Noble six in 7 days. Can I make it?

So far...
DSC00620.jpg

PICT1341.jpg

DSC00684.jpg

DSC00685.jpg

DSC00686.jpg

DSC00687.jpg

I'm having some real trouble with small detal areas like these.
DSC00688.jpg

DSC00691.jpg

Too small for the mouse sander, the dremel is way to powerful and will cut right though it, and hand sanding is going to be a pain. I think I might just fill those areas in and use foamies to make the extra details.

I got a motorcycle helmet liner for 5 dollars at my local motorcycle store. it fits perfect and was a great bargain!
DSC00693.jpg

I wear my work.
DSC00698.jpg

I have seven days until release and I feel confident that I will make it. I'm going to get paint, spot putty, and order a visor tomorrow, and continue bondo work. it's going to be a challange, with school starting tomorrow, but I'm gonna do it. wish me luck!

see you in seven days...(or sooner as I don more stuff)

Hey everyone, reach is only 4 days away, And I'm almost done with the helmet. Just some spot putty, smoothing, paint, and then done! I have run into a problem, though.
DSC00741.jpg

I bought a visor earlier today and trimmed it down to size. That was no issue. I tried to temporarily glue it in with a painters tape covering to fill in the gaps with bondo in order for it to fit better. I tried to get it, and with pressure, it fits. I take my hand off it however, and it pulls back. So I brainstorm, and I thought of vaccuming forming, and how it uses heat to make plastic bendable. Well, the visor is just fancy plastic, right? So I think if I used a heat gun, It would be able to be formed to fit much better. The doubt I have, is that the tint will suffer from the process. So What say you 405th? Would this Idea work? I have the scraps that I could test on, so I might try that. Thanks for putting up with me, I'm almost done and ready for reach!

Only 4 days, Can't stop now!

What I did with my helmet is attach my visor (covered with painters tape) with chicago screws prior to filling in the gaps. Then after removing the visor and cleaning up the bondo, my visor fit back in just fine.

okay so chicago screws will work. Got it! Do you just use bondo to put them in or super glue or some kind of fancy epoxy?

Nope, nothing fancy. Just two chicago screws. Didn't even bother to trim the visor.

IMG_8184.jpg

Edit:
I used 1/2" long chicago screws. There WILL be a gap between the helmet and the visor where you attach them which is fine, because it's unnecessary to fill the bondo that far back.

Ready to remember reach

My helmet is done, really cut down on the detail to save time. Still looks cool though.
DSC00769.jpg

DSC00768.jpg

First helmet, two weeks, I'd say about a solid B. So wat u think? lol

You are completely awesome, and that is a pretty sweet N6 helmet. Good job.
5DDE7BE2-5707-9E3B-9CB3-8E5A75C6599E

Looks awesome, Shaymin! When you get the time, I really recommend adding some of the details in the helmet. It made a night and day difference for mine, and I didn't even do that much.

Looks awesome, Shaymin! When you get the time, I really recommend adding some of the details in the helmet. It made a night and day difference for mine, and I didn't even do that much.

Believe it or not, I was going to carve out the top with a dremel like in this picture. I just ran out of time, so I might do that later.
Helmet_Front.png

Fun fact:the foamies for the top indents are still buried in my helmet.

The side vent detail I might add later today, just becuase it would be really quick.(2 gluesticks, big and small)

Thanks for all the comments guys! It was definitely a rush job, but I'm proud of it!

@Shaymin Sky. dude, that looks great. you've re-inspired me to start my Spartan III build. I, like you, started out with ODST armor and just got busy/discouraged. And thank you x1000 for the silhouette sd idea, I didn't even know cutters existed! How is that all working now btw? Any more problems or did you get everything ironed out? I'll probably be asking you some questions as soon as mine delivers lol. Good building man.

Well thank you! As for the cutter, it does work, but the cut scale is still off form the print scale, and I have yet to fix it. It looks like there is not a clear cut solution for it, so my silhouette will collect some dust in the meantime. I cut this helm out using hands only.

Well thank you! As for the cutter, it does work, but the cut scale is still off form the print scale, and I have yet to fix it. It looks like there is not a clear cut solution for it, so my silhouette will collect some dust in the meantime. I cut this helm out using hands only.
you said that the Viewer for craftrobo doesn't support the silhouette. the silhouette is the newest model of the craftrobo, so any previous model would be supported right? so really I just need to find an older model that is still a craftrobo and all is well, in theory.

Hey, dont know if you've noticed (and it really doesant matter)that the title of this thread says MkIV but it looks like your making the MKVI armour?

All the same, that is some good work.

yes I've noticed. I asked earlier in the thread for a mod to change it, but I guess it went unnoticed. It really doesn't matter, I will be starting a new thread for a reach specific build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back