Registration keys for molding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadoKat

So, my Samus helmet sculpting project is just about ready to be molded (read "not quite perfect, but just about as good as I can get at this point using clay with my meager skills"), and I'm extremely excited about starting on it tomorrow. To prepare for this endeavor, I've been looking for tips in tutorials and other people's projects. Most notably, this one by Master Cheeze, and, of course, Sevv's Master Chief helmet.

Two things in particular are of interest to me: registration keys and plastic shims for the parting line. The shims I think I have a handle on for now, but the keys are another matter. The shape of Sevv's keys and the "foreign objects" method of Master Cheeze's gave me an idea for registration keys... I have an old keyboard, and I'm thinking of prying the keys out of it and embedding them into the silicone. The have a pretty good shape and size, plus it would just be perfect because they'd actually be registration keys... get it? Um.. yeah... Anyway, good idea or bad idea?

Thanks much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back