Finished "We Are ODST" costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

torsoboy

The other night, after having finished the visor for the helmet and tying up a few loose ends, I finished my live action ODST costume, as seen in the "We Are ODST" commercial for the game.

We still have three other costumes to complete, but the over all process for this particular costume began last October. It included several months of sculpting parts, using both custom-modified pepakura parts and using our own custom-sculpted pieces. It also included several months of just molding and casting parts, not to mention the several weeks worth of painting and assembly. But I'm glad to say it's done now.

S7001164.jpg

S7001166.jpg

S7001187.jpg

S7001181.jpg

S7001190a.jpg

Ho...Ly... SNAPPLE!!!!!!!!!!
Taht ting is teh koolist!!!!!! Crap naw yuo gots meh tiping wiered!!!! NAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!
lol
Great suit man!!
Your Rank on the suit...
Mind: Blown

Wow! Superb Costume!, the only thing I can find wrong...at it is a little thing, is the undersuit...isn't it Black?
But besides that....amazing. You put some very hard work into that, and it shows.

Thanks for trying to point out my faults. I never asked for that. I don't appreciate it.

No. The flight suits are not black. I've studied screen caps and videos extensively, and there are two colors of flight suits from what I've seen - an olive drab and a dark brown. I went with dark brown.

Hey Torres, why don't you read what the costume is and look at the references before you open your mouth...or let you fingers run away. Would you like for us to take a look and point out some of your flaws. I'm sick and tired of this damn sites kids pointing out everyone elses flaws, which in this case there isn't any, when they don't have any room to talk.

Hey Torres, why don't you read what the costume is and look at the references before you open your mouth...or let you fingers run away. Would you like for us to take a look and point out some of your flaws. I'm sick and tired of this damn sites kids pointing out everyone elses flaws, which in this case there isn't any, when they don't have any room to talk.

Woah, hey, overreaction much? Sure Torres was wrong about the undersuit, but even in his mistaken post, he was polite and also complimented the suit. Isn't this what this site is for, to create and help each other become better at costuming? Without critique and anything like that every thread would just be filled with "Oh, this looks great" and the like. Sure you could've corrected him, but you didn't have to be so harsh, plus, nothing, NOTHING, is without flaw.

To OP: You did a fantastic job and all the work you put in shows. It looks like you stepped right out of the short. Outstanding.

Its really not over reacting if you look around the site. Everyone has something to nitpick about when they have no room to talk.

Amazing and Fantastic! Very well done! Congrats on finishing it!
Thanks for posting your pics. Would love to see more!
Cheers! :)

true but this could have bin avoided by just pm'ing him :/ Or just saying it friendly. Move along guys and lets not start a flamewar. I sence one coming.

Oh and torsoboy, badass work on costume, i'm loving it ;)

I think you've done a wonderful job with your armor.

However, I think your forearms may be a little too big. They're screaming "OMG POPEYE!"

Other than that, it's amazing! I'd give you a cookie if I could make cookies.

Wow! Torso what an amazing suit! It's obvious that you did your homework on that suit too- I like.

Hey Torsoboy, I just wanted to make sure that you were aware of a major flaw: your costume is too awesome.

:)

Looking forward to seeing it at D*con, great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back