, the handplate is backwards. The curved part goes toward the wrist and the flat part faces the knuckles.

instead of picking one character, just do like I am and make a custom suit out of the pieces you think look cool

Nice work. I really like the picture of the pepped gauntlet and handplate with your glove. Awesome job so far on everything! Can I ask where you got your look-alike DMR? It's fairly close, in my eyes.

Hi guys! I've made some progress, but nothing worth any significant note, heh. I only get to work on my armor during weekends because I work Mon-Fri. I do get the chance to do some planning and I came up with the electronics designs for the suit. Previously I mentioned that I would use a forearm control for my helmet, but that turned out to be unviable. Instead I am linking suit-wide Shield Leds and cooling fans to one control system. Each armor component will have a phone Jack plug and will be linked so that in the end, a circuit is completed that is powered from the torso. I also plan on adding extra power sources to the armor that will be able to link via USB and phone Jack giving me a portable charge station :) in addition to adding an independent flashlight in the forearm. Here is my progress and diagrams, if you can make sense of them :p.
Diagrams:
Schematics.jpg

Progress:
0713002126a.jpg

If your'e wondering, the dark grey stuff in the creases is epoxy I use to Fill corner nooks and crannys as well as strengthen the entire pepakura (like a skeleton) before resining.
A soon to be Pistol (Hopefully)
0713002129.jpg

And a Requiem for the Failures...*taps plays*
0713002108.jpg

This is all looking pretty good! Just a little note, so you don't make the mistake later, the handplate is backwards. The curved part goes toward the wrist and the flat part faces the knuckles.
Thanks! I completely missed that! It makes more sense anyway, haha.
instead of picking one character, just do like I am and make a custom suit out of the pieces you think look cool
That's what I eventually plan on, but I want it to be recognizable to most people because I plan on using it at release and a few parties.
What fore arm and shin are you useing?
They are the files further down the page, a Forearm by Rhinoc and the shin by Rhinoc All available on the Official Pepakura thread.
Nice work. I really like the picture of the pepped gauntlet and handplate with your glove. Awesome job so far on everything! Can I ask where you got your look-alike DMR? It's fairly close, in my eyes.
Thanks! As for the DMR, ts an air soft rifle i got from Dick's sporting goods, and I added cardboard grip, and some other minor mods it looks pretty good in my eyes :)

On a side note, this thread is really what keeps me motivated to keep on working everyday. Thanks guys! More comments and feedback are appreciated!!

Hey guys! sorry I haven't updated lately but I been busy with work and superrushing my Reach armor. I guess I'm still on track but well just have to see. I've also had to work 7-5 daily on weekdays, so I haven't had too much time.Tomorrow is my last day of work for the summer but I still have stupid summer hw to do... anyway, on to armortalk. So far I've gotten everything pepper except the helmet, stomach plate, and half of my torso. Everything else is in the fiberglass factory known as my basement.
0812002150.jpg

rundownfullsuit1.png

Note the comparison to the diagram. (Image from the 'ficcial Reach armor thread) I want to know your opinion about the scaling, haha. I guess im being a bit paranoid.
Here are images of my torso armor on me. I'd like to know your opinion on sizing, but I think its pretty good.
0812002138.jpg

0812002138a.jpg

0812002139.jpg

I've also begun working on a mini side project. I used an iron on paper kit and have had relative success with black on white, but I had to hand paint white on black. I think it turned out pretty good, and ill have images of that one later. I know, POIDH but its in the wash right now so youll just have to take my word for it for now.
0808001834.jpg

0808001843.jpg

Thus far as you may be able to tell, I've been using bondo. I've stopped. I realized that continued bondo usage will put my project too far beyond schedule. I still have to finish a full ODST suit, after all lol. As for future planning, plans for integrating power sources into the torso are coming along that will power shield lights, fans, and some of the helmet systems. (fans, camera, HUD) I also plan on integrating my iTouch into a forearm piece as I've seen around here, lol. I'm not sure what helmet I'm using yet but for release I plan on using my odst helmet. Now... Let the bill-ding begin lol.

Comments and feedback are appreciated!

Alright guys, sorry for the lack of updates, but College Applications combined with Reach on Legendary (which I am happy to have beaten solo yesterday) has kept me from making armor and posting updates :(. Anyways, here’s what I plan on doing with myself involving my Reach Armor.
0927001439a.jpg

