my custom light saber build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPARTAN1803

hey guys whats up? i haven't been on in a while. i have been real busy at work. my friend nox showed me this site (bigyellowbox.com) and it has a bunch of different kinds of lightsaber blue prints and tuts that show you how to make a lightsaber prop. here is what i have done so far.

i went out and bought some pvc piping and taped a pattern to it to show me where i need to cut.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

then i went out and bought a s-trap for a sink.

once i had the pattern taped to the pvc then i started cutting the pattern out and this is what i came up with.

still needs some sanding done but doesn't look too bad.

here is what it will look like except i still need to cut the curve off the pipe.

thats all i have done for today, tomorrow i am going to mark all the drilling spots on the pipe, cut the pipe, sand and paint the outer sheath and attach it with rivets. i was going to add electronics to it but this being my first project of this nature i think i will leave that out this time. please comment

Thanks for the comments guys :) so far here is what i have done today

i sprayed 4 layers of plasti dip on this to give it a texturized look and i cut of a couple brackets.

after that i cut the s-trap and drilled hole that i will later put rivits in to secure the design to the metal tube.

scince i dont have a rivit gun yet i went ahead and started on the blades. (not that these wont be attached all the time. they are only used as a refference when filming to add special effects.

They may seem kind of long but you will see why in a minute.

After that i used some left over pvc and cut it down to 3 inches and i bought two female fittings to glue to it.

After that i glued the male ends to the blades

And thats it for today, dosent look like much but it is. sanding the pipes for the plastic epoxy to get a better hold, the sanding of rough edges. most of it is just tedious work but definetly worth it to make it look good. tuesday and wednesday i will be working on it again. i have some painting left to do and the riviting and im done so i should be done tuesday night. hope you guys are looking forward to it

nice.....very skilled plus if you want sound effects in it you can get one of the kenner spring action sabers at wal mart and strip the audio board from it

hey you should check out http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/ for info on this. I was a member here a while back and it was the place where I got the places and info I needed to get parts and make my luke episode VI saber (now proudly hanging next to my hasbro anakin episode 3 force fx lightsaber and my obi wan episode 3 force FX lightsaber converted to have removable blade)

Hey I built a lightsaber about a year ago with directions from that same site! I made the Darth Vader look-alike.

img0554t.jpg

Looks wicked man! i myself am wanting to make one from Force Unleashed but i cannot find any patterns for any of them.

well i know that this post is way old but i did eventually finish the project

317219_10150293112217688_500442687_8060142_550674609_n.jpg

291859_10150293112527688_500442687_8060148_93285807_n.jpg

sorry for the negelect of the project. i was going through some tough times

thank you unfourtunetly the plasti-dip kept me from being able to adjust it to put the rivits in but it looks ok with out them

This looks fantastic! I made a custom lightsabre hilt myself a couple years ago, I think I got the original idea from the same site you did!

5972_1105122750779_1308060587_30265206_7788972_n.jpg

As you can see, I made mine into a flashlight, and it's been the most badass flashlight I've ever owned. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back