0927001439b.jpg

0927001440.jpg

Meet Noble BETA. Although I’m not posting progress pics, Ill have them for you all to look at in an album here. About this suit, I was really satisfied with the legs and some of the belt, but I consider the top half a mis-scaled fustercluck. I had this and my ODST suit done on the 14th, but my friend backed out (much to my rage and dissatisfaction), so I couldn’t go to release. The purpose of this rushed sit was to be ready for fall costumey events, and to serve as a base for the REAL suit. Noble Beta also serves to quell my impatience, as I have a habit of rushing builds to see a final result. I plan on redoing almost everything but the thighs, hands, and knees. As for a character, I have picked Jun, because:
Noble 1: Carter- I thought he was a typical soldier, or as Halsey put it, a “puppet.” (no disrespect intended)
Noble 2: Kat- A girl, so obviously not an option for a man person.
Noble 3: Ideal, I already have a Sniper, and the equipment is ideal. Plus Jun is hilarious. And he ermm…well…
Noble 4: Emile-A BAMF, but he was a jerk to Jorge. :( Also, waay too much Equipment for me to make.
Noble 5: Jorge-To D@*M big for me, and I have no chain-gun.
Noble 6: You-Too open to interpretation, plus I haven’t finished my armor, so I’d hate to make new pieces every time I change my game armor.
For now, I am in Jun’s Concept phase, while waiting for more accurate peps, making my own peps, finishing my ODST, and knocking out some of my freaking college applications. Speaking of college, I am sad to say that this, and all related props to Jun’s armor, will be my last large-scale project for at least a year or two. Ill be going to college, so I doubt I’ll have time (or space) to make armor. I’ll also be making a Reach Assault Rifle out of the new Nerf Stampede, The details of which I’ll be placing here.

As for Current plans:
I'm using an ACU butt pack for his backpack:
37CL17AU.jpg

My thigh pouch is essentially going to be sewn out of duck cloth, and ill glue on nylon straps and buckles and attach the whole dang thing to a bit of EVA Foam. Its a scratch build, but itll be used as my cell phone-water-iPod container, as for the shoulder i'd make that out of foam or wait for a pep model, hope that helps.

Hey! Small Update:
I finished Pistol made from Airsoft colt 45, clay, and foamies. I made the foregrip out of foamies so It would me more mendable to accidental punishment and damage.
Before
0713002129.jpg

After
0930002236.jpg

0930002236a.jpg

0930002237.jpg

0930002237a.jpg

0930002237b.jpg

Thoughts and feedback appreciated!

Crap.

Alright. This suit kinda tanked for awhile but now, ITS BAAAAAAAAAACK!! I've been at UMBC studying for school for the past six weeks and now I just got back:
So here's the situation: The top half of the suit looks like crap. Also, I need an entire suit FINISHED by THIS THURSDAY for Otakon in Baltimore! So needless to say, OVERDRIVE ENGAGED!
I will retain the legs and maybe the belt but most everything else must be remade.
Torso Re-Made of foam and Plasti-dipped:
IMAG0142.jpg

IMAG0143.jpg

New Helmet Pepped and Resined
IMAG0144.jpg

I will be editing this post/posting again later today with lots more updates.

ALSO: i need help! If anyone can help me come up with a quick way to make camo netting for Jun's Neck Piece that would be greatly appreciated!!!

Suddenly I Accidentally All the Armor

Alright, I know I said I'd have a post ready later on Monday but i have literally been working nonstop (save for sleep) since Monday. And I'm glad to say that the suit is pretty much finished. All I need now is to find some camo netting.

Yeah, that's right. I disappear for two months, and suddenly I have an entire suit done within a week. Such is the power of deadlines.

Anyways, Here's a gallery of my last three days of murderous toil.
Helmet Fiberglassed
IMAG0145.jpg

New Chest and Old Codpiece WIP
IMAG0146.jpg

Legs.
IMAG0147.jpg

All Together Now
IMAG0148.jpg

Wearing the WIP (Also New Arm Armor)
IMAG0150.jpg

Some Finished Stuff
IMAG0152.jpg

Jun A-266 Is Compleat.
IMAG0151.jpg

ALLONSY TO OTAKON TOMORROW .V(^.^)V. (I also have the 11th Doctor Who Outfit setup too.)
IMAG0153.jpg

Great job so far! hope to see it all finished up! Are you adding any lights or other stuff to it? I know your suits are always geared up.

This looked absolutely fantastic in person, great job! And how come you didn't bring your nerf sniper?

Well, Otakon was really fun!

I managed to Run around in all of my costumes at least once throughout the weekend, so here are pics! (pics may be jerks atm)
Frie-Deh
I found another ODST!
IMAG0163.jpg

I also found a beautifully made Mk V as well!
IMAG0182.jpg

Saturday
I found Kadus27 and a Rubies Suit!
IMAG0193.jpg

I also happened to Run into a Noble team who was missing their Jun so that was awesome
IMAG0199.jpg

Then my suit started reaking down so I went Deadmau5 and actually ran into more Mau5heads!
IMAG0213.jpg

Sunday I was The Doctor.
IMAG0224.jpg

Dealer's Room Loot!
IMAG0228.jpg

Here are more Pics
http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc50/Changster7878/Otakon2011/

This looked absolutely fantastic in person, great job! And how come you didn't bring your nerf sniper?
My Sniper and Assault Rifle got kicked out for having too many moving parts :(

Aww man that stinks about your sniper rifle! But looks like some good loot from the dealers room. Nice HG Qan[T]. I ended up getting a Master grade sinanju and a High grade Unicorn gundam (not that anyone cares) and a nice MLP shirt. Glad you had a good time.

That's spectacular. I ran into you at the con on the two days I was there, and I have to say that it's even more awesome in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